Open Goal Podcast

I do feel that woke has been used in the pejorative just enough times here to merit a reminder of the definition of woke.....

aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

And thus, it follows logically that anyone who uses "woke" in an attempt to slander, is a fucking idiot/probable Tory, and that they, and their favoured choice of podcast should be ignored by right thinking society. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I do feel that woke has been used in the pejorative just enough times here to merit a reminder of the definition of woke.....

aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

And thus, it follows logically that anyone who uses "woke" in an attempt to slander, is a fucking idiot/probable Tory, and that they, and their favoured choice of podcast should be ignored by right thinking society. 

Woke

•  
  •  
When this term became popularized, initially the meaning of this term was when an individual become more aware of the social injustice. Or basically, any current affairs related like biased, discrimination, or double-standards.

However, as time passed by, people started using this term recklessly, assigning this term to themselves or someone they know to boost their confidence and reassure them that they have the moral high grounds and are fighting for the better world. And sometimes even using it as a way to protect themselves from other people's opinion, by considering the 'outsider' as non-woke. While people that are in line with their belief as woke. Meaning that those 'outsiders' have been brainwash by the society and couldn't see the truth. Thus, filtering everything that the 'outsider' gives regardless whether it is rationale or not.

And as of now, the original meaning is slowly fading and instead, is used more often to term someone as hypocritical and think they are the 'enlightened' despite the fact that they are extremely close-minded and are unable to accept other people's criticism or different perspective. Especially considering the existence of echo chamber(media) that helped them to find other like-minded individuals, thus, further solidifying their 'progressive' opinion.

and might say something like

"And thus, it follows logically that anyone who uses "woke" in an attempt to slander, is a fucking idiot/probable Tory, and that they, and their favoured choice of podcast should be ignored by right thinking society. "
Edited by Arab_R_us

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CraigFowler said:

This has been some read 😁

😀 I'm very much aware of where im posting and its stirred up a bit of a hornets nest, didnt meant to btw my original question was genuinely why Open Goal didnt have a forum considering how popular it is.

Is everyone on here against me  Yes.  do i give a f**k ?   No  😀

Edited by Arab_R_us

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I listen to both OpenGoal and The Terrace and enjoy doing so. You know what you're getting from each podcast as well and it's just a part of my week.

I'm the same, both have their place in Scottish Football. 

6 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

So 9 pages in we've reach the conclusion that both OG and AVFTT have their place, and feel free to listen to whatever takes your fancy?

That was a swell read. 

"was wondering why its dosnt have its own section in P&B like the terrace and a few others ?"

My Original question

"Because it’s for fucking cretins."

The first reply. Kind of set the tone 😀

Defo 100% Snobbery by the majority on here with regard to Open Goal, think thats fair to say ?

5 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

"was wondering why its dosnt have its own section in P&B like the terrace and a few others ?"

My Original question

Defo 100% Snobbery by the majority on here with regard to Open Goal, think thats fair to say ?

As I said way back then, if they ask then I'm sure something could be arranged.

I liked The Simpsons about 25/30 years ago and still enjoy the proper old ones when I see them. I have to be honest, I find the whole Simpsons meme thing from those a bit younger than me to be tiresome, and have a sense of "leave my childhood alone" about it.

However, I am fully aware that the only response to that is

image.jpeg.b8eb86b516c0b4998c9836f0f1e12586.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

Is it snobbery to think it shite? That just an opinion based on personal tastes surely. 

1 minute ago, John MacLean said:

Or at the very least a patreon Pod. 

Only Comment i can remember from fowler about open goal was when he said about Kyle "Never meet your heroes" or something like that. dont think he approves.

He would want their subscribers thou

18 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

My Original question

Just for what it’s worth, the person who linked being a cretin with social class was you, so that’s something for you to think about.