Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

10 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It’s not really a surprise that a club which spends most of its time in the Championship has Championship level facilities.

5/10 of the Championship clubs have better facilities according to the SFA, and Dundee are struggling to keep to even the Bronze level. 

Rated Silver:
Dundee United

Dunfermline Athletic

Caley Thistle

Partick Thistle

Rated Gold:

Queen’s Park

17 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It’s not really a surprise that a club which spends most of its time in the Championship has Championship level facilities.

Why does a Kilmarnock fan have such a problem with Dundee?

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Why does a Kilmarnock fan have such a problem with Dundee?

In my near 20 years of being here this posters hatred of Dundee, especially in his pre banned dindeleux days has been one of the things that has kept me coming back 

Fair play.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Rangers manager Clement says they will know by Tuesday at 12:00 BST where Wednesday evening's match will be played.

What if weather subsequently deteriorates?

And becomes......inClement?

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

5/10 of the Championship clubs have better facilities according to the SFA, and Dundee are struggling to keep to even the Bronze level. 

Rated Silver:
Dundee United

Dunfermline Athletic

Caley Thistle

Partick Thistle

Rated Gold:

Queen’s Park

QP ? They don’t even have floodlights!

Tony Docherty apparently confirms Dundee requested the game be played on the 3rd, but Rangers sent an appeal in to the SPFL and the date was moved to the 10th.

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I definitely don’t “hate” Dundee or any club really apart from the obvious two.

Given your vitriolic posts over this thread, you're hiding your non-hatred really well. 

In fact, given the massive part that Dundee had in Kilmarnock's only top division win, I would have thought that Dundee should be your second team. 

Edited by kingjoey

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tony Docherty apparently confirms Dundee requested the game be played on the 3rd, but Rangers sent an appeal in to the SPFL and the date was moved to the 10th.

Where are you seeing this?

Seems at odds to what has been stated in the article below, which claims Hampden sources insist the 10th was the preference for both clubs.

Why was Dundee v Rangers not played on Wednesday April 3? (thecourier.co.uk)

I see Jim White has also just tweeted stating he's had confirmation that last midweek was never an option with Dundee having told the SPFL on the 2nd the pitch was unplayable. Seems to corroborate Clement's comments yesterday when he said Dundee needed more time to get the pitch ready.

Edited by AJF

9 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I definitely don’t “hate” Dundee or any club really apart from the obvious two.

Hearts I kind of get but Hibs try to play some nice fitba.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Where are you seeing this?

Seems at odds to what has been stated in the article below, which claims Hampden sources insist the 10th was the preference for both clubs.

Why was Dundee v Rangers not played on Wednesday April 3? (thecourier.co.uk)

I see Jim White has also just tweeted stating he's had confirmation that last midweek was never an option with Dundee having told the SPFL on the 2nd the pitch was unplayable. Seems to corroborate Clement's comments yesterday when he said Dundee needed more time to get the pitch ready.

Second hand info from this article, which doesn't make clear what club wanted it delayed.

GK6tDtpWkAAL9Z7.thumb.jpeg.eec69e5cbc3c891c1cd86d2863950829.jpeg

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Second hand info from this article, which doesn't make clear what club wanted it delayed.

GK6tDtpWkAAL9Z7.thumb.jpeg.eec69e5cbc3c891c1cd86d2863950829.jpeg

That's the exact same article I posted a link to... except you've cropped out the sentence below the picture which states "Hampden sources insist it was the preference of both teams to play the game this week."

Lets be honest...it suited both clubs to have it this week. It allowed us to get injured players back and extra time for the pitch to get up to scratch (ha) whilst also allowing a full weeks preparation for Rangers to play Celtic. I know which one the extra week would have benefitted more it and was the team that are in a title race - so they may well have pushed for it that little bit more. 

I think to a degree we were hedging our bets on having top 6 done and dusted last weekend to which a postponement against Rangers during the week wouldn't have mattered as much. That's just my opinion though - the club would probably say that never crossed their mind.

Edited by Pens_Dark

15 hours ago, K.T said:

Personally I hope they drop points to us and lose the title by a single point. Even better if one of their players goes round McCracken in the 98th minute and then slips on the slick surface and misses an empty net winner.

They'd likely get a penalty...

I'm going to miss this now, so is there any chance that there will be somewhere in Dublin city centre that will be showing this live? Don't even know if you get UK Sky Sports in Ireland? I presume it won't be difficult to find people who want us to win (although not out of any love for Dundee, I would guess), but don't know if it's likely to be a major draw there...

11 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I'm going to miss this now, so is there any chance that there will be somewhere in Dublin city centre that will be showing this live? Don't even know if you get UK Sky Sports in Ireland? I presume it won't be difficult to find people who want us to win (although not out of any love for Dundee, I would guess), but don't know if it's likely to be a major draw there...

A draw would be fantastic assuming we've already beaten the Dons tomorrow (or Hibs and 'well draw).