⚫️⚪️The Pars vs The Jags🔴🟡 - 6th April 2024

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a terrible result for either team.

We are now going in to 4 winnable games. I think it was important not to lose today if we are wanting 4th, but with the game in hand for Airdrie, they are firm favourites. I still say I am happy with anything, given the decimation of our squad during a really crucial part of the season. We got 2 extremely good results away to Partick and at home to United which has helped us and gave hope for 4th, but I won't be sad if we don't manage it given the issues with injuries throughout the season. 

Thought the wind favoured each team when they had it.

Think we deseved to win overall but not too downhearted with a draw. Hit the post twice and Moffat missed a golden chance near the end. Partick came close with McInroy too.

Partick are well organised, as are Pars. Good game between two decent teams.

Thought Thistle had a very strong 15-45m and there's always the worry that a one goal lead wouldn't be enough. The home team were better in the second, especially after their goal when there only looked like one team likely to score. 

The ref just looked out of his depth and when it seems like he's guessing then it encourages both sides to be a little heavy in the tackle.

My first trip to Dunfermline as a city, and despite Fife's reputation as the Ayrshire of the east, it's a nice day out. Currently enjoying a pack of dry roasted the barmaid gave me for free as they're a month out of date. 

Kinda goes without saying, but rather you made the playoffs than Airdrie. 

16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We are now going in to 4 winnable games. I think it was important not to lose today if we are wanting 4th, but with the game in hand for Airdrie, they are firm favourites. I still say I am happy with anything, given the decimation of our squad during a really crucial part of the season. We got 2 extremely good results away to Partick and at home to United which has helped us and gave hope for 4th, but I won't be sad if we don't manage it given the issues with injuries throughout the season. 

Wouldn't be upset with 5th.

In fact would be pleased given our season.

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Thought Thistle had a very strong 15-45m and there's always the worry that a one goal lead wouldn't be enough. The home team were better in the second, especially after their goal when there only looked like one team likely to score. 

The ref just looked out of his depth and when it seems like he's guessing then it encourages both sides to be a little heavy in the tackle.

My first trip to Dunfermline as a city, and despite Fife's reputation as the Ayrshire of the east, it's a nice day out. Currently enjoying a pack of dry roasted the barmaid gave me for free as they're a month out of date. 

...and you're nuts!

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wouldn't be upset with 5th.

In fact would be pleased given our season.

Agreed. I think it would be a very good achievement to finish mid-table (5th) or above with the issues we've had throughout the season. It's no surprise we are looking good and hitting form with pretty much a full squad to pick from: it is a really good squad at this level, and one I hope we can take in to next season. If we can keep Kane and add cover, I don't see why we can't be challenge at the top end. 

Said at the start of the season mid table, pushing for playoffs is a good season after promotion. Here we are. I'd actually say the season could have been far better. So I'll take where we are with the injuries we had for a large chunk.

38 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Got to agree. Dunfermline is underrated. Great place to stay.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Going by our commentary it was a very soft penalty but a draw sounded a fair result. Would’ve taken a point before kick-off so not a bad afternoon.

On Facebook, the Thistle description was something like - Kane falls over, ref awards penalty.

The ref when he played advantage for Chris Kane was weird. Kane gets past his man and makes his way to the 18 yard box, then the ref pulls the game back to the original foul?????

Some baffling stuff that I just can't understand from the officials today. Such a poor standard.

Agree with most of the above, referee well out of his depth and never seemed to be in control of the game. Some really strange decisions for both teams.

Not a lot of quality in the game and no really great saves. But we cleared 2 off the line and thistle hit the post. We hit the post twice as well. So both teams possibly wondering how they didn’t end up winning that, to an extent.

18 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

On Facebook, the Thistle description was something like - Kane falls over, ref awards penalty.

Very on brand for our social media output, that. Nothing is ever our team’s fault.

I thought it was a penalty, but it’s one of if it’s not given you can’t complain that much, it involved a bit of cute play from Kane something the ref at times seemed to want to be very strong at being against and something at others he completely brought.

I think he lost the respect of the players fairly early on and your left scrambling for the rest of the game once that happens.