Strongest 11/McGregor/Ferguson conundrum

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

Christie started v Norway away, Spain home and away, Georgia away. Can only assume he'd have started v Norway at home if there hadn't been that element of rotation that night.

Any time we are expected to be without the ball for a time he is a huge influence on how we play due to his pressing ability 

Careful now, you'll be called a troll now and Christie's dad or something. 

Chrstie is a huge part of this team.

13 minutes ago, velo army said:

18 posts on this page so far. 8 of them from the OP just responding to absolutely fucking everything and now I see "the sand dancer is typing".

200.gif?cid=ff874017f01lywjjwc60d3tx5she

Yes isn't the point of a football forum is to respond to posts, that's pretty self-explanatory. 

Most of the posts are aimed at myself also so I am responding to these.

You really are a moron aren't you... 

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Christie started v Norway away, Spain home and away, Georgia away. Can only assume he'd have started v Norway at home if there hadn't been that element of rotation that night.

Any time we are expected to be without the ball for a time he is a huge influence on how we play due to his pressing ability 

Georgia away was an experimental line up with a back four which left room for an extra player further forward. Fair enough he was preferred to Gilmour in the other three, which were largely early season when Gilmour was in and out of the Brighton side.

It's maybe more a coin flip between the two of them than I thought though.

6 hours ago, dezz said:

I'd be very surprised if McGregor hasn't ever received any offers to leave Scotland for a higher level, but who knows. I'm sure there was some chat about Rodgers looking to take him to Leicester when he left Celtic for them.

I guess when you are captaining the club you've played for your whole career, lifting a treble just about every season while taking home ~£25k a week (guesstimate) and don't need to move away from family or friends then I can see why he's quite happy to hang around at Celtic.   

Yeah I remember the Leicester links as well. Its a a short career tho, if you can double that wage 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, velo army said:

18 posts on this page so far. 8 of them from the OP just responding to absolutely fucking everything and now I see "the sand dancer is typing".

200.gif?cid=ff874017f01lywjjwc60d3tx5she

Donno man, I mean anyone offers any kind of constructive criticism they get constantly "i agree with Steve clarke and whatever he says or does"

Its like a cult and makes these pages pretty dull.

34 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Donno man, I mean anyone offers any kind of constructive criticism they get constantly "i agree with Steve clarke and whatever he says or does"

This could be a valid point regarding actual constructive criticism.

Saying that Callum McGregor should be dropped because he plays for Celtic, or losing the heid because some EFL Championship jobber who’s had a good 5 games in a row hasn’t gotten a call up isn’t constructive criticism.

1 hour ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

That's a very individual interpretation of what has been said. The poster hasn't really offered constructive criticism and hasn't engaged well or in good faith with any others. Most folk have stated, with reasons, why McGregor is important, that Ferguson and he aren't comparable and that McGregor's current performances in a Scotland jersey don't merit consideration in dropping him. 

The OP, rather than engaging with this in a thoughtful way has responded with a lot of abusive ad hominem and "pish". 

There have been a couple of posts which can be interpreted as blind faith in Clarke, but he's earned a lot of credit and I think it's curmudgeonly to view overall satisfaction and deserved faith as cult-like. 

47 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

This could be a valid point regarding actual constructive criticism.

Saying that Callum McGregor should be dropped because he plays for Celtic, or losing the heid because some EFL Championship jobber who’s had a good 5 games in a row hasn’t gotten a call up isn’t constructive criticism.

I think you might need your eyes tested mate. 

I've never said McGregor needs dropped. Only his place might be under threat after the euros.

As for championship jobber, I genuinely have no idea what your on about?

15 minutes ago, velo army said:

That's a very individual interpretation of what has been said. The poster hasn't really offered constructive criticism and hasn't engaged well or in good faith with any others. Most folk have stated, with reasons, why McGregor is important, that Ferguson and he aren't comparable and that McGregor's current performances in a Scotland jersey don't merit consideration in dropping him. 

The OP, rather than engaging with this in a thoughtful way has responded with a lot of abusive ad hominem and "pish". 

There have been a couple of posts which can be interpreted as blind faith in Clarke, but he's earned a lot of credit and I think it's curmudgeonly to view overall satisfaction and deserved faith as cult-like. 

Well I think were all posting our individual interpretations, unless your posting on behalf of a collective 🤣

Your only looking at it from one side. Look at @eez-eheez-eh's post above. Hes just invented two perspectives from me out of thin air?

In general people need to chill out, its not a slight on Steve Clarke discussing the Scotland team and players on the Scotland pages.

Edited by Bing.McCrosby

16 minutes ago, velo army said:

Seriously, are you for real? I've been very engaging until people are calling me out for having an agenda, part of the ferguson family, being a moron, being a troll etc etc. All i've done is questioned Mcgregors role in the starting 11 as I believe we have a better player waiting to take his place now which has not been the case for a long time until this season. Hardly revolutionary! 

Somebody saying that Mcgregor is the most irreplaceable player in the Scotland is just bollocks or pish in my words.

You're the biggest trol on here.

Constructive feedback regarding Mcgregor is below...

He is not a CDM, lacks pace, his passing isn't outrageous for example. I agree to an extent in that McGregor sort of brings out more of a balance to the team but he is more of a deep lying 'quarterback' type of CM, tidy in possession and is a hard worker and gets round the pitch well enough. I actually think Christie in his position at Bournemouth now can replicate this even better although his passing isn't as good as McGregor but he can cover the ground well, fly into tackles as he is quite robust and is decent going forward and then have Gilmour playing the McGegor role, taking the ball off the defence, starting the attacking play, pinging balls out to the full backs etc.

5 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Well I think were all posting our individual interpretations, unless your posting on behalf of a collective 🤣

In general people need to chill out, its not a slight on Steve Clarke discussing the Scotland team and players on the Scotland pages.

I'm actually really perplexed at the attitudes people are taking on here, it really ain't that deep but definitely struck a nerve. It's all very deranged and kind of wished I hadn't of said anything now but i actually thought posters would of replied with sensible posts rather than getting quite aggressive. We are all Scotland fans after all and I will be at the Euros taking in a few games and want Mcgregor to perform as much as anyone else if he is playing which I fully expect he will.

12 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I've never said McGregor needs dropped. Only his place might be under threat after the euros.

The guy is just blinded by his seeming hatred/dislike for you and me by all accounts, it's quite a sad thing to see if you have nothing better going on in your life

4 hours ago, The SandDancer said:

You are very jarring to deal with to be honest, you asked for an example, I give you one and you can't accept it so no point even trying to discuss things with yourself.

I didn't actually ask for an example, but thanks.

31 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I’m referencing the general standard of “constructive” criticism that is seen on this board.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I didn't actually ask for an example, but thanks.

Well one of the other boys in your little group asked and you seem to have no individual opinions on anything and have a herd mentality so does it matter who actully asked the question...

47 minutes ago, The SandDancer said:

I'm actually really perplexed at the attitudes people are taking on here, it really ain't that deep but definitely struck a nerve. It's all very deranged and kind of wished I hadn't of said anything now but i actually thought posters would of replied with sensible posts rather than getting quite aggressive. We are all Scotland fans after all and I will be at the Euros taking in a few games and want Mcgregor to perform as much as anyone else if he is playing which I fully expect he will.

On this we are agreed sir.