Scotland Vs Northern Ireland

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Aye, but this is true for just about any Scottish based player. In this very argument, except for some exceptions like your good self, it’s Hearts and Ayr fans defending him the most, then Morton, Hibs, Dundee and Killie fans berating him the most. Spot the club allegiances.

There isn’t really anything to berate him for tonight either, so some pretty blatant bias on show there - I said it after the Netherlands game but it’s tragic behaviour. He got thirteen minutes to try and turn things around. 

Writing off Adams is just about as bad though. 

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

Superb night……not! 😡😡😡

IMG_1680.jpeg

Normally I'd want to cut off that feather, but given the eye bleeding fare on offer I be swapping that hat with a full Indian head dress.

18 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Travelled 5 hours up from England to Hampden to watch that. Hotel costs, food, 2 days off work and 5 hours back tomorrow.

Absolutely fucking grim. Only a friendly but very worrying and one of my lowest points as a Scotland fan in recent years 

I go to all the competitive home games but rarely any friendlies. The stats don’t lie. Apparently we have won only 2 of 19 friendlies yet we have won 15 out of 19 competitive games. 

Clarke has not got many other options but he is overly loyal to a small group of players and it shows. I am not saying he should have got the begging bowl out to the likes of Harvey Barnes but make a fuckin effort. My understanding is he said he knows where we are if he is interested. I mean come on. He is too stubborn

Wales losing has cheered me up. Only cause the jammy sods somehow managed to get 4 home play offs in a row. That plus I had a few Bob on Poland to win the tie. When all is said and done I would rather lose to N Ireland and be going to the Euros. Even if it is starting to look like a daunting prospect based on recent form 😫

Edited by welldaft

23 minutes ago, Hamish118 said:

Scotland need players who can do it all. 2 Centre half's short. Good centre forward. Wingers to change games. But when they lose a baller like C Mcgregor to control tempo it all goes wrong. Unappreciated but a heartbeat.

We have no creative players

What's another defensive midfielder got to do with that 

Everyone I want the best for Scotland in the next Euros I'm convinced back 3 after tonight waste of a man and time. Go to back four. If fit Right back Hickey Left back Roberson Left centre back Tierney Right centre back no one is impressing curve ball Welsh won't happen but can play from back. U21 captain. Mcgregor Gilmour sit in front McGinn Left Mctominey Centre.  Ferguson right evey one energy interchangeable. Shankland up front goalscorer. Simples back three waste of time let's get our best players on the park control the ball and get aggressive 

12 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Even if we weren'ton this bad run, expecting to get out of the group we are in is a big ask. We,are the weakest in the group.

Disagree. Hungary are a good unit who have had some good results in recent years, but I refuse to look at their squad and think that, other than Szoboszlai, we aren't better than them in every other position. They also had a joke of a qualifying group.

Switzerland are a seasoned outfit at tournaments, but we should be more than capable of going toe to toe with them.

A good team would beat Hungary and at least draw with Switzerland, which would be enough to qualify with a bit to spare. We'll see what happens.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What a state to get yourself into over a friendly practice game. Yes shite performance and result but it was meaningless in the grand scheme of things. We have gone into tournaments in great form before and failed miserably,  it means nothing come June.

Let's hope so...

Just now, Elixir said:

Disagree. Hungary are a good unit who have had some good results in recent years, but I refuse to look at their squad and think that, other than Szoboszlai, we aren't better than them in every other position. They also had a joke of a qualifying group.

Switzerland are a seasoned outfit at tournaments, but we should be more than capable of going toe to toe with them.

A good team would beat Hungary and at least draw with Switzerland, which would be enough to qualify with a bit to spare. We'll see what happens.

Delusional 

Gutless, clueless,  useless,  passive, no drive, no penetration, no pressing,  no imagination,  no idea. Played ourselves to sleep with constant safe and at times embarrassing lack of courage on the ball

Can't remember ever leaving a Scotland game early,  at least avoided the traffic . 

Total mystery how we play Holland off the park for 70 minutes then turn in this pish.

Whatever the reason, must be identified and sorted. Paying good money to go to Germany,  demanding much much better. 

Last point wtf was that imposter MacPhee doing warming up starting  back 4 before game with running with ball in hand towards players for them to touch with hand , he retreats and repeats with next player.  Utterly bizarre and like a pre school nursery game gone wrong .

Just got back home.

That was the worst game I’ve watched since the last time we played Northern Ireland. It was also fucking freezing, also like the last time we played Northern Ireland. I am sensing a pattern and I hope we learnt our lesson which is to never play those boring c***s again. 

Well if we are going to have a shit patch, then I don’t mind it being now, as long as we can get out of soon, at least in time for Germany.

I didn’t think we were awful but when we had the ball at the back, the movement from the forward players was poor, more than once Tierney, Gilmour, Patterson etc had the ball and no real options. 

N Ireland tackles were shocking and I hope Robertson isn’t as badly injured as he looked.

25 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Aye, but this is true for just about any Scottish based player. In this very argument, except for some exceptions like your good self, it’s Hearts and Ayr fans defending him the most, then Morton, Hibs, Dundee and Killie fans berating him the most. Spot the club allegiances.

By that logic, I should be championing Dykes.  However, I reckon he's hopeless.

20 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Really? You obviously didn't watch the game tonight or see/ hear the pundits.

Adams and Dykes are yesterday's men.

Che Adams is younger than Shankland and away to sign for Wolves.

“Yesterdays man”

7 minutes ago, Hamish118 said:

Everyone I want the best for Scotland in the next Euros I'm convinced back 3 after tonight waste of a man and time. Go to back four. If fit Right back Hickey Left back Roberson Left centre back Tierney Right centre back no one is impressing curve ball Welsh won't happen but can play from back. U21 captain. Mcgregor Gilmour sit in front McGinn Left Mctominey Centre.  Ferguson right evey one energy interchangeable. Shankland up front goalscorer. Simples back three waste of time let's get our best players on the park control the ball and get aggressive 

If you watch international football it is a very strange time we ate living in. Players are on mega money with Club's. Really is a chance with good organisation and commitment to upset any team in international football with organisation commitment and tactics. I believe if u r committed and organised with a plan anything is possible. Let's do it!!@ Euros