29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Barnes literally gave in interview about a week before that double header talking about how he dreams of playing for England again. It is a non-starter.

What people say, what people do and what they say they do are entirely different things !! 

So, craigkillie are you against Barnes joining Scotland should it happen? 

I’m hoping Barnes and Clarke bang heads and make it happen 

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Barnes literally gave in interview about a week before that double header talking about how he dreams of playing for England again. It is a non-starter.

From the man who brought you.

Steve Clarke will always play a back 5.

Steve Clarke doesn't rate Ralston and wouldn't select him.

And many more including famously, Hickey cant play on the right.

Expect Barnes in the next squad 🤣

25 minutes ago, BroraBoy said:

What people say, what people do and what they say they do are entirely different things !! 

What he’s said and what he’s doing are exactly the same thing. 

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Has he? When did this suddenly happen?

It has been the case for over six months. Dunno if it was sudden, but it is certainly accepted. He is currently out of favour at QPR due to consistent poor performance. Search "dykes QPR" on twitter and brace yourself

3 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

From the man who brought you.

Steve Clarke will always play a back 5.

Steve Clarke doesn't rate Ralston and wouldn't select him.

And many more including famously, Hickey cant play on the right.

Expect Barnes in the next squad 🤣

After reading this forum for a while, I get the Impression the guy thinks he's some kind of know it all but a lot of the time, he/she comes away with a lot of shite and speaks as if things are facts when it ain't. 

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

After reading this forum for a while, I get the Impression the guy thinks he's some kind of know it all but a lot of the time, he/she comes away with a lot of shite and speaks as if things are facts when it ain't. 

I strongly suspect he believes he is Steve Clarke, or at least has a telepathic connection 🤣

14 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

I'm unsure how you're no getting this

I'm getting it, it's easy to understand. You think Fraser should be called up. You don't know why he hasn't been called up. Your putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Steve Clarke has explained this issue well enough in the press, but here's a little more.

Spoiler

If you had to give a percentage when you’re making a judgement of bringing somebody into the squad, how much is it based on talent as a footballer and how much of it is on the personality and the characteristics as a person?

Probably 90% : 10%. (Steve Clarke)

90% the person?

90% the talent. (Steve Clarke)

Is it? Other managers we’ve spoken to have said they would take the person over the ability. Attitude over ability.

You want the best players, sometimes you’ve got to take some rascals to get the best ones. (Steve Clarke)

Steve Clarke, High Performance

https://streamable.com/8yjesg

5 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I'm getting it, it's easy to understand. You think Fraser should be called up. You don't know why he hasn't been called up. Your putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Steve Clarke has explained this issue well enough in the press, but here's a little more.

Reveal hidden contents

You're still no getting it though and i'll break it down for you...

Essentially Clarke is saying 90% of the time he will take the best players talent wise that are available. 10% of the time, selection is based on attitude.

I think everyone can agree that Fraser is one our better players and is currently in form playing at a good level for a good team. We don't have other likes him and he would be a great option to have in the squad.

You keep saying there may or may not be an attitude issue. However, it has been proven there was issues so you need to get past this. Clarke likely picked him before after the issues because we were struggling at the time so had no other choice to do so and he has stated choosing "rascals" in his squad which evidences this.

The most logical reason is that since the squad has improved and has brought about a great team spirit then he is concerned about bringing in someone with past attitude issues. Otherwise it is a really baffling decision by Clarke not to include him recently considering he picked four keepers. 

But aye, you believe whatever you like...

46 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

You're still no getting it though and i'll break it down for you...

Essentially Clarke is saying 90% of the time he will take the best players talent wise that are available. 10% of the time, selection is based on attitude.

I think everyone can agree that Fraser is one our better players and is currently in form playing at a good level for a good team. We don't have other likes him and he would be a great option to have in the squad.

You keep saying there may or may not be an attitude issue. However, it has been proven there was issues so you need to get past this. Clarke likely picked him before after the issues because we were struggling at the time so had no other choice to do so and he has stated choosing "rascals" in his squad which evidences this.

The most logical reason is that since the squad has improved and has brought about a great team spirit then he is concerned about bringing in someone with past attitude issues. Otherwise it is a really baffling decision by Clarke not to include him recently considering he picked four keepers. 

But aye, you believe whatever you like...

I don't agree with your interpretation, but this discussion is clearly going nowhere so just have to move on. Unfortunately myths thrive in an environment with limited fact. Most of the facts that are available are out there for anyone else who cares.

Have a nice day Sand Dancer, good to have you back. 👍

16 hours ago, immcinto said:

It has been the case for over six months. Dunno if it was sudden, but it is certainly accepted. He is currently out of favour at QPR due to consistent poor performance. Search "dykes QPR" on twitter and brace yourself

Dykes is not out of favour at QPR. 

On 06/04/2024 at 08:25, Butters Scotch said:

Yep was an ideal opportunity to try out something different. Shankland isn't going to be good enough long term so could of given Mcburnie another go.

However, Clarke isn't the manager to bring in anyone different or new at this point though 

Before the last Euros he brought in Adams in the March window and Gilmour, Patterson and Turnbull right before the tournament.

5 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I don't agree with your interpretation, but this discussion is clearly going nowhere so just have to move on. Unfortunately myths thrive in an environment with limited fact. Most of the facts that are available are out there for anyone else who cares.

Have a nice day Sand Dancer, good to have you back. 👍

Your condescending way of speaking is very amusing. However, I would love to know why you think Fraser is not being selected since you haven't really given a real opinion on this?

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Before the last Euros he brought in Adams in the March window and Gilmour, Patterson and Turnbull right before the tournament.

Pretty sure each team were allowed to have a bigger squad in the previous euros due to COVID...

Adams only just opted to play for Scotland shortly before the Euros and to this day, we are still struggling for strikers

A blind man could see how good Gilmour was at the time and everyone was touting him to be part of the national team.

Patterson didn't get a game and barely got any minutes. Plus Clarke put in SOD before him

Tunrbull was a bench warmer and barely played if he got any minutes at all

4 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Had to get past some serious defending as well

Defending or no defending makes no odds to the mini-Messi.

It was a good bit of opportunism, to be fair, and he finished it well. 

43 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

McBurnie scored again. 

It’s hard to define McBurnie as a footballer, good in the air but dreadful with his feet?

Like a less mobile but better goal scoring Lyndon Dykes…

IMG_0352.png