Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

I like the bit from Rangers that  "following strong representations from Rangers, supporters who have tickets for Dens Park will be able to attend the game at McDiarmid Park, should it move." As if that wouldn't have happened if Rangers hadn't made "strong representations". Are they possibly quite full of their own self-importance? 

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I like the bit from Rangers that  "following strong representations from Rangers, supporters who have tickets for Dens Park will be able to attend the game at McDiarmid Park, should it move." As if that wouldn't have happened if Rangers hadn't made "strong representations". Are they possibly quite full of their own self-importance? 

I have never hoped so much for a Dundee victory, and I suspect I never will again. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

To be fair, there were fairly credible media suggestions previously that behind closed doors options were being explored for the Motherwell and Rangers games. The idea of Dundee v Motherwell being played at Airdrie with no fans was definitely floated by some, and Motherwell's CEO seemed to suggest it had been brought to the table.

That would have been ludicrous, but I have no idea whether the idea had proper legs.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

To be fair, there were fairly credible media suggestions previously that behind closed doors options were being explored for the Motherwell and Rangers games. The idea of Dundee v Motherwell being played at Airdrie with no fans was definitely floated by some, and Motherwell's CEO seemed to suggest it had been brought to the table.

That would have been ludicrous, but I have no idea whether the idea had proper legs.

Because of the "strong representations" by Rangers that won't be happening.  I know about the Motherwell game, but anyone who seriously thought that the Dundee v Rangers game would be played behind closed doors anywhere, really doesn't understand Scottish football. 

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

"Tweedland" The Gentlemen's club: House of Cards, the best political ...

26 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Look we know Dens is in a real state but IMHO there is no way that it should fail a pitch inspection tomorrow and with no deluge forecast the game should 100% go ahead at Dens on Wednesday. If it's moved to Perth then other forces are at play here.

I think the pitch will be playable for Wednesday night but the sfa won't take the risk and the match will be moved to Perth to make sure the match is definitely played and won't be called off on the day again. Rangers will no doubt be pushing for this too.

21 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

I think the pitch will be playable for Wednesday night but the sfa won't take the risk and the match will be moved to Perth to make sure the match is definitely played and won't be called off on the day again. Rangers will no doubt be pushing for this too.

Aye, we can't have a rough, bobbly pitch acting as a leveller and potentially playing any part in Rangers dropping any more points. Imagine a dodgy bounce deceiving Butland late in the game to hand the Dee's a late winner?

I suspect the league will shite it and bow to their 'strong representations' no matter if the pitch edges towards playable or not.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Still designated as a 'home' game, eh? Get it on at McDiarmid, give the **** 3 sides like the regular occupants would, and make bank.

Situation is tinpot enough, might as well try and recoup some costs for the call-offs.

That'll all be offset by the 6 figure fee you'll be giving us.

Has a stadium change ever happened like this before?

32 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Aye, we can't have a rough, bobbly pitch acting as a leveller and potentially playing any part in Rangers dropping any more points. Imagine a dodgy bounce deceiving Butland late in the game to hand the Dee's a late winner?

I suspect the league will shite it and bow to their 'strong representations' no matter if the pitch edges towards playable or not.

I also suspect Celtic will be complaining if it is moved.

It's an absolute nonsense that they are pandering to these c***s.

Moving a home game to a neutral venue is far more questionable in terms of integrity than just postponing and playing next week.

If they are so worried of a shame game repeat then play it first.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That'll all be offset by the 6 figure fee you'll be giving us.

Has a stadium change ever happened like this before?

Dundee played Rangers at Tannadice in 1999 because they were doing work on their stand.

Gretna played Celtic at Almondvale in 2008 because of the state of the pitch at Fir Park.

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

to be fair still worth more than a couple of covid cups won in front of no fans, not that you have any

Was away to joke about you being bitter about our Scottish Cup win against United, then remembered you wouldn't have been born when that happened.

1 minute ago, Arab_R_us said:

to be fair still worth more than a couple of covid cups won in front of no fans, not that you have any

You guys are equally a car crash of a club. Pipe down and enjoy the up bit of your yo-yo.