Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No.

We'll get a suspended fine and then go though the various steps to get the pitch up to scratch.

Your owners have driven Dens into the ground, you think theyd spend what's needed rather than just groundshare for a year?

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, Binos said:

Rangers fans just woken up to fact Scotland has shit weather 

Must be glorious sunshine in England and Northern Ireland 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your owners have driven Dens into the ground, you think theyd spend what's needed rather than just groundshare for a year?

I take it you didn't listen to the interview by the club secretary within literally the last hour where he says the club entirely understand the work that needs to be done and will do so accordingly?

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

I take it you didn't listen to the interview by the club secretary within literally the last hour where he says the club entirely understand the work that needs to be done and will do so accordingly?

Why wait until now then?

The same guy blaming climate change for the problem?

51 minutes ago, shuggz said:

Just an idea, could Sevco not agree to a revamp of the prize money so clubs further down could spend it on improving the  pitch. Yes, I know I'm being silly.

We had the chance to do that but Aberdeen knew best.

6 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Cool. So United get the same weather and do a better job of keeping the pitch playable by having a drainage system that works. And Dundee, being diddies, have a shit drainage system that isn't befitting the top league, so should be fined or deducted points accordingly. 

This is the last thing I'll be saying on the matter. Thank you. 

Aye that's right, Dundee FC are responsible for city planning and maintenance, and it's f**k all to do with the City Cooncil, Scottish Water etc 😂

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The same guy blaming climate change for the problem?

That's a weird take as to what he said. He was providing context as to why the pitch was as bad as it was...but don't let that get in the way.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Aye that's right, Dundee FC are responsible for city planning and maintenance, and it's f**k all to do with the City Cooncil, Scottish Water etc 😂

Nah its Climate change mate, your man at the clubs said so

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Again, the clubs owners never drove Dens into the ground. They done the bare minimum (at hefty expense) to a rented property whilst attempting to move out. The previous owner(s) let it get to this state.

That's a weird take as to what he said. He was providing context as to why the pitch was as bad as it was...but don't let that get in the way.

What's the context? That Dens Park is the only stadium in Acotland affected by climate change?

I'm a United fan and NOT taking a dig a Dundee at all.

Someone mentioned days ago that Dens and Tannadice run off a different drainage system (and they possibly do) however, let's not pretend that what is going on at Dens is down to a drain under Dens road issue. 

If the system was blocked or choked up then there would be water rising out the drains on Dens Road, that isn't happening.

Dundee have been found out regarding the up keep of the pitch/stadium and the amount of rain has highlighted this 

Just now, Derry Alli said:

Again, the clubs owners never drove Dens into the ground. They done the bare minimum.

Yes.

7 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Cool. So United get the same weather and do a better job of keeping the pitch playable by having a drainage system that works. And Dundee, being diddies, have a shit drainage system that isn't befitting the top league, so should be fined or deducted points accordingly. 

This is the last thing I'll be saying on the matter. Thank you. 

🤣🤣🤣 I live in Charleston and we get the same amount of rain as ardler does yet ardler constantly floods while Charleston doesn't I wonder what's different...oh that's right ardler has a stream running under it and a different drainage system than Charleston 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

What's the context? That Dens Park is the only stadium in Acotland affected by climate change?

I feel myself getting drawn in to a Michael Stewart-esque tedious debate here...

He said that by the research they have done there has been more rainfall than on a 10 year average. This can be attributed to a result of climate change and then he went on to concede that Dundee need to do more to address this. 

Fucking hell it really isn't hard mate.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

No, the journalists at Tynecastle get soaked when it rains.

Spoiler

actually thats just a shit design 😁