Brother Beaton v Celtic: Apr 7th - 12:00

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Any contact is minimal and happens after Silva is already going to ground. Certainly not enough to warrant a foul.

Also worth highlighting that Johnston clearly withdraws his foot in an attempt to avoid contact (he still does make contact despite that though).

The goldson handball was as minimal as they come and it was a deflection up onto him very very close by

But unfortunately for us thats the rules now, and unfortunately for celtic the rules are johnston made contact with silva, theatrics or not

All 3 VAR decisions today were soft but correct

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

Im genuinely not sure what you’re seeing, but Johnstone clearly swipes and makes contact with Silva’s knee before he goes down.

Why do you continually call Johnston “Johnstone”?

Silva clearly played for it but it was obvious he was caught before he went down. Johnstones right boot caught him on the knee.

As I said, it’s very similar to the foul where Dessers goal was disallowed. On both occasions the contact probably isn’t enough to send the player flying.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Silva clearly played for it but it was obvious he was caught before he went down. Johnstones right boot caught him on the knee.

As I said, it’s very similar to the foul where Dessers goal was disallowed. On both occasions the contact probably isn’t enough to send the player flying.

how can it be similar if one player got the ball and the other didn’t?

Just back home from a call out in Govan and obviously I know of the bother surrounding the game etc but bouncers on the doors of McDonalds and KFC for fück sake. :lol:

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No idea what that is.

Really? It just means I’m used to writing it that way and it’s sort of second nature at this point.

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

how can it be similar if one player got the ball and the other didn’t?

Getting the ball is subjective if he never changed its course in any meaningful way. The ball was still going in the direction Silva played it and he would’ve got on the end of it regardless of the Johnston* touch

26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It means he can still sing The Sash after 12 pints of lager.

Don’t be stupid… there’s no danger I can sink 12 pints and remain conscious never mind recite The Sash.

I mentioned it earlier but what an impact Sima had when coming on. For someone that has played pretty exclusively on the left, he looked very dangerous on the right.

If Matondo also continues to threaten from the left then we could have two big players available for the run in.

45 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

All 3 VAR decisions today were soft but correct

Not according to your manager. He slavered that the Goldson elbow was not a pen.

The baldy eejit.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Getting the ball is subjective if he never changed its course in any meaningful way. The ball was still going in the direction Silva played it and he would’ve got on the end of it regardless of the Johnston* touch

It’s not subjective at all, AJgot the ball and Lawrence didn’t which makes them different. You cannot view them in the same way.

You can argue Silva might have gotten the ball first which is debatable as CCV looked like he may intercept however Silva made his decision to not try get the ball and to dive. 

Just now, AJF said:

Really? It just means I’m used to writing it that way and it’s sort of second nature at this point.

You’ve never noticed a Johnstone, Johnston or Johnson? Do you call every Stuart a Stewart, every McDonald a Macdonald or every Thompson a Thomson?

Just now, Jinky67 said:

It’s not subjective at all, AJgot the ball and Lawrence didn’t which makes them different. You cannot view them in the same way.

You can argue Silva might have gotten the ball first which is debatable as CCV looked like he may intercept however Silva made his decision to not try get the ball and to dive. 

Silva made a rip roaring c**t of himself today.