🔵⚪ Greenock Morton vs Queen's Park ⚫⚪

12 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

That was a good pub lunch wasted by turning up something pretending to be a football match.

Shite uncomfortable stadium.

Shite pitch.

Horrible opponents (as usual).

We were utter shite.

Waste of a good afternoon.

We always go the extra mile to make it "a special day" for you guys.

40 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

That was a good pub lunch wasted by turning up something pretending to be a football match.

Shite pitch.

We were utter shite.

Good pub lunch in Greenock? Steady on.

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I am. Shocking.

If we survive to fight another year in the Championship next year, that is exactly the kind of basic stuff that needs to be cut out.  To have two experienced defenders in a back three, one out muscled and the other miles away in no-man's land allowing two opposition players a free header is criminal.  

Often in L1 and even more so this season, we are mostly, our own worst enemy at times.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

1) "His peers" are Scottish Championship football players/Herbalife reps. A constituency whose members are, generally speaking, thicker than a whale omelette and in which Simon 'Si' Ferry is held up as a great thinking man of the game. 

So their judgment can be safely filed in the bin where it belongs. 

2) Lauded by Queens' Park fans - well, see above points too really. 

The evidence is plain for anyone else to see: he's a total haddy. Thanks for playing anyway.

IMG_20240228_202524.thumb.jpg.1bf692807090b064a0fdac0cc320feb8.jpg

"Footballers are pure stupid hahaha and so are your fans lol" isn't even entry-level trolling.

7 hours ago, Scosha said:

GMP_Q29tcHJlc3NHSDAx_4.gif.9d85e5e1081ce4d118f28b7494dbf191.gif

GMP_Q29tcHJlc3NHSDAx_4.gif.aba2246c1ec59af7f7f37d391428a02c.gif

7AC1B947-F243-4199-B17E-3153E7CEEE6B.gif

"Here are a series of GIFs showing Calum Ferrie's catastrophic howlers against Morton at Cappielow; that'll definitely refute the argument that he only makes these catastrophic howlers against Morton at Cappielow.

I am very smart."

7 hours ago, Chicken Soup said:

Doubling down, bravo. More baffling must be QP fans wondering why they keep conceding soft goals and losing points despite having such an obviously outstanding keeper.

Hopefully Davidson is as deluded as your fans and persists with him. Most supporters wouldn’t be happy to accept errors of that regularity (and hilarity), but I’m truly glad your lot are well beyond that and in fact delighted to have him. 

Not "doubling down", no: simply pointing out that you're wrong. We did (formerly) concede soft goals & lose points because we were defensively & tactically inept, and our "obviously outstanding keeper" has genuinely saved us from some absolute tankings.

Don't think I've ever in my life encountered fans so unwilling to accept that their assessment of a player's abilities – based on seeing them at their absolute worst, literally twice a season – might not be quite as well-informed as that of people (fans, other players) who see a guy play numerous times over the course.

So weird.

27 minutes ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

Not "doubling down", no: simply pointing out that you're wrong. We did (formerly) concede soft goals & lose points because we were defensively & tactically inept, and our "obviously outstanding keeper" has genuinely saved us from some absolute tankings.

Don't think I've ever in my life encountered fans so unwilling to accept that their assessment of a player's abilities – based on seeing them at their absolute worst, literally twice a season – might not be quite as well-informed as that of people (fans, other players) who see a guy play numerous times over the course.

So weird.

Brilliant strikers miss sitters and brilliant goalies make mistakes, however the nature of Ferries' mistakes at Cappielow certainly suggest that he is not destined to be a great keeper. However he is still relatively young and as you rightly point out we've seen him on fairly few occasions. On the basis of his generosity to us I wish him well.

Edited by Mr Toon
Typo

1 hour ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

So weird.

From a Morton perspective you have to realize that in the 8 games we have faced each other over the last 2 seasons, Ferrie has had what would be marked as poor games in 7 of them, barring the most recent game at Hampden where he did in fact save you from an absolute hiding. although the season isn't over, Only Arbroath and Ayr have a worse defensive record than yourselves, and last season only Cove and Hamilton conceded more goals. A lot can be said for the line in front of the GK but ultimately big questions get asked of the man between the sticks.  

Edited by Pedro1874
Spelling

1 hour ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

So weird.

Great, enjoy your substandard goalkeeper, and your completely unrelated relegation battle…

And I’ll continue to enjoy supporting a club where, if a goalkeeper made such comical errors on such a regular basis, they would be rightly hounded back down to league 2. 

All the best. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Soup said:

Great, enjoy your substandard goalkeeper, and your completely unrelated relegation battle…

Jesus, a statement thicker than chicken soup.  Whatever his strengths and weaknesses are you really need to give your head a wobble.

20 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Shite pitch.

We were utter shite.

Hawd on a minute. 

A Queens Park slagging another teams stadium?🤣. Have you seen the nick of lesser hampden? Your club has made such a rip roaring c**t of it that they have to play games in a soulless hampden infront of 500 home fans if you're lucky. That's including the free tickets to local schools and kids football teams.

4 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Hawd on a minute. 

A Queens Park slagging another teams stadium?🤣. Have you seen the nick of lesser hampden? Your club has made such a rip roaring c**t of it that they have to play games in a soulless hampden infront of 500 home fans if you're lucky. That's including the free tickets to local schools and kids football teams.

The fact that our stadium isn't fit for purpose doesn't make yours any better.

3 lowest home gates Arbroath 916 (at City Stadium), Arbroath 1073 and Morton 1079 at Hampden.

3 highest home gates Partick 3001 and 2894 with D Utd 2536.

So you managed to bring 6 more fans than ICT! Possibly. 

7 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

The fact that our stadium isn't fit for purpose doesn't make yours any better.

3 lowest home gates Arbroath 916 (at City Stadium), Arbroath 1073 and Morton 1079 at Hampden.

3 highest home gates Partick 3001 and 2894 with D Utd 2536.

So you managed to bring 6 more fans than ICT! Possibly. 

A great point if you ignore the fact the gate was more than double that when there wasn't flooding shutting down literally every means of public transport and main road out of Greenock. 

13 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

A great point if you ignore the fact the gate was more than double that when there wasn't flooding shutting down literally every means of public transport and main road out of Greenock. 

Even God is trying to cut you off

6 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Hawd on a minute. 

We've got the run of two nice modern stadiums so thanks but you can keep your excuse for a cowshed pal. Averaging a home gate of about 1800, just a wee bit less than you and up from a 1000 last year. Not bad progress given there are 3 other teams in the city.

33 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

We've got the run of two nice modern stadiums so thanks but you can keep your excuse for a cowshed pal. Averaging a home gate of about 1800, just a wee bit less than you and up from a 1000 last year. Not bad progress given there are 3 other teams in the city.

Surely this is a minority opinion? Watching QP games at Hampden is absolutely soul destroying. I’d be shocked if most QP fans aren’t aspiring to one day have a proper stadium to enjoy.