Dunfermline Athletic -vs- Dundee United (Do we really have to edition)

Well, this game has captured the imagination so much there isn't even a thread about it. Tells a story I guess. 

If Kane is fit, we might do something, as all three games so far between the teams have been close - two draws at Tannadice and a narrow United win at EEP courtesy of a late Chris Mochrie winner - but without him we look toothless and a hard fought 0-0 is probably the best we can hope for. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as Salvo says in the opening post, if Chris Kane is fit then he plays and we might take something. That's how big a difference he makes to us in the attacking third of the pitch. For anyone looking in, yes only one goal in three games but it's his all round play that makes the difference.

Have to be honest, Friday is a free hit as no one will expect us to win the game. I think we're capable but also aware of the task at hand. After Friday we've played the top two for the last time this season and will have seven games left against the teams placed 3rd to 10th. That's where we need to be focusing.

40 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don't mind the friday night games as much as some, but christ its a really disheartening way to end the working week when your struggling.

Aye starting Saturday morning off already knowing it's zero points before anyone else has played is a sickener. I enjoy watching the Friday games but prefer watching other teams, or if we're away from home. 

On 11/03/2024 at 09:06, chris1883 said:

Dunfermline are now my second team until the end of the season. 'mon the Pars!

What you really mean is until next week when ICT will be your second team 😆

19 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

We've done mostly fine against Dundee United this season, which makes me think we're due to get a stomping in this one. Just need to find a way of somehow scraping to 8th by the end of the season 

Who knows what will happen on Friday. What I will say though is if Ewan Otoo pulled off that strike against Jack Walton it likely would have been in*. You will need to sort out your back line, but from what I seen on Saturday - you are a better team than you were 3 months ago.

On a side note, does Otoo sponsor his own jersey? 

image.png.2ca696a29756caa36ed988f2d8f25f0b.png

From dafc.co.uk

* For clarity what I mean is that Big Kev's save was phenomenal. I'm not saying be is a better keeper than Walton, I just believe Walton wouldn't have kept that one out.