Dunfermline Athletic -vs- Dundee United (Do we really have to edition)

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, The SandDancer said:

Dunfermline no winning this, McPake hates playing against United and is a bigger bottle merchant than Goodwin. 3 Nil to Yinited.

The king of wishful thinking. Yer man is the biggest knobber in Scottish football

Home win. For the good of Dunfermline. If Rovers need us to help them out well what can I say. 

How come you need the big team tae dae yees a favour eh? 😜🏁💪

On 11/03/2024 at 09:02, Salvo Montalbano said:

Well, this game has captured the imagination so much there isn't even a thread about it. Tells a story I guess. 

If Kane is fit, we might do something, as all three games so far between the teams have been close - two draws at Tannadice and a narrow United win at EEP courtesy of a late Chris Mochrie winner - but without him we look toothless and a hard fought 0-0 is probably the best we can hope for. 

Reach for the stars! ✨ 

Go and get that hard-fought 0-0 draw. COYP!

4 hours ago, DA87 said:

The king of wishful thinking. Yer man is the biggest knobber in Scottish football

Home win. For the good of Dunfermline. If Rovers need us to help them out well what can I say. 

How come you need the big team tae dae yees a favour eh? 😜🏁💪

Aye he is a knobber but he's gonna be knobbing yer team come this Friday sonny!

1 minute ago, The SandDancer said:

Aye he is a knobber but he's gonna be knobbing yer team come this Friday sonny!

That's the least confident exclamation mark I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, DA87 said:

58 minutes ago, The SandDancer said:

Get ready and bend over for yer knobbing! Is that better?

Help ma boab! Is that what passes for patter up your way? 
Those long winter nights must fly by in your house. 

Edited by Wacky

Any further news on if Kane will be back ? He's so important to our attack, everyone else put up there is hopeless.

Saw McCann played in the reserves yesterday so he looks likely benched again.

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Any further news on if Kane will be back ? He's so important to our attack, everyone else put up there is hopeless.

Saw McCann played in the reserves yesterday so he looks likely benched again.

I think the Courier reported yesterday that Kane, Andy Tod Jnr and Sam Fisher were all in contention.

Challenge Cup game aside where we fielded our U-17's, our games with Utd have all been close. Two draws in the league up at Tannadice and narrowly lost at East End. Our squad should be as good as it has been all season so I think we have a chance to take something again, especially of Chris Kane returns.

Edited by The Toun Clock

16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Hopefully Dunfermline don’t lie down here.

I can assure you that we need every single point for our survival in this league, if we get totally hammered it won’t be because we lay down 

This thread has gone in an odd direction. I've a feeling someone is speaking to themselves just up the page.

Last night's result adds a wee bit pressure on United, but pressure on the home side too not to undo last season's good work in their next few fixtures. Yet they still have a chance of the promotion play-offs too, and nothing would surprise me in this league.