Good Friday

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

I rhought it was Monday? Rolling away the stone and all that, 

I'm not an expert theologist but i thought that Sunday was jesus "turning" and escaping from his cave to terrify the villagers and Monday was zombie Jesus floating up to space? 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm not an expert theologist but i thought that Sunday was jesus "turning" and escaping from his cave to terrify the villagers and Monday was zombie Jesus floating up to space? 

Could be.

Wiki - Easter Monday

Spoiler

What happens during Easter Monday?
It marks the beginning of Easter Week (Roman Catholic) / Bright Week (Eastern Orthodox). Different cultures observe Easter Monday very differently. For some, Easter Monday is a solemn remembrance of Christ's death and resurrection marked by an outdoor procession. For others, there are Easter egg-rolling competitions.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

I'm choosing to work Monday, boss off, Englandshire shut, decent quiet day in the office and I can take the day off when I actually have something to do myself. Bar the Christmas and New Year tend to do that with most of the public holidays, take the days off when I want.

Why do England and Wales shut down at Easter like it's Christmas?

Do they eat so much chocolate and hot cross buns that they can't move. Seems strange compared to here where Easter is just another weekend.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Do they eat so much chocolate and hot cross buns that they can't move. Seems strange compared to here where Easter is just another weekend.

Easter is more important to churches. 

Christmas has better food. 

Although the white chocolate lindt bunny i had last week was almost as good as Christmas cake or lebuchken. Almost. 

Remember going to Dublin for Easter in the late 80s and everything was shut on good Friday 🤣tbf the pubs on leeson Street did open at a minute past midnight 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

It'll be ascension day you'll be thinking about and he hung about for forty days, hence the phrase stinking to high heaven 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Easter is a much bigger Christian holiday than Christmas. Assuming that’s where it originates from.