Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

Game could've been played at two or three o'clock, what was the problem with that? 

Morons in charge said no for whatever reason.

Should be these bunch of clowns under 'investigation'. IMO.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

43 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Must have been some fucking microclimate to generate a monsoon one side of the road and not the other. 

United seem to have the devils luck with away games when the weather's poor.

15 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The usual double standards from the SPFL. 

Rangers whine and the c***s can't bend over quick enough.

Just utterly corrupt.

This is probably more to appease Sky than us imo.

Remarkable the magnitude of discussion regarding the views of a football club formed only 12 years ago, followed by, shall we remain gentle and polite and say a support with a mind set from the 1700's. 

The colour of the book should attract you all if nowt else, education is everything.

Regards as always.

04Thesubtleartofnotgivingafuck.thumb.jpg.1b8159d012f27ba90b42e14a3b23faf1.jpg 

7 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Although the situation yesterday was sub-optimal for everyone, this "Investigation" appears to be just to appease Rangers after their latest snot-nosed club statement 

Not that I'm wanting to defend Rangers, but I'm fairly sure Motherwell got investigated after 3 call offs in a season, so it's maybe just the SPFLs trigger point.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not that I'm wanting to defend Rangers, but I'm fairly sure Motherwell got investigated after 3 call offs in a season, so it's maybe just the SPFLs trigger point.

So that would have happened after the New Year game against your lot was postponed. 

Theres only one reason the SPFL are being so publicly vocal about this. 

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There should have been an investigation after the Aberdeen postponement.

This has only happened because Rangers (and Sky) have whined about it.

There's also some absolute nonsense and downright lies in that Rangers statement - no doubt to appease the tinfoil hat wearers in their support.

13 hours ago, The Master said:

I caught the news on the radio earlier and apparently the SPFL think there’s a “scheduling nightmare”. 

Can anyone explain why? After the intentional break, there’s 2 free midweeks. 

Or is it a case of them being terrified of Sevco having a midweek fixture when Celtic don’t?

There is room for this match.

The problem is that the most appropriate date coincides with some Champions League matches (on the tv).

As we know, Sky have the rights to the Dundee v Sevco match so it cant be on tv at the same time as Champs League ones.

I would have thought the simple solution is that the match could be played without live TV*, and perhaps Sky will have to schedule in another match, although that may not include one of Rangers or Celtic.

It shouldnt be that tricky.

*I appreciate that this may prove problematic to all the Rangers "fans" who dont actually go to the fitba.

The midweek of 3rd April has no Champions League fixtures for a TV clash, and is over two weeks from now, so plenty time to organise things. Shouldn't be any kind of issue with that date.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

So that would have happened after the New Year game against your lot was postponed. 

Theres only one reason the SPFL are being so publicly vocal about this. 

Precisely. The pandering and boot licking is entirely fucking predictable.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

There is room for this match.

The problem is that the most appropriate date coincides with some Champions League matches (on the tv).

As we know, Sky have the rights to the Dundee v Sevco match so it cant be on tv at the same time as Champs League ones.

I would have thought the simple solution is that the match could be played without live TV*, and perhaps Sky will have to schedule in another match, although that may not include one of Rangers or Celtic.

It shouldnt be that tricky.

*I appreciate that this may prove problematic to all the Rangers "fans" who dont actually go to the fitba.

As pointed out, Wednesday 3rd April works because 1) it's far enough away to plan and 2) Sky have nothing else scheduled, and there's no Champions League.

The only reason it can't work (and I use "reason" very loosely) is because of who the visitor's play the following Sunday.