🔵⚪ Greenock Morton vs Queen's Park ⚫⚪

Ferrie is lucky to have avoided red cards against us last time at Hampden and again today. And he’s flung yet another one in after QP fans shouting about how he’s the best keeper in the championship. Do they think every other keeper in the division does this stuff regularly? Spoiler - they don’t. 

Delighted with a win that was not only important but comprehensively deserved. Bearne was fantastic as was Waters, and Broadfoot, French and Muirhead were all under question but performed well. 

The ref compounded his performance by refusing us a clear cut penalty. Standing behind the goal I could see not only how clear the foul was, but how clear his view of it was. A despicable performance. 

Well in command of the game but made heavy weather of it. Bearne was our best player and I'm so glad he took his chance as he's been waiting a long time.

Can't remember Mullen making any save of note and overall we defended well when needed.

Great header from Broadfoot and Big Robbie's strike was too powerful to hold by Ferrie.

Great to get back to winning ways again. We're still very much in the mix and that 4th spot is all to play for!  

6 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Shithouse FC doing what they do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thought we got dragged into it a bit today and took the easy long ball option too many times, we were miles better when we actually passed it about a bit. 

Complete and utter shite :lol:

Cal Ferrie was the only one “shitehousing” things - going down with a life threatening head injury for non-contact from Bearne, straight up to get in his face then back down again to make sure the ref fell for the booking. Karma got him in the end, the flapping mess that he is. 

4 clean sheets against your lot this season - cheers! 

Deserved that. Bearne the best player on the park, delighted to see him take his chance and hopefully keep himself in the team for a while. 

Calum Ferrie, oh dear! Terrible shame that. 

:lol: 

20 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Thought we got dragged into it a bit today and took the easy long ball option too many times, we were miles better when we actually passed it about a bit. 

You must’ve missed Quitongo and Bearne being kicked up and down the park, Ferrie and Paton being more interested in fighting their opponents than playing football, and Longridge losing his mind at the fans and ref for being told to take a throw in where the ball actually went out 😂

One team was visibly showing their frustration at being outplayed, and it wasn’t the home side. 

40 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Shithouse FC....One question when is the the last time you beat us back in yer box.

On 27/03/2024 at 13:28, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Going on current form it's a win for QP, but going on the recent history of the fixture it's a win for Morton. Normally I would maybe hope for an away draw.  It's a difficult one to call but, like supporters of both teams I'm sure, I want a win.

Just out of interest, what does “recent history” constitute with this fixture, given that it’s now 62 years since Queen’s Park last beat Morton in a league match?

53 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Bless your salty tears and Callum 'Cal' Ferrie.🤣

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Shut up ya fud 

We were pish today, worst performance under Davidson by a distance. One good chance with McLeish poking that 1v1 wide and aside from that we did nothing upfront. 

Got to hope Thomas won't be out multiple weeks and that Thomsons injury isn't serious after going off at half time today. I can only assume that Ferries attempt at saving the free-kick was a direct result of the serious concussion suffered in the first half, that also had him unable to decide if scrapping or selling the injury was the right decision so he did neither convincingly.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

We were pish today, worst performance under Davidson by a distance. One good chance with McLeish poking that 1v1 wide and aside from that we did nothing upfront. 

Got to hope Thomas won't be out multiple weeks and that Thomsons injury isn't serious after going off at half time today. I can only assume that Ferries attempt at saving the free-kick was a direct result of the serious concussion suffered in the first half, that also had him unable to decide if scrapping or selling the injury was the right decision so he did neither convincingly.

Ha ha serious concussion shut it ya tube.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Ha ha serious concussion shut it ya tube.

Sorry I thought it was obvious that I was joking. Seems more than one of you need that actually spelled out for you.

Can't make fun of Calum Ferrie, can't think he's a good goalkeeper. What can we do with him...

Edited by Dave

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Sorry I thought it was obvious that I was joking. Seems more than one of you need that actually spelled out for you.

Can't make fun of Calum Ferries, can't think he's a good goalkeeper. What can we do with him...

Fair do's I take it back I have seen your goalie a few time he couldn't lace Mullen's boots by far a better goalie.