what's your Opinion on every spfl club

7 hours ago, ConcernedReferee said:

United have won the Scottish cup twice in living memory, they've been in a European cup final and won the Scottish League, they've made more money than outgoing transfers and have a slightly higher average match-day attendance. 

As I'm sure most United supporters will happily tell you they've also got a 100% undefeated record against a certain Spanish superclub. 

Without calling in an expert on Dundonian football history I'm just cherry picking facts here but it's hard to find an argument that Dundee FC can better that. Even Lee Wilkie bailed for the tangerine half. 

Interesting to learn Ross County made the cup final. That's wild.

3 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Interesting to learn Ross County made the cup final. That's wild.

It's like learning someone was heavyweight champion of the world, but finding out their opponent was a kid in a wheelchair.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ross County fans still seething we took the fat mess Brittain without any bother, then managed to saddle them with him again while signing a far superior player with the money they gave us.

Its great to see.

In my experience, this seems to be a bigger issue for your fans than ours. Brittain would have strolled into your team swirling a kane, and you know it. 

11 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Hate St Johnstone as much as IC&T; eh?!?!?!

Absolutely. Maybe the fact we never play ICT so much these days has blurred the lines, but f**k them both.

12 hours ago, ConcernedReferee said:

United have won the Scottish cup twice in living memory, they've been in a European cup final and won the Scottish League, they've made more money than outgoing transfers and have a slightly higher average match-day attendance. 

As I'm sure most United supporters will happily tell you they've also got a 100% undefeated record against a certain Spanish superclub. 

Without calling in an expert on Dundonian football history I'm just cherry picking facts here but it's hard to find an argument that Dundee FC can better that. Even Lee Wilkie bailed for the tangerine half. 

quiet tim and eric GIF

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Dundee have exactly the same amount of major honours as United, including the top league as you point out. Therefore are not more successful than us. 

Two of your reasons is that they have made more money in out going transfer and have a slightly higher match day attendance? Fairly clutching there chief. With Dens highest attendance being 43,000 and Tannadump's being 28,000, that probably evens your flying Unicorn stats out.

Who hasn't beaten Barca? In fact Dundee were the first club from outside Spain to beat both Barcelona and Real Madrid at their home grounds. We have also got a perfect home record against AC Milan, but they are shite of course.

"I'm just cherry picking facts here but it's hard to find an argument that Dundee FC can better that."

We have won 344 more league games than United. But I won't use this fact as I see as as pretty equal over history, as these records will never change or have a time limit on.

200.gif.ead430005cc827932b06c180ec98b272.gif

Happy Dog GIF by The Academy Awards

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

It's like learning someone was heavyweight champion of the world, but finding out their opponent was a kid in a wheelchair.

Would be less farcical than most boxing matches lately, tbf.

Clubs I support: Morton

Clubs that I would gladly see suffer not only an administration, but a financial crisis of such devastating severity that it eternally eliminated the appetite of the local community to ever house a professional football club ever again: Ayr, Partick, Queen's Park, Airdire, Falkirk, Clyde, Dundee, Celtic, Rangers

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Dundee have exactly the same amount of major honours as United, including the top league as you point out. Therefore are not more successful than us. 

Two of your reasons is that they have made more money in out going transfer and have a slightly higher match day attendance? Fairly clutching there chief. With Dens highest attendance being 43,000 and Tannadump's being 28,000, that probably evens your flying Unicorn stats out.

Who hasn't beaten Barca? In fact Dundee were the first club from outside Spain to beat both Barcelona and Real Madrid at their home grounds. We have also got a perfect home record against AC Milan, but they are shite of course.

"I'm just cherry picking facts here but it's hard to find an argument that Dundee FC can better that."

We have won 344 more league games than United. But I won't use this fact as I see as as pretty equal over history, as these records will never change or have a time limit on.

200.gif.ead430005cc827932b06c180ec98b272.gif

The cope is dripping off this post HARD

I think Dundee fans are the only folk in the country who think Dundee United aren't a bigger club tbh.

