Strongest 11/McGregor/Ferguson conundrum

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My post already called you a fanny, you really didn't have to make another to prove it.

Indeed, I chose to ignore your childish comment.

So when you say "He'll be a starter for us until he calls it quits". You don't mean that he'll be a starter for us until he calls it quits then? 🤣

5 minutes ago, The SandDancer said:

But you're not offering any kind of balanced opinion, rather just slating what I've mentioned...

My very first post in response was balanced and you went off on one about how McGregor is over rated. I'll admit since then I've been less balanced as it's clear I'm arguing with a moron/troll/both.

3 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

So when you say "He'll be a starter for us until he calls it quits". You don't mean that he'll be a starter for us until he calls it quits then? 🤣

Callum McGregor will start games for Scotland for as long as he plays international football. That's what I've said. Why are you talking about him in his 40s?

There’s McGregor on the 4-man shortlist for the SFWA player of the year. 

FWIW, I think McGregor is a fantastic midfielder and is one of the first names on the team sheet.

He does a job that not many of our other midfielders can do and gives us the balance to allow McT and McGinn to support the striker. Always been a bit disappointed he never tested himself outside of Scotland but no doubt he was/is capable of playing at a higher level than Celtic. 

22 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I've not seen anything like that, as McGregor was never seen as the next best thing as a youngster but has got steadily better in just about every season he's played. He has a point in that we can't ignore Ferguson's form and ability but quite simply for all the good midfielders we have McGregor plays a role that alot of them can't really play currently. That's not to say they can't eventually as I never saw McGregor as ever being a deep lying midfielder when he came through.

I disagree in that no one can replicate what McGregor is doing in this team, we have an array of midfielders that are tidy on the ball these days and can get around the pitch just as well.

I really do like Mcgregor but I'm not totally convinced in that he is the best option for us long term anyway, there's something that is missing slightly from his game and I've only mentioned him because I feel the other options we have are more nailed on and can't leave out. Only other option is to drop the striker or drop a CB out to fit in all of our best players including Mcgregor but can't see this happening either but the friendlies coming up should present the opportunity to test things out in the event our 'plan a' doesn't work out

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My very first post in response was balanced and you went off on one about how McGregor is over rated. I'll admit since then I've been less balanced as it's clear I'm arguing with a moron/troll/both.

Callum McGregor will start games for Scotland for as long as he plays international football. That's what I've said. Why are you talking about him in his 40s?

How am I troll/moron etc, if anything this is you. You're just coming across as more of a bellend now.

Just now, The Moonster said:

That doesn't make any sense, but ok yes as long as he or anyone is playing international football they will be playing international football.

Nothing like you said but OK.

3 minutes ago, dezz said:

FWIW, I think McGregor is a fantastic midfielder and is one of the first names on the team sheet.

He does a job that not many of our other midfielders can do and gives us the balance to allow McT and McGinn to support the striker. Always been a bit disappointed he never tested himself outside of Scotland but no doubt he was/is capable of playing at a higher level than Celtic. 

Tbh this is a welcome post. Someone who wants McGregor playing but is rational.

Why do you think he never left Scotland? Just out of interest?

Lack of options and just didn't want to?

Either way he would have been a better player for it. Could easily have seen him playing in a better league.

33 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

There is a wealth of actual physical evidence showing how important Callum McGregor is to the way Scotland play. However we should discount all of this because he plays for Celtic.

I would love to see this 'physical evidence' you talk of... 

Just now, The SandDancer said:

How am I troll/moron etc, if anything this is you. You're just coming across as more of a bellend now.

Have a good night mate.

Just now, Bing.McCrosby said:

That doesn't make any sense, but ok yes as long as he or anyone is playing international football they will be playing international football.

Nothing like you said but OK.

I'm saying that McGregor will play for us until he retires because (a) I think he's that good and (b) we don't have anyone who does the job as well as him. There will need to be a very good midfielder emerging to displace him in the next 4 or 5 years, which is when I expect him to retire from international football. 

Do you understand now or do you want to say some more ridiculous things before I go back to ignoring your every post?

7 minutes ago, dezz said:

Jesus that's a poor list of options, may aswell just hand it to McGinn and not even bother with a shortlist. McSauce has been great for us but done nothing domestically and not sure why Gunn is even on there!

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Have a good night mate.

I'm saying that McGregor will play for us until he retires because (a) I think he's that good and (b) we don't have anyone who does the job as well as him. There will need to be a very good midfielder emerging to displace him in the next 4 or 5 years, which is when I expect him to retire from international football. 

Do you understand now or do you want to say some more ridiculous things before I go back to ignoring your every post?

Good night and try harder next time

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Have a good night mate.

Its better to talk about football rather than childish insults. So yes its an improvement. The first part anyway.

Tbh generally your posts are quite emotional and childish im perfectly happy if you wish to ignore me.

20 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Think Christie is too important as a first line press for us to be considering moving him back. More likely to see McTominay/McGinn/Ferguson playing deeper

Eh? Christie's not even in our first eleven generally surely? He's maybe first off the bench but I'm not seeing him as "too important" for anything when he's not an automatic starter.

18 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

I reckon it’s Derek

It's certainly someone with a highly pro Ferguson agenda, if not a family member.

7 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

The takes on this thread are laughable.

Well yes, but it's basically one guy with a massive Ferguson agenda to push. He's not here to "discuss and debate", he's here with a cyclopic agenda to push. Either because he's related, or because he's got nothing better to do than try trolling this board.

20 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

The guy is a moron, wouldn't even bother with him tbh

4 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Its better to talk about football rather than childish insults. 

This you?

2 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

The McGregor reaction reminds me of that guy on YouTube with his teary defence of Britney Spears🤣

17 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Tbh this is a welcome post. Someone who wants McGregor playing but is rational.

Why do you think he never left Scotland? Just out of interest?

Lack of options and just didn't want to?

Either way he would have been a better player for it. Could easily have seen him playing in a better league.

I'd be very surprised if McGregor hasn't ever received any offers to leave Scotland for a higher level, but who knows. I'm sure there was some chat about Rodgers looking to take him to Leicester when he left Celtic for them.

I guess when you are captaining the club you've played for your whole career, lifting a treble just about every season while taking home ~£25k a week (guesstimate) and don't need to move away from family or friends then I can see why he's quite happy to hang around at Celtic.   

Edited by dezz

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh? Christie's not even in our first eleven generally surely? He's maybe first off the bench but I'm not seeing him as "too important" for anything when he's not an automatic starter.

It's certainly someone with a highly pro Ferguson agenda, if not a family member.

Well yes, but it's basically one guy with a massive Ferguson agenda to push. He's not here to "discuss and debate", he's here with a cyclopic agenda to push. Either because he's related, or because he's got nothing better to do than try trolling this board.

There are some seriously deranged posters on here, claiming i'm related to Ferguson and pushing some kind of massive agenda? I'm a fan of all our players and watch Serie A a lot where Ferguson has been doing great and would like to see him replicate that for Scotland but hasn't been given the chance really. "I'm not here to discuss and debate" Mate you're seriously paranoid and deluded, maybe get yourself checked out. How is it trolling to say I think Mcgregor can be replaced in the team by someone younger, playing at a much higher level and will likely join one of the top clubs in the near future considering who he is being linked with. Get a life.