Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

There is absolutely no difference between having players on loan and having them on a 1-year permanent deal. Fair enough you want to eventually get good players pinned down on a long-term contract, but you can't really do that as a newly promoted side.

Aberdeen would probably have been better signing some good players on loan instead of lots of rubbish ones permanently.

You're not keen on Aberdeen, I get that.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

There is absolutely no difference between having players on loan and having them on a 1-year permanent deal.

I look forward to watching Brodie Spencer and Mika Biereth play against Aberdeen next week.

No, wait...

1 minute ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I look forward to watching Brodie Spencer and Mika Biereth play against Aberdeen next week.

No, wait...

If the player can be recalled it's really not a season-long loan.

17 minutes ago, The Master said:

Fifth only gets Europe if Aberdeen don’t win the cup.

It would certainly be the Dundee way. 

There’s two of us hoping for 5th, and, (I need a shower), Celtic to pump the shite out of Aberdeen in the cup. Needs must. IF neither of us make 5th, and the fourth pre-qualifying round of the UEFA Diddy Conference Euro League Cup Thing, then aye, probably the most St Mirreny/Dundee thingy ever.

See Youse in the battle for 5th and glory. 😎

Just catching up but I can only assume my LiveScore app is playing up because i dont see the Rangers penalty anywhere?

Surely the ref wasn't careless enough to not award them their usual emergency penalty when theyre not in a commanding lead?

Statement incoming...

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Do you not have nine loans at the moment, the bulk of who played against us on Saturday? That's not great.

The majority are in the last 6 months of their deals at their parent clubs. They’ve effectively been on trial with us. Great moves by the club and the players. 

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There is absolutely no difference between having players on loan and having them on a 1-year permanent deal. Fair enough you want to eventually get good players pinned down on a long-term contract, but you can't really do that as a newly promoted side.

Aberdeen would probably have been better signing some good players on loan instead of lots of rubbish ones permanently.

Bit sensitive 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Other than winning a cup, I’m going to bet that clements record will be very similar to ‘mick’ beales around this time last year when he inherited a shambles?

Fun (or depressing) fact: apart from Ally McCoist, most of whose games were in lower divisions, Clement has the highest win percentage of any Rangers manager ever and Beale is second.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 06.50.33.png

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 06.52.44.png

Edited by GordonS

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Other than winning a cup, I’m going to bet that clements record will be very similar to ‘mick’ beales around this time last year when he inherited a shambles?

Rangers are 4 points better off.

This is the split last season. 

Screenshot_20240418_065354_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b6ce3a30457b21399cf5bd00e7f1700f.jpg