Financial Concerns & Restraints.

15 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

I’m sure the South League don’t want/like them as their application was turned down the last time they applied.

That's in the past and not sure how much of that was due to a rushed application after the original Gretna went bust.

Gretna 2008 would be relegated to the South. They also joined the Southern Counties FA this season.

1 hour ago, annan4eva said:

If Gretna finish bottom is SOS League automatic, or have they another option to consider? 

Pretty certain they will join the SOS.

Have read on West forum last year that if Gretna wanted to join WOS or EOS, they would have to apply and enter at bottom tier. 

So south it is, not wishing relegation on them but any additions to our league is a positive.

Might even have Stranraer joining in a few seasons.

59 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Pretty certain they will join the SOS.

Have read on West forum last year that if Gretna wanted to join WOS or EOS, they would have to apply and enter at bottom tier. 

So south it is, not wishing relegation on them but any additions to our league is a positive.

Might even have Stranraer joining in a few seasons.

Gretna appear to be working hard with youth development, the SOS League is the best place to go for me. At least Stranraer are in the League, surely a team from Annan and QOS. Would also add to it and enhance interest  development?

41 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Gretna appear to be working hard with youth development, the SOS League is the best place to go for me. At least Stranraer are in the League, surely a team from Annan and QOS. Would also add to it and enhance interest  development?

I hear Gretna will possibly have a development team soon, hard witnessed the success of both Lochar and Threave at this level.

Annan entered the WOS development last season but didn't start the season, can't recall if any reason was given. Each SPFL club need to decide what is best for them going forward; a development team, reserve or nothing at all.

Eastern teams do have a bit more of an option, don't think it would be viable for Stranraer to have a development team on the WOS.

24 minutes ago, Spyro said:

The SoS needs a Workington vs Whitehaven Derby. I'm in! 

Go and finish your Buckie with the Falkirk players. 

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

The SoS needs a Workington vs Whitehaven Derby. I'm in! 

Saints v Workington, that would be a good day out in a boat!

Abbey Vale v Silloth, only 15 miles as the crow flies, closer than most of there matches.

18 minutes ago, Sermani said:

Saints v Workington, that would be a good day out in a boat!

Abbey Vale v Silloth, only 15 miles as the crow flies, closer than most of there matches.

That's the spirit! 🚢

Seriously though, I've nothing against the SoS. They've been about forever and never caused any hassle, even when they got dropped a tier to make way for the LL. Funny hearing an Annan fan defending the league when they chose to play in the EoS for years though 

35 minutes ago, Spyro said:

That's the spirit! 🚢

Seriously though, I've nothing against the SoS. They've been about forever and never caused any hassle, even when they got dropped a tier to make way for the LL. Funny hearing an Annan fan defending the league when they chose to play in the EoS for years though 

Way back in time, Annan used to play in the Carlisle league, must have joined the South League late 70's. More leagues than Threave Rovers!

8 hours ago, the philosopher said:

All about progression and what's best for your club.

Threave and Dalbeattie were quick to follow Annan East.

Annan need to have more than 1 team playing every Saturday to progress IMO. No local lads are getting a chance to move from youth, and any showing any promise need to move away with the present set up.