what's your Opinion on every spfl club

Because they're 'rivals' to Motherwell, I would much rather have Accies or especially Airdrie in the top-flight as well as us.

I dislike the OF for obvious reasons though living abroad and having much less to do with their shite in person means I don't really hate them any more.

For historic reasons I particularly enjoy beating Hearts anywhere, while wins over Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee United away from home are always a bit more special than the rest.

Everyone else is basically interchangeable though can go up and down on circumstances. Aberdeen failing after pinching our managers was amusing, I'm pleased Lasley and Robinson are doing well at St Mirren etc.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Are we drawing conclusions on fan bases based on personal experience now? Because that could be fun. 

I did enjoy that.

"I've met some of this club's fans who don't go to games, so I suppose they must all be like that, while the fans of another club that I haven't met must definitely not be like that".

The internet is wonderful.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I did enjoy that.

"I've met some of this club's fans who don't go to games, so I suppose they must all be like that, while the fans of another club that I haven't met must definitely not be like that".

The internet is wonderful.

Some paraphrasing here. I even did stress my opinion was skewed as well but Aberdeen is a one club city so you're going to come across quite a lot if you live and work there especially in a vastly male dominated industry. But as I said it was just personal experience that had mirrored someone elses. 

Edited by gannonball

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Some paraphrasing here. I even did stress my opinion was skewed as well but Aberdeen is a one club city so you're going to come across quite a lot if you live and work there especially in a vastly male dominated industry.

Sure. But the observations could apply to any football club.

If you live in Lanarkshire, I don't doubt you'll bump into plenty of people who self-identify as Motherwell or Hamilton fans but who rarely go to games.

I don't see why you'd think this is something unique to any particular club. Where I live you'll meet loads of people who are Leicester fans but never go.

It's just what football clubs are.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 05/05/2024 at 14:46, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Is it a concern to Dundee fans that only around 5k bothered to turn up to the biggest game they’ve had in years, whereas across the road they had almost 12k on Friday night? It seems strange to me, given they’re a bigger club?

Not particularly.  We all know their average attendances are a bit higher and you can't really compare a trophy presentation game with a run of the mill one, however important.  When we won the league against Dumbarton in 13/14, there were over 10k home fans with many more unable to get tickets.

Unfortunately, I do fear that another 30 years of no particular success would see our crowds slide further as the older generation kick the bucket.

In terms of overall competitiveness and match attendances, I think next season promises be the best since the most recent league restructuring. 

Dundee United replacing Livingston is certainly a bonus, and even more so if Partick Thistle were to return at the expense of Ross County or St Johnstone.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

The supposed “3rd biggest club in the country” that was relegated twice in less than 10 years :lol:

If this thread has taught us anything, it's that recent data can be ignored as suits individual viewpoints.

Thus, neither happened.

Edited by lennyzer0

On 29/03/2024 at 13:21, MazzyStar said:

THE definitive list IMG_2548.jpeg.505d717b0723211d1db451caa83caa51.jpeg

You don’t happen to work at the Lyon Court?

As someone definitely doesn’t like Airdrie there, as the badge used here was banned-

This badge featured a cockerel sitting atop a shield containing two lions passant and the club's initials. The club were informed by the Lord Lyon King of Arms in March 2015 that as their badge features a shield, it constitutes a heraldic device, and heraldic devices are not permitted to carry lettering.

As looking at there are definitely a few others that should also have been banned.

On 10/05/2024 at 10:08, Wilbur said:

In terms of overall competitiveness and match attendances, I think next season promises be the best since the most recent league restructuring. 

Dundee United replacing Livingston is certainly a bonus, and even more so if Partick Thistle were to return at the expense of Ross County or St Johnstone.

Maybe.  The quality of the top league this season is fairly shite.

Hearts might end with 70 points but I doubt they would have even been top 4 in 2013/14 or 2017/18