Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

I don't know how this all works...but is it the case they are calling an inspection so early to lift the covers off whilst it is dry to inspect the pitch, deem it playable and then re-cover it until the game kicks off? 

Of course, it'll be such an early inspection because it gives Rangers fans as much notice as possible.

There was an update on Sky Sports a wee while ago. Essentially said the pitch looks okay but there are three problem areas, being the two goalmouths and another section.

They said it was only these parts of the pitch that have been covered so I'm assuming they'll get the covers back on them again should it pass the 11am inspection so fingers crossed anyway.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

There was an update on Sky Sports a wee while ago. Essentially said the pitch looks okay but there are three problem areas, being the two goalmouths and another section.

They said it was only these parts of the pitch that have been covered so I'm assuming they'll get the covers back on them again should it pass the 11am inspection so fingers crossed anyway.

The bad news it the other section is the area of the pitch between the two penalty spots. 

So let me see, I’m guessing the response from Rangers is going to be something along the lines of:

Game off - what an embarrassment, the club should catapulted into the sun.

Further inspection - what an embarrassment, think of the fans.

Game on - what an embarrassment, think of the players.

Seem about right?

Just now, stu2910 said:

So let me see, I’m guessing the response from Rangers is going to be something along the lines of:

Game off - what an embarrassment, the club should catapulted into the sun.

Further inspection - what an embarrassment, think of the fans.

Game on - what an embarrassment, think of the players.

Seem about right?

Draw or Dundee win - fucking disgrace that game went ahead

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Rangers win but lose on Sunday - disgrace that we were forced to play on that pitch on Wednesday

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

3-0 win for Rangers, it was the pitch that stopped it being 7.  7-0 win for Rangers, all credit to Dundee I knew they'd manage it they've done a wonderful job.

The visitors' Twitter post not mentioning that the referee deemed the pitch playable, just there will be a second inspection then moaning about an early decision.

Funny, that.

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

The visitors' Twitter post not mentioning that the referee deemed the pitch playable, just there will be a second inspection then moaning about an early decision.

Funny, that.

Nor did they say that they actually agreed to the second pitch inspection.

They are in no position to complain.