Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprised at that as Docherty was emphasising how 'heavy' the McDiarmid Park pitch was and not conducive to how we want to play.

I know that beggars can't be choosers and all that but surprised you'd be the preferred option.

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

Presumably we need a stadium that’s VAR-ready, which makes McDiarmid the only realistic option. 

(Tannadice will likely have legacy infrastructure, but won’t have the pitchside monitor which almost certainly can’t be installed at such short notice). 

This is what I've seen.

No idea how you decide who sits where though, how many away tickets usually get sold at Dens for Rangers fans?

McDiarmid capacities are...

Main - ~3000

East - 3600

North/South - 1800

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is what I've seen.

No idea how you decide who sits where though, how many away tickets usually get sold at Dens for Rangers fans?

Main - ~3000

East - 3600

North/South - 1800

This many.

F94FEzBW8AA4Eca.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.e2d7fcc488b2a949ab4121f3a68b5648.jpg

Is McDiarmid quite fireproof?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

This is what I've seen.

Main - ~3000

East - 3600

North/South - 1800

I think it’s 4,500 thereabouts - 3,500 in the Shankly and 1,000 in the main stand.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is what I've seen.

Main - ~3000

East - 3600

North/South - 1800

Dundee give over the whole of the Shankly (3000/3500?) and part of the mainstand. 

Would St Johnstone not still be in control of who gets what? I.E a 3 stands to Rangers type scenario again...

Edited by Pens_Dark

4 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

This many.

F94FEzBW8AA4Eca.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.e2d7fcc488b2a949ab4121f3a68b5648.jpg

Is McDiarmid quite fireproof?

Depends what stand they're in, we keep the hay bales under the East.

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Would St Johnstone not still be in control of who gets what? 

Genuinely no idea how it would work. I'd think you'd get control, as the home team, to pick where your fans sit, so guess you'd pick the Main as it's got the extra leg room, and maybe the Ormond.

Would give you ~4800 seats, and Rangers ~5400 seats, but I don't know how many tickets Dundee sold?

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Dundee give over the whole of the Shankly (3000/3500?) and part of the mainstand. 

Would St Johnstone not still be in control of who gets what? I.E a 3 stands to Rangers type scenario again...

I'd think that if you gave Rangers behind both goals, you'd fit the 3,500 in with seats to spare. Don't know how many tickets Dundee will have sold, but if less than 3000, then Dundee take main. More than that east and bot of main. Essentially would mirror a Saints game vs them. Would imagine saints would charge a fee for the game to go ahead and possibly the take from pie stalls?

Bit of a minter for Dundee if it is shifted to Perth though. When you add it to you guys playing in our strips a few years back... you know you want to be us really 😙🫢

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Depends what stand they're in, we keep the hay bales under the East.

Genuinely no idea how it would work. I'd think you'd get control, as the home team, to pick where your fans sit, so guess you'd pick the Main as it's got the extra leg room, and maybe the Ormond.

Would give you ~4800 seats, and Rangers ~5400 seats, but I don't know how many tickets Dundee sold?

I would imagine that the away attendance amount would be restricted to what we have already been allocated for Dundee. I don't think there would be enough time to get new tickets printed, passed over to Rangers and then distributed to fans in time for Wednesday. Where the fans are seated is another matter, but I don't see the amount increasing.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I would imagine that the away attendance amount would be restricted to what we have already been allocated for Dundee. I don't think there would be enough time to get new tickets printed, passed over to Rangers and then distributed to fans in time for Wednesday. Where the fans are seated is another matter, but I don't see the amount increasing.

I was on about where fans would be seated more than extra