Ross County v Heart of Midlothian (16/03/24)

In keeping with Hibs and Celtic levels of paranoia,I’d like to know why Shankland was booked when it was a fkn clear penalty and why Kingsley goal was binned.Hearts won’t scream and howl though,we’ll leave that to hibs &celtic.

Hearts were fkn shite,County weren’t much better but congrats and all the best in your fight with Aberdoon.

47 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Those last 10 minutes have been causing me nausea. Just absolutely shiteing it the whole time, especially when Hearts scored.

Miraculous result tbh, shame Motherwell shat it.

The most County thing possible would be Hearts barely being arsed, give us a two goal head start and we do our best to chuck it away.

35 minutes ago, Comrie said:

The most County thing possible would be Hearts barely being arsed, give us a two goal head start and we do our best to chuck it away.

Yeah but we didn’t Comrie lad, we didn’t. 👍 

Lots of people to congratulate. Firstly the referee, an outstanding performance. The VAR officials also deserve a special mention for bringing the refs attention to the carry on at the free kick. 

I am critical of the county team, but today they gave their all and left nothing on the pitch. It might not have been pretty at times, but they deserved that win by the sheer determination to hang on. 

Yan got a yellow card. I wonder if the cheeky kick at the Hearts player was a reminder to the Hearts fans that he isn't 'one of our own' just yet.

Not said this for a long time, but we'll done to the players and management, that was an enthralling 90+ minutes. 

That was some effort from all involved today so huge credit to the players and staff. Thought there was a hand ball in the lead up to the first goal but perhaps not, hard to see from where I was sitting, but Murray’s second was a brilliant finish. He’s vital to us at the moment, not only his goals but also the assists he’s chipping in with.

2 hours ago, woolf said:

In keeping with Hibs and Celtic levels of paranoia,I’d like to know why Shankland was booked when it was a fkn clear penalty and why Kingsley goal was binned.Hearts won’t scream and howl though,we’ll leave that to hibs &celtic.

Have seen nothing of the game except for these 2 decisions but both look spot on. Not sure what the plan is with Shankland standing 10 yards offside blocking the keepers view. Just trust Kingsley to hit a good enough free kick & you'd be fine. Penalty is also a player absolutely looking for it. Maybe harsh to be a yellow but definitely not a penalty

Brilliant result & sets up a cracker at Pittodrie in a fortnight. Think Motherwell are back in it too especially if we win the afore mentioned game & as we all know, anything can happen post split (except Livingston getting out of 12th). Do think with Cowie seemingly making Dingwall into a bit of a fortress, we can get out of it & if we can sneak a few away results in there too, maybe we'll make it out with a game or 2 to go. 

Edited by MarkPockets

53 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Have seen nothing of the game except for these 2 decisions but both look spot on. Not sure what the plan is with Shankland standing 10 yards offside blocking the keepers view. Just trust Kingsley to hit a good enough free kick & you'd be fine. Penalty is also a player absolutely looking for it. Maybe harsh to be a yellow but definitely not a penalty

Brilliant result & sets up a cracker at Pittodrie in a fortnight. Think Motherwell are back in it too especially if we win the afore mentioned game & as we all know, anything can happen post split (except Livingston getting out of 12th). Do think with Cowie seemingly making Dingwall into a bit of a fortress, we can get out of it & if we can sneak a few away results in there too, maybe we'll make it out with a game or 2 to go. 

He quite clearly is offside.  It’s not even debatable.  

Is it just me or is Wickens one of those keepers who seems to do everything awkwardly? Not saying he's bad, but everything he does doesn't seem to be orthodox at all.

Edited by Comrie

4 hours ago, woolf said:

Hearts were fkn shite,County weren’t much better but congrats and all the best in your fight with Aberdoon.

Here’s my take on it. Shankland was booked because it wasn’t “a fkn clear penalty” and the referee judged him to have dived. And the “Kingsley goal was binned” because Shankland was miles offside blocking the keeper’s view of the ball. Because of these two reasons, Hearts certainly won’t “scream and howl”. Unlike you.

Prior to today, I thought Shankland was a stick on to play a part in Germany. However he seems out of shape, over confident and please excuse me, but a bit thick. Dunno what he was thinking for the free kick, schoolboy stuff that.

29 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Is it just me or is Wickens one of those keepers who seems to everything awkwardly? Not saying he's bad, but everything he does doesn't seem to be orthodox at all.

There’s a lot of pushing the ball straight back out.  It looks to me like he’s just very raw.  

Just now, Pete the Jakey said:

Prior to today, I thought Shankland was a stick on to play a part in Germany. However he seems out of shape, over confident and please excuse me, but a bit thick. Dunno what he was thinking for the free kick, schoolboy stuff that.

The Hearts away kit isn’t the most flattering, but he’s not in great shape.  It’s quite clear why Clarke has his doubts over him.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

The Hearts away kit isn’t the most flattering, but he’s not in great shape.  It’s quite clear why Clarke has his doubts over him.  

Tbf, Shankland is a great goalscorer......but he simply doesn't work hard enough for a Clarke striker.

It's a shame, as he has a talent for scoring. But I don't think he will make the final cut.

Oh, and.......Hearts losing to county. 😂

Minter