Brother Beaton v Celtic: Apr 7th - 12:00

13 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Just back home from a call out in Govan and obviously I know of the bother surrounding the game etc but bouncers on the doors of McDonalds and KFC for fück sake. :lol:

Bouncers ( security/door staff ) are common at McDs they are there quite a lot at night time and weekends , but KFC is a new one to me ….

16 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

Bouncers ( security/door staff ) are common at McDs they are there quite a lot at night time and weekends , but KFC is a new one to me ….

You may be right. I saw the one at McDonalds and was surprised then was at Junction 24 and assumed the one at the door was another bouncer - it might have just been a steward from the game?..

15 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You’re clearly hurting. Might not be today’s football but, is there someone with you? Someone we can call?

Very good player but 100% not the best. As much as it hurts Celtic fans, he’s replaceable, depending on how Scotland plan to play Midfield is Scotlands strong point and if any Celtic fans disagree Juventus and AC Milan would like a word. Is Cal Mac on the radar of either of these clubs?

I think you're maybe looking at this a bit too simplistically him and Ferguson aren't really like for like in terms of player roles these days. Ferguson will most likely be a  starter in time for Scotland but to get him in now most likely Mcginn or Mctominay who have probably been our main goal goal sources for past while would have to drop back and it doesn't really make any sense making such an adjustment on the eve of a tournament.

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Called it before the game. Against Hearts Beaton was the VAR and it was his fault and not the on-field referee.

Yesterday it was also Beaton’s fault and not the VAR.

So inconsistent in their attempt to manufacture their target to claim conspiracy 🤣

Celtic starts with a 'C'.

Conspiracy starts with a 'C'.

There is another word that fits in here that starts with a 'C', but I'm too polite to say it.

Just now, kingjoey said:

Celtic starts with a 'C'.

Conspiracy starts with a 'C'.

There is another word that fits in here that starts with a 'C', but I'm too polite to say it.

Is it ‘Cock’?

15 hours ago, AJF said:

Did he aye?

This is what he actually said.

In his interview shown on Sportscene, Clement says “my player is jumping with his arm up, yes, otherwise you cannot jump, but he puts his arm away and it (the ball) touched his shoulder…”. 

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Deary me 

Whoever runs that account genuinely is ill. It's a complete obsession to them.

Celtic were incredibly aggressive in the first half of the game, which was a big part of how they ended up 2-0 ahead. It's not therefore a surprise they committed a lot of fouls.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whoever runs that account genuinely is ill. It's a complete obsession to them.

Aye, I've seen them pop up a few times. Between them and the Celtic By Numbers lad, it's a full time occupation dedicated to conspiracies it seems.

I'm not entirely comfortable with this concept of a defender winning the ball and it still being a foul because the attacker could retain possession. 

How many times do we see a striker nick in ahead of a defender or goalkeeper and get caught with no chance of them retrieving the ball after the touch, yet penalties are awarded for that. 

Going by the pen yesterday, Johnson would've had to play the ball, then get out of the way. 

If Silva had nutmegged him and then ran into him, does anyone think it wouldve been a pen?

16 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'm not entirely comfortable with this concept of a defender winning the ball and it still being a foul because the attacker could retain possession. 

How many times do we see a striker nick in ahead of a defender or goalkeeper and get caught with no chance of them retrieving the ball after the touch, yet penalties are awarded for that. 

Going by the pen yesterday, Johnson would've had to play the ball, then get out of the way. 

If Silva had nutmegged him and then ran into him, does anyone think it wouldve been a pen?

I think that's where a degree of subjectivity will come into the equation as to whether Johnston getting a touch on the ball is regarded as him winning it despite it not changing it's course that much to the extent that Silva was likely going to retain possession.

15 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Yeah that's issue for me. Johnston is falling away from where the ball is  now going, the now trailing leg will have no force really as momentum is all going the opposite way really. Silva isn't really going at much speed either to be put off balance from it.  Football in general though has been terrible for clamping down on cynical play so players aren't exactly discouraged from doing it and essentially in this case he's rewarded for doing it.