Potential ban on artificial pitches in the Premiership - No to just 12 clubs voting

52 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

No need for astro pitches to be poor or dry - they're easy to water.

How many clubs in Scotland currently have a "good quality grass pitch"?

In the Topflight 9 out of 12. 

We need to look to sell the product in Scotland. Plastic pitches devalue the game. They look utterly terrible on tv and you rarely see a good game on them. There’s no excuse for a top flight professional team playing on a plastic pitch. 

The Rovers or should I say Starks Park Properties only have it to generate money and make a fortune off their so called “community club”. 

11 minutes ago, kdypar said:

We need to look to sell the product in Scotland. Plastic pitches devalue the game. They look utterly terrible on tv and you rarely see a good game on them. There’s no excuse for a top flight professional team playing on a plastic pitch. 

The Rovers or should I say Starks Park Properties only have it to generate money and make a fortune off their so called “community club”. 

Utter, utter pish. Moronic pish at that.

18 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Haud me back! Jings! Crivvens! Help ma boab! A football club trying to maximise its income to make sure it doesn't go insolvent and into administration then shaft its creditors in the local community and beyond. And to try to get the local community to relate with and "buy" (not financially) into its local club.  Whatever is the world coming to?

Been plenty of good games on TV this season from Stark's Park or so I've been told by erse cheek supporters here in my part of the country.

Edited by embow
Misspelt word

56 minutes ago, kdypar said:

The community club aspect is actually John sims love child when it comes to spp/rr. His father was a vicar within Kirkcaldy and he's openly spoken about how he views the club and community aspect of it as a way to replace what's been lost in the town with people not having the same involvement in churches etc, from a community aspect. 

He's put far more money in to the club and spp than he would ever even look to recoup now. He chased off a consortium, quite publicly, that where going to give him more money simply due to the fact that there where no gaurentees on the community side and he wanted to see the club thrive alongside it as a community club. 

So respectfully, you're opinion is absolute pish on that. 

11 hours ago, grumswall said:

The community club aspect is actually John sims love child when it comes to spp/rr. His father was a vicar within Kirkcaldy and he's openly spoken about how he views the club and community aspect of it as a way to replace what's been lost in the town with people not having the same involvement in churches etc, from a community aspect. 

He's put far more money in to the club and spp than he would ever even look to recoup now. He chased off a consortium, quite publicly, that where going to give him more money simply due to the fact that there where no gaurentees on the community side and he wanted to see the club thrive alongside it as a community club. 

So respectfully, you're opinion is absolute pish on that. 

So taking thousands of pounds in rent from your own community club helps it thrive? Utter nonsense. The community club is partly used as a cash cow for SPP. 

If they were a true community club they wouldn’t pay rent and as such would be able to lower their high monthly fees. 

3 hours ago, kdypar said:

So taking thousands of pounds in rent from your own community club helps it thrive? Utter nonsense. The community club is partly used as a cash cow for SPP. 

If they were a true community club they wouldn’t pay rent and as such would be able to lower their high monthly fees. 

So taking thousands of pounds in cash from your football club, and away from facilities maintenance and the budget, is the best plan to support the community because you can then just charge the fan more? Your take on this is Dundonian in its stupidity. I’m surprised you manage to breathe on your own, show us where the bad team touched you (rhetorical, as the seasons results are well known).

17 hours ago, kdypar said:

Exactly what you said. Plastic devalues the game.

To quote a Mr Hearn of the snooker and darts fraternity when giving a presentation to the Directors of Scottish clubs with regard to improving their product, “ I don’t know much about Scottish football  but listening to your financial figures, doesn’t seem like you do either”

What percentage of fans in Scotland watch English Premiership games on the telly, then ask yourself what percentage of English fans make the same effort to watch a Scottish game.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

What percentage of fans in Scotland watch English Premiership games on the telly, then ask yourself what percentage of English fans make the same effort to watch a Scottish game.

Who gives a f**k? 

40 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

That’s why Scottish football is in its current state

What does this mean?

How are plastic pitches relevant to whether or not English fans are interested in Scottish football? Would all grass pitches in the top flight suddenly have Man United fans flocking to Dundee versus Ross County?

Or is it just utter nonsense? 

I have no opinion for or against plastic pitches, (though there is an active environmental issue against them), but on googling I see the life expectancy is 8 years and the renewal cost is around the £500,000 mark plus the groundsmen wages for maintaining and repairing the pitch over 8 years at a further cost of around £300,000 

Considering championship clubs only who employ say 2-3 groundsmen full time would their wages plus maintenance  and grass seed exceed the £800,000 over 8 years?

I have noted that the main pitch can be used for training therebye doing away with a further cost of a training pitch but surely using a plastic pitch for training four days a week and then a match day does incur more damage and cost.

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 hours ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Exactly what you said. Plastic devalues the game.

To quote a Mr Hearn of the snooker and darts fraternity when giving a presentation to the Directors of Scottish clubs with regard to improving their product, “ I don’t know much about Scottish football  but listening to your financial figures, doesn’t seem like you do either”

What point are you trying to make? Are you saying that English fans will start flocking to watch televised games at Livingston and Kilmarnock once those artificial pitches are history?

2 hours ago, Mike the Magyar said:

That’s why Scottish football is in its current state

What current state is that? Attendances are generally at their highest since before most of us were born.

There are two things wrong with Scottish football - a failure to join the modern world and actually train kids in technique, and the title only being an option for two clubs, both of whom have utterly reprehensible supports.

Neither of those things are related to grass or plastic pitches. Though plastic pitches help with training kids in a cold, wet, dark country like ours.

And anyone who says they've never seen a good game on a plastic pitch is lying to themselves. 

15 minutes ago, GordonS said:

What current state is that? Attendances are generally at their highest since before most of us were born.

There are two things wrong with Scottish football - a failure to join the modern world and actually train kids in technique, and the title only being an option for two clubs, both of whom have utterly reprehensible supports.

Neither of those things are related to grass or plastic pitches. Though plastic pitches help with training kids in a cold, wet, dark country like ours.

And anyone who says they've never seen a good game on a plastic pitch is lying to themselves. 

My post wasn’t related to plastic pitches it was regarding a previous poster’s comment. 
I don’t disagree with some  of your post but I’ll stick by my belief that plastic pitches just add to the overall decline in our game. 
There was a post today on another thread about the club running out of hot food before HT. No point in a plastic pitch if the rest of your day out is crap. 
I agree with you on the OF, but 12 clubs that can’t/ won’t play on grass on what is supposed to be our PREMIER  league? I