Brother Beaton v Celtic: Apr 7th - 12:00

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We all know that whoever loses will be slating the officials regardless of the rights and wrongs of it.

It seems very rare these days but minimum interference from the officials is indeed possible within 90mins. 

3 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

It seems very rare these days but minimum interference from the officials is indeed possible within 90mins. 

Yeah, I'm sure that Brendan and Phillipe will agree when they're on the end of nul points.

Give me carnage.

Away wins are almost always funnier. Especially if the home team equalises late on and the away winner silences the home support mid songbook. 

Tears. Snotters. Red cards. Statements. Defensive calamities. Rodgers getting stookied by the ghost of Jimmy Bell. Tony Ralston appearing on the pitch at full time with that weird photo of Charlie having went in and nicked it from the changing room mid match.

I want carnage. And police statements. And it getting brought up in parliment. The fucking lot.

0-0.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Give me carnage.

Away wins are almost always funnier. Especially if the home team equalises late on and the away winner silences the home support mid songbook. 

Tears. Snotters. Red cards. Statements. Defensive calamities. Rodgers getting stookied by the ghost of Jimmy Bell. Tony Ralston appearing on the pitch at full time with that weird photo of Charlie having went in and nicked it from the changing room mid match.

I want carnage. And police statements. And it getting brought up in parliment. The fucking lot.

0-0.

Kind of was my thought too but hopefully the spouses and kids have been practicing their ducking techniques and avoid casualty room and dental emergencies in the aftermath. 

9 hours ago, AJF said:

Rangers heading into this one with a crucial advantage after our preferred referee has been appointed to officiate it.

Indeed.

No club should dictate the match officials.

Is it true Collum and possibly Clancy have not refereed a Rangers game since the ibrox club complained about them?

Now that is a serious issue.

Not to mention the penalty count over several seasons.

Even if there's carnage on the pitch AND off the pitch it'll be minimised in the press and the atmosphere will be praised and KMaC will tell us there are so, so many talking points after this big, big match and the fights and the vandalism and the punch drunk stewards and victims of domestic abuse will be hushed up.

But next time one wee eedjit chucks a pyro at, say, Motherwell v Ross County the Daily Record will be FEWMIN.

Couldn’t give a f**k who referees there will be controversy regardless as they are all generally awful however us having CCV, Hatate and McGregor back is a major boost and should help us

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

:lol: 

It's virtually the only game.

I’m not sure I follow.

I meant that we probably need to win this one given it’ll be a lot harder to beat Celtic after the split at Celtic Park.

Obviously, two draws in each of these matches would technically be enough if both teams win their remaining fixtures, but I don’t expect that’ll happen.

1 hour ago, Eder said:

Indeed.

No club should dictate the match officials.

Is it true Collum and possibly Clancy have not refereed a Rangers game since the ibrox club complained about them?

Now that is a serious issue.

Not to mention the penalty count over several seasons.

I think you’ve taken what I’ve said literally. And if you genuinely believe we’ve somehow got any influence that would result in the SFA appointing Beaton then Celtic fans are more far gone that I imagined.

And no, I don’t believe that is true, no.

Collum was in charge when we played Ayr in February which, obviously, came after the new year game against Celtic.

And I’m not sure when we complained about Clancy? But he has officiated 2 of our matches this season.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I think you’ve taken what I’ve said literally. And if you genuinely believe we’ve somehow got any influence that would result in the SFA appointing Beaton then Celtic fans are more far gone that I imagined.

And no, I don’t believe that is true, no.

Collum was in charge when we played Ayr in February which, obviously, came after the new year game against Celtic.

And I’m not sure when we complained about Clancy? But he has officiated 2 of our matches this season.

Beaton was always going to get one of the last two reamining league games.  Anyone thinking different don't know Scottish football or want to be offended.

Does that mean he is any good?  No. It's just what we have with no sign of any improvements anytime soon.

The standard was summed up when Bobby Madden went down south and failed miserably in the English fourth tier.

4 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Kind of was my thought too but hopefully the spouses and kids have been practicing their ducking techniques and avoid casualty room and dental emergencies in the aftermath. 

My missus is an Ayr fan so it’s more likely to be me hiding at the weekend.