what's your Opinion on every spfl club

30 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Literally every achievement Dundee have ever had has been bettered by Dundee United 

27 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Regards success United are bigger.

I really don't know how to explain this any clearer.

We both have exactly the same Major honours, the only measurement of success.

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Clearly we really need a full, ordered list of Scotland's biggest clubs so the perennial second tier fans can have a sensible, rational discussion about not being placed higher due to their massive travelling support/their great-great-grandpa seeing them lift a trophy after making it back from The Great War.

At the very least an independent body should be set up to establish a clear set of criteria and order of importance to measure ‘my club is bigger than yours’.

Longer term I’d like to see a government initiative to develop a formula or balanced scorecard to settle this debate once and for all. The people deserve to know. 

Over the full course of both clubs histories Dundee have been on top for longer by every measure.

We are in the midst of a slight blip where Utd have been on top for a brief (in club history terms) spell.

The reality is both clubs are extremely similarly sized overall - as reflected in almost every measure apart from employment of sex offenders where Utd are ahead and should hopefully remain there. 

5 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Over the full course of both clubs histories Dundee have been on top for longer by every measure.

We are in the midst of a slight blip where Utd have been on top for a brief (in club history terms) spell.

The reality is both clubs are extremely similarly sized overall - as reflected in almost every measure apart from employment of sex offenders where Utd are ahead and should hopefully remain there. 

Leigh Griffiths has entered the chat.

Spoiler

I know he was never charged with anything, but just getting in before the rest do.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Leigh Griffiths has entered the chat.

Hide contents

I know he was never charged with anything, but just getting in before the rest do.

I’d like to use the “recent memory” argument that a lot of fans want to utilise in this debate please and thanks ❤️

Just out of curiosity, here is the all time top flight table (adjusted so all wins get three points)...

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/sco-premiership/

We could do with St Johnstone getting relegated before too long if we are to hold on to that coveted 14th spot.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

16 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Just out of curiosity, here is the all time top flight table (adjusted so all wins get three points)...

We could do with St Johnstone getting relegated before too long if we are to hold on to that coveted 14th spot.

Surely thats not right! Where are Rangers 2012?

56 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

It's a relief that this brief period of Queen's Park not being Scotland's top club appears to be gradually coming to an end.

35 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

We're coming for you, Borrowstounness!

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Clearly we really need a full, ordered list of Scotland's biggest clubs so the perennial second tier fans can have a sensible, rational discussion about not being placed higher due to their massive travelling support/their great-great-grandpa seeing them lift a trophy after making it back from The Great War.

Here's the objective list

image.thumb.png.93f58eabe3eeefa3209d668cddd97e96.png

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Honours won during the alcoholic, chain smoking plumber era 

Dundee were the bigger club when they were playing with the ball below & they talked about ‘inside left’ & ‘left half’ as positions & played about 8 strikers. It’s basically a different sport. Haven’t won the big cup since 1900 odd either. 

IMG_6634.jpeg.d264a1d7b2837b0153196d1892685bc9.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

40 years ago aye? So that accounts for all the 50-60 year olds in their support.

What about all the younger ones? In my Tayside wanderings for work and leisure, the average age of a DU fan is not noticeably older than a Dee. 

That's the point I'm trying to make mate. 

The younger utd fans only support them because their dad's/grandads swapped the team they support.  I can honestly say that is something I'd never do. 

Maybe I'm old fashioned but your team ( should be your local team ) should be passed down from generation to generation to generation. 

In other words ' it's in your blood '

Dundee are historically the biggest club in Dundee.   Now that they are an established top flight side again and the Arabs are kicking about the seasides that will become further evident. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Bizarre, two different Airdries but only one Rangers.

If the Rangers teams are counted separately, Original Rangers would still be second miles behind Celtic and miles ahead of Hearts. Bjorn Again Rangers would be 25th between Dumbarton and ICT.

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I really don't know how to explain this any clearer.

We both have exactly the same Major honours, the only measurement of success.

Both got to the semi finals of the European Cup !.

Utd the better in Europe overall though ?!

1 hour ago, Derryboy62 said:

That's the point I'm trying to make mate. 

The younger utd fans only support them because their dad's/grandads swapped the team they support.  I can honestly say that is something I'd never do. 

Maybe I'm old fashioned but your team ( should be your local team ) should be passed down from generation to generation to generation. 

In other words ' it's in your blood '

My dad and uncle wanted to support Celtic, as their maternal uncles did (Grampa Army wasn't a fitba fan) but their gran wouldn't let young Pater Army anywhere near the Tattie Bowl due to the potential for trouble.

Obviously I'm glad that they didn't follow your advice as I'd be a horrible nast Celtic fan.

Spoiler

And celebrated winning leagues, cups and enjoyed European adventures and a much better songbook than our lot. FFS da.