⚫️⚪️The Pars vs The Jags🔴🟡 - 6th April 2024

On 03/04/2024 at 15:33, par-adise said:

If Brian Graham scores in this he'll have scored in all four matches between us this season. Off the top of my head I can't remember anyone else doing that for or against us.

Right pain the ar*e so he is. 

Sam Stanton has done it this season hasn’t he?

On 03/04/2024 at 21:10, Fuctifano said:

Last two Thistle players -I think, only checked the obvious ones- to score against a team in all 4 league games were Doolan vs Stirling Albion in 2010/11 (6 goals across the 4 games) and Alex Burns vs Motherwell in 2002/03 (5 in 4).  As said above, Graham has this game plus the Ayr game to achieve that feat.

No real interest in checking who has done it against us though Owen Coyle would be the most obvious candidate.

Did Gerry Britton not score in all four games against Rangers in 1992/93 season? Mibee not, it was long time ago.

20 minutes ago, Malcolm Tent said:

Did Gerry Britton not score in all four games against Rangers in 1992/93 season? Mibee not, it was long time ago.

I think he scored in one away game (3-1 defeat) and a 3-0 home win (our last win vs the Rangers).

9 hours ago, North West said:

Probably the biggest game of the season for us so far. It's going to be a hard game and I can't see us getting anymore than a draw out if it.

I agree. With all due respect to our upcoming opponents I think this is the trickiest game we have left this season. I’ll consider a draw a good result in this one. You never know though, maybe the Pars juggernaut will plough on and all three points will stay in Fife? 
Now we just have to hope EEP isn’t a swimming pool on Saturday. 

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We seriously need a new solution to this then of we're going to be worried about games being on every tkme there's a few days of rain. 

I suspect we will hope to get a decent summer and the pitch recovers.  If problems persist next year it looks like a new pitch job with drainage upgrades, that costs a f**k load

(If the game goes ahead tomorrow) McInroy and Diack back in the squad. Sounds like from what Doolan said that Bannigan due back next week, O'Reilly and Sneddon in a couple of weeks and outside chance of Williams back by end of season.

Think McInroy will come in for Stanway from last week if so.

11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We seriously need a new solution to this then of we're going to be worried about games being on every tkme there's a few days of rain. 

A few days of rain?! It's been unrelenting for a while now. The common grounds over by us are flooded to an extent we've never seen and all golf courses here have been closed for days and unlikely to reopen for days. I don't think there's any shame if game is off, if only to try and not completely ruin the pitch for remainder of season.