Brother Beaton v Celtic: Apr 7th - 12:00

I’m not sure there can be many complaints about any decisions. Clear Goldson handball and foul in the build up to Dessers scoring.

Johnstone one also a foul. Got a touch on the ball but never really changed the direction of it in any meaningful way and caught Silva on his knee before he would’ve got to the byline.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m sorry that I have hurt you, but really, it just needs any Celtic poster to mention “VAR” in a post, and everyone knows that they mean it’s conspiracy territory.

Why would I be hurt by your lack of integrity and narrow mindedness? It’s pity I feel for you that you need to go the level of actually making something up 😂

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure there can be many complaints about any decisions. Clear Goldson handball and foul in the build up to Dessers scoring.

Johnstone one also a foul. Got a touch on the ball but never really changed the direction of it in any meaningful way and caught Silva on his knee before he would’ve got to the byline.

Jeezus. What a pathetic take.

Have you ever actually played any football? Even 5-a-sides? 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Ok so it’s possible in your opinion for VAR to be used multiple times in the same match and the referee still come to the wrong decision in some instances and not in others?

It has happened yes but today it didn't and in fact out of the 5 VAR decisions at Ibrox in OF games this season imo all 5 were eventually the correct calls

As for the ref coming to the wrong decision after looking at VAR, then the bigger concern is that two refs not one, have came to the wrong decision

So, after the revelation that celtic have had 80% of the VAR decisions at ibrox in OF games go their way, do you still not have faith in it? 

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Jeezus. What a pathetic take.

Have you ever actually played any football? Even 5-a-sides? 

Of course. The foul for our penalty and the one that disallowed Dessers goal were very similar. Both fouls.

Just because Johnstone got a touch on the ball doesn’t mean it’s not a foul if Silva is going to get the ball after his challenge.

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

He's not but he makes the team tick.

I’m not saying he isn’t important but I don’t agree with a former player Thommo on BBC Scotland radio pre match against NI saying that McGregor is the best midfielder that Scotland currently have at our disposal.

He was called out on this by the other pundits and he doubled down. 

My opinion fwiw is that CalMac is a very good player - but he certainly is not tested most weeks playing in Scotland for Celtic. 

He is very important to both Celtic and Scotland and I want to see him fit for the Germany game and beyond. 

I just disagree with Thommo that he is the BEST midfielder we have available for the Euros. 

Sorry for expressing an opinion. 

Just now, AJF said:

Of course. The foul for our penalty and the one that disallowed Dessers goal were very similar. Both fouls.

Just because Johnstone got a touch on the ball doesn’t mean it’s not a foul if Silva is going to get the ball after his challenge.

Silva was never ever getting to that ball.

Why? Because he wasn't interested in getting to it. He was interested in simulating contact.

You know that and I know that. So let's call it for what it was. Pure deception on Silva's part.

If Beaton hadn't been so quick with the card for diving, and given a goal-kick, this discussion would not be happening and the incident would have been forgotten about.

Beaton was the ref at Firhill last weekend Jags v Fake Jags, which I attended. He booked ICT's Kerr for a perceived dive which was rescinded on appeal following a later second yellow that saw him red-carded.

I'll let you draw your own conclusion.

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I’m not saying he isn’t important but I don’t agree with a former player Thommo on BBC Scotland radio pre match against NI saying that McGregor is the best midfielder that Scotland currently have at our disposal.

My opinion fwiw is that CalMac is a very good player - but he certainly is not tested most weeks playing in Scotland for Celtic. 

He is very important to both Celtic and Scotland and I want to see him fit for the Germany game and beyond. 

I just disagree with Thommo that he is the BEST midfielder we have available for the Euros. 

Don't apologise mate.  I completely agree he is not our best midfielder tbh, I would say though imo he's most important to how we play.

That 'foul' looks even worse on sportscene, VAR was speeding play up for the interception then slowing it down for the contact on the player, you can't blame Beaton really for that though as all he was really shown was the contact bizarrely.

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Why would I be hurt by your lack of integrity and narrow mindedness? It’s pity I feel for you that you need to go the level of actually making something up 😂

Now I’m hurt. 

11 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Silva was never ever getting to that ball.

Why? Because he wasn't interested in getting to it. He was interested in simulating contact.

You know that and I know that. So let's call it for what it was. Pure deception on Silva's part.

If Beaton hadn't been so quick with the card for diving, and given a goal-kick, this discussion would not be happening and the incident would have been forgotten about.

Beaton was the ref at Firhill last weekend Jags v Fake Jags, which I attended. He booked ICT's Kerr for a perceived dive which was rescinded on appeal following a later second yellow that saw him red-carded.

I'll let you draw your own conclusion.

Im genuinely not sure what you’re seeing, but Johnstone clearly swipes and makes contact with Silva’s knee before he goes down.

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Why would I be hurt by your lack of integrity and narrow mindedness? 

You’re clearly hurting. Might not be today’s football but, is there someone with you? Someone we can call?

17 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Very good player but 100% not the best. As much as it hurts Celtic fans, he’s replaceable, depending on how Scotland plan to play Midfield is Scotlands strong point and if any Celtic fans disagree Juventus and AC Milan would like a word. Is Cal Mac on the radar of either of these clubs?

Fucksake lads. It sounds like you actually played out an entertaining game of football in a pivotal moment in the season and all you can talk about is refs and VAR. 

So unbelievably dull. 

2 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Right, I’m away. Today’s circus is done. Enjoyed the clowns and the freaks but more so the hot takes on said clowns and freaks. To all the non old firm fans, respect. We could all have chosen to be gloryseeking wanks under the auspices of “aye but my grandads carers mums hairdresser is married to a guy that supports (insert sectarian A or B)” . See you all for the next circus freak show. Special mention to every single decent old firm fan. Both of you.

‘mon son. Stand by your initial decision. You’re not adding to things here. Catch ye the morra…

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Im genuinely not sure what you’re seeing, but Johnstone clearly swipes and makes contact with Silva’s knee before he goes down.

Any contact is minimal and happens after Silva is already going to ground. Certainly not enough to warrant a foul.

Also worth highlighting that Johnston clearly withdraws his foot in an attempt to avoid contact (he still does make contact despite that though).

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That 'foul' looks even worse on sportscene, VAR was speeding play up for the interception then slowing it down for the contact on the player, you can't blame Beaton really for that though as all he was really shown was the contact bizarrely.

That i can understand, the interception is clearly obvious, you see the ball moving differently, theres no debate on that

The debate on the contact is likely why it's slowed down, the ref has to be sure there's contact or not, and using slow motion is obviously better for that 

The only time slow motion really distorts VAR is when a ref is asked about a tackle possibly being a straight red card id say

6 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You’re clearly hurting. Might not be today’s football but, is there someone with you? Someone we can call?

You’re clearly trying way too hard to get a nibble bud. I appreciate the effort though

Natasha Leggero Broke Show GIF by CBS

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

That i can understand, the interception is clearly obvious, you see the ball moving differently, theres no debate on that

The debate on the contact is likely why it's slowed down, the ref has to be sure there's contact or not, and using slow motion is obviously better for that 

The only time slow motion really distorts VAR is when a ref is asked about a tackle possibly being a straight red card id say

Contact doesn’t mean foul though. The question is did the contact impede him and well….you know my thought on that

Edited by Jinky67