5 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I think Dundee fans are the only folk in the country who think Dundee United aren't a bigger club tbh.

Yet to hear an argument that they are.

Because there isn't one.

55 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Apart from a brief period in the 80s, it's obvious that Dundee are bigger.

5 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

How about the argument that to anyone under the age of 70 Dundee have been a trophyless, yo-yo team?

No, as explained before, records don't have a time limit.

9 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

new-copium-shipment-get-your-copium-here

OK, why don't we just go back as far as 28-March-2023?

Dundee - 1 Promotion.

United - 1 Relegation.

See what I mean? It’s ridiculous to set a time limit as if nothing before has ever happened.

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Clubs I support: Morton

Clubs that I would gladly see suffer not only an administration, but a financial crisis of such devastating severity that it eternally eliminated the appetite of the local community to ever house a professional football club ever again: Ayr, Partick, Queen's Park, Airdire, Falkirk, Clyde, Dundee, Celtic, Rangers

This bait reminded me of your eye-bleeding Partick Thistle Liquidation / Gravedancing thread which brought quite a few of your fellow roasters crawling out of the woodwork.

I hope you enjoyed your team's multiple beatings from the still very much operational and unliquidated Jags this season.

Edited by VictorOnopko

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

How about the argument that to anyone under the age of 70 Dundee have been a trophyless, yo-yo team?

Someone who's now 70 could quite conceivably have played in the Dundee side that last won the League Cup.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ross County fans still seething we took the fat mess Brittain without any bother, then managed to saddle them with him again while signing a far superior player with the money they gave us.

Its great to see.

Wotherspoon?

5 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Agree with you here. Dundee might be the bigger club to pensioners but it’s been 50 years since they’ve won anything, so realistically you’d have to around 60 to even remember a cup win. They’ve spent most of the last two decades in the Championship/First Division & have a smaller fanbase nowadays than United as well (United have a higher average attendance despite being in a lower tier this season). In my lifetime Dundee United have always been a pretty solid team, winning trophies, reaching cup finals, playing in Europe etc. 

Perhaps historically Dundee were bigger, but it’s not the case anymore. It’s like arguing Queens Park are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland because they won loads of trophies outwith most people’s living memory.

59 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Agree with you here. Dundee might be the bigger club to pensioners but it’s been 50 years since they’ve won anything, so realistically you’d have to around 60 to even remember a cup win. They’ve spent most of the last two decades in the Championship/First Division & have a smaller fanbase nowadays than United as well (United have a higher average attendance despite being in a lower tier this season). In my lifetime Dundee United have always been a pretty solid team, winning trophies, reaching cup finals, playing in Europe etc. 

Perhaps historically Dundee were bigger, but it’s not the case anymore. It’s like arguing Queens Park are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland because they won loads of trophies outwith most people’s living memory.

Ah the Perth chat with time limits.

So it depends your age on how you determine how big a club are? Gotcha.

"They’ve spent most of the last two decades in the Championship/First Division"

I understand you want to have a pop with it being your big derby week, but stop telling lies min.

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Yet to hear an argument that they are.

Because there isn't one.

More recently successful would be my one.

I can’t be bothered going to check the major trophies won but it’s like saying Queens Park are a huge club because they won a number of Scottish Cups back in the day.

Dundee have pretty much been a joke club for my entire period watching Scottish football (1993-now).

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Ah the Perth chat with time limits.

So it depends your age on how you determine how big a club are? Gotcha.

"They’ve spent most of the last two decades in the Championship/First Division"

I understand you want to have a pop with it being your big derby week, but stop telling lies min.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

More recently successful would be my one.

I can’t be bothered going to check the major trophies won but it’s like saying Queens Park are a huge club because they won a number of Scottish Cups back in the day.

Dundee have pretty much been a joke club for my entire period watching Scottish football (1993-now).