🇱🇻🇱🇻Arbroath vs Thistle🔴🟡 - 23rd March 2024

First time I will have been past Perth, on that side of the country. Had some time off to take so scenic train journey up, ice hockey at Braehead tonight and the women's final on Sunday.  The legendary wind seems to be set to arrive, right on cue. 

Sad this could be our last visit to Arbroath in a while. The top away day in the division.

There has been some good and bad games for both sides over the last few seasons.

Anyway, hopefully Thistle will get the 3 points today.

Haste ye back. Grangemouth away is a very unappealing away day.

I really don’t see what MacKinnon gives us and have yet to see anything from Innes Murray but hope today I’m shown wrong. First time ever I’m hoping the wind makes it difficult for either team to give us a better chance

Only thing worse than Gaston’s reflexes is the the pie stall running out of hot food before half-time. Small time stuff.

Edited by Reid

1 minute ago, afc_36_0 said:

Imagine only scoring 1 against us

On sportsound, they were marveling at how Dundee United had a goal difference of 36, whereas Raith sat level with only a +13 goal difference.  That is almost entirely the Arbroath effect.

Great away day, although I didn't feel comfortable until the final whistle.  Not sure if Gaston saw the ball late for the goal.   Loved the ground and chatting to a few locals about sea fishing and motorbikes.  Haddock and chips, in a cafe down by the harbour, was delicious.  If Arbroath do go, it sounds like Gayfield will be missed.

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

Moving McBeth to central defence has been a great move by Doolan. He was terrific today as was Aero

As has having Mitchell as our no 1.  Defence seem to be more confident with him than with the other 2

One for @The Thistle Archive

Apart from today and last weekend, when if at all have the surnames of the Thistle goalkeeper and the entire back line all begun with the same letter (Mitchell, McMillan, Muirhead, McBeth, Milne)?

What’s the highest number of Thistle players with the same first letter of surname to have been on the park at the same time?

And what was the narrowest alphabetical spread of any Thistle starting XI (eg today’s was F(itzpatrick) to R(obinson) but had an astonishing 8 players across consecutive letters LMN)?

Edited by Ad Lib