what's your Opinion on every spfl club

53 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

What anyone "thinks" stands for absolutely nothing when it comes to comparing football clubs, particularly when you find out what you "think" bears absolutely no resemblance to reality.

"I still think of Dundee Utd as a top 6 club". For f**k sake. 

Yes, I often think of Stenhousemuir as European champions, and Inter Milan as a Lowland League club.

Therefore, they clearly are.

15 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Not to mention the fact Dundee haven’t averaged over 7k fans since 00/01 (according to transfermarkt). United have done so in 17 seasons since then…

Dundee United have won far more honours recently and played in Europe more often (especially recently). 

Played in Europe more often yes , but Dundee are still the last club in tayside to win a tie in Europe and progress to the next round 

The main difference between Dundee and Dundee Utd is that Dundee's support is generational.  My dad, grandad, great grandad, great great grandad all supported the Dees and passed down the love that comes with that. Utd support is different in that the vast majority of their support isn't generational.  In other words we're the good guys who won't change our club for anything. 

13 hours ago, Dee Man said:

What anyone "thinks" stands for absolutely nothing when it comes to comparing football clubs, particularly when you find out what you "think" bears absolutely no resemblance to reality.

"I still think of Dundee Utd as a top 6 club". For f**k sake. 

It’s hard to relate to a fan of the “wee team” in any particular rivalry so I’m not surprised we’ve got a different opinion.

1 hour ago, Derryboy62 said:

The main difference between Dundee and Dundee Utd is that Dundee's support is generational.  My dad, grandad, great grandad, great great grandad all supported the Dees and passed down the love that comes with that. Utd support is different in that the vast majority of their support isn't generational.  In other words we're the good guys who won't change our club for anything. 

That doesn't even make sense.

Do Dundee United fans just get spawned in a lab at age 18?

Edited by Jives Miguel

3 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Have a close look at them next time you're at Tannadice and you'll realise that's more accurate than you think.

31 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

It clearly makes perfect sense if you have any brain cells. 

For the dafties out there I'll explain in dafty talk so you can understand too. 

A lot of Dundee utd fans used to support Dundee, Celtic and Rangers but jumped ship in the 80s. 

7 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

A lot of Dundee utd fans used to support Dundee, Celtic and Rangers but jumped ship in the 80s. 

They found a moral compass? Nothing to do with winning trophies!

Edited by Highlandmagar

9 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

At least Dundee United fans fully made the switch. Dundee fans just maintained their diet ***nery.

Edited by Jives Miguel

7 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

40 years ago aye? So that accounts for all the 50-60 year olds in their support.

What about all the younger ones? In my Tayside wanderings for work and leisure, the average age of a DU fan is not noticeably older than a Dee. 

Logically, we are the bigger club. I can completely understand why some people would suggest United are bigger due to recency bias in their lifetime as we've been ran by some amount of absolute charlatans that would make Rangers, Livi & any other basket case club benefactors look positively competent over the last 40 or so years.

United have been much better run than us and that shows with their now regular higher attendances and more recent accomplishments.

To coin a phrase from St Johnstone's manager, however, it looks like natural order is being restored in recent times.

Our supporter faction, Dee4Life, recently did a survey of their members and it worked out that the average member of the group was 60 years olds and lived in the city. We definitely have an ageing fanbase and have struggled until the Americans took over at least, to try and cultivate the younger generation to attend.

1 minute ago, Jives Miguel said:

Literally every achievement Dundee have ever had has been bettered by Dundee United, and more recently. 

Still to hear a single valid argument as to why Dundee would be considered the bigger club.

It depends how one looks at it.

If it's roots, tradition , original club, then Dundee are bigger.

Regards success United are bigger.

3 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

Played in Europe more often yes , but Dundee are still the last club in tayside to win a tie in Europe and progress to the next round 

Wiki shows Dundee's last Euro adventure as 2003 when you cuffed Albanians Vllaznia Shkodër to go through. Is that correct?

As regards my opinion of spfl's clubs.

Thistle- I will die a moaning old curmudgeon Jags fan. Suffered them since 1969. You think I would have learned by now.

Have time for - Dundee, Ayr, St. Mirren, Aberdeen.

Meh- Most of the rest.

Dislike - Morton, Kilmarnock, Airdrie.

Loathe Celtic

Utterly loathe Rangers.

14 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I often think of Stenhousemuir as European champions, and Inter Milan as a Lowland League club.

Therefore, they clearly are.

Those crazy European nights at Ochilview were awesome.

Clearly we really need a full, ordered list of Scotland's biggest clubs so the perennial second tier fans can have a sensible, rational discussion about not being placed higher due to their massive travelling support/their great-great-grandpa seeing them lift a trophy after making it back from The Great War.