Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

What bit about the fact Tannadice isn't next to Dens Road are you disputing precisely?

The point I’m making there is that I have no fucking idea about the sewers, drains etc in that part of town, or indeed any other part of town. And I’m afraid I have a hard time believing that you or any of the other Dundee fans who are suddenly “experts” on the topic do either. 

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

Absolutely admire the brass neck of a club that was sold for a pound to someone already banned as a company director, failed to submit its accounts and sold only 250 season tickets before spiralling into liquidation, criticising another club as 'unprofessional'.

That was a different club. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

McDiarmid Park has a burn running under it too.

Why is every Scottish football ground built on top of a burn?

GKzIuzZWoAMSJDN.thumb.jpeg.4e2290db3217e6395eb1be39cfc01d35.jpeg

Hampden, as well. 

Just now, Junior_Arab said:

The point I’m making there is that I have no fucking idea about the sewers, drains etc in that part of town, or indeed any other part of town. And I’m afraid I have a hard time believing that you or any of the other Dundee fans who are suddenly “experts” on the topic do either. 

To quote @RandomGuy. from a previous thread - "Do you understand how hills work?"

As it's the money men behind Dundee who failed to invest in facilities causing this delay, surely the fairest thing is to not punish the club but deduct 3 points from the company. That should leave everyone happy.

Good luck on the club in their attempt to break a record
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/mar/22/theknowledge.sport

the Scottish Cup second-round clash between Inverness Thistle and Falkirk had to be postponed no fewer than 29 times.

58 minutes ago, Super Staggie said:

in might be different in Belfast or Londonderry?

Rained most of the day here (in the County).

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

Completely true - but they've usually had the decency to complete Matchday #32 first..

This game is from matchday 30. 

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

To quote @RandomGuy. from a previous thread - "Do you understand how hills work?"

Hills “work” in any number of ways. If you’re talking about water running down them (which, if you want to be pedantic about things is probably more about how water “works” tbh) then, yes, I’d like to think I’ve a decent grasp of the basics. But it doesn’t make me Joseph fucking Bazalgette. 

the amusing thing is..if the original game hadn't been moved to the sunday because sky needed a slot filled it would have been played by now....so unlucky sky this is all your fault for feeling the need to show every single one of the bigot brothers away games.

21 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Maybe if Dundee hadn’t flown so many South Americans over and ruined the environment when they won the lea……no sorry when they won the cu……sorry made the top 6 then this wouldn’t have happened.

We've had 2 administrations since then - nice try.

I wonder if an option for next season and beyond, dependent on votes, is to lay a plastic pitch which can then be ripped up and relaid as one of the new training pitches.  They’re not cheap but can’t be any worse than drastic drainage works and while I wouldn’t want Dundee to play on plastic permanently, I could live with it for a few years.

7 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

the amusing thing is..if the original game hadn't been moved to the sunday because sky needed a slot filled it would have been played by now....so unlucky sky this is all your fault for feeling the need to show every single one of the bigot brothers away games.

It is in fact Dundee's fault for having a rubbish pitch.

This has been much more entertaining than another regular pumping from one of the bigot brothers like all of the other times we've played them this season. As embarrassing as it is I've quite enjoyed the seethe and uproar it's caused since it's against them and I wasn't going anyway. I didn't have that attitude for Aberdeen and the other games and posted so somewhere on here which goes against those saying no dundee fans are seeing the clubs is at fault. Also obviously I won't be so pleased when we quite rightly get punished for it.

The reason there are so many rumours about the cause ie lack of spending on upkeep, high amount of rainfall, dens road drainage etc is because the club have never really explained what the problem is. Based on nothing at all I'm guessing it's probably mostly lack of investment in the upkeep of the pitch system which has finally come back to bite us and also the dens road drainage issues made worse by more rainfall than usual. I'm also guessing (again) that the reason the club isn't explaining is it'll show their at fault, or if it's totally blameless (which is unlikely) they won't want to point fingers at the council who have to approve our new stadium (yes I know). All pure speculation from me but there's not much else to do. 

Also the trolling attempts have been very poor and reminds me of some Cowdenbeath and Arbroath fans when we were in the championship forum.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It is in fact Dundee's fault for having a rubbish pitch.

why are you getting yir y-fronts in such a fucking twist over this..anybody would think that rangers is your big team.

1 minute ago, stu2910 said:

I wonder if an option for next season and beyond, dependent on votes, is to lay a plastic pitch which can then be ripped up and relaid as one of the new training pitches.  They’re not cheap but can’t be any worse than drastic drainage works and while I wouldn’t want Dundee to play on plastic permanently, I could live with it for a few years.

It would also give the new training pitch the prestige of having been the final Dens Park turf. 

16 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Hills “work” in any number of ways. If you’re talking about water running down them (which, if you want to be pedantic about things is probably more about how water “works” tbh) then, yes, I’d like to think I’ve a decent grasp of the basics. But it doesn’t make me Joseph fucking Bazalgette. 

Congratulations on raising a smile. Mentioning the king of sewerage on a thread filled with pish and shite is most apt!

If Dundee are removed from the league midway, and the results against them are voided, who gets the biggest boost in the battle for top 6 or avoiding relegation?

Don’t think it would affect Hearts or Killie all too much, but Ross County would be sitting prettier (I think?)

Just now, Orbix said:

If Dundee are removed from the league midway, and the results against them are voided, who gets the biggest boost in the battle for top 6 or avoiding relegation?

Don’t think it would affect Hearts or Killie all too much, but Ross County would be sitting prettier (I think?)

Put this in the Derek Adams bin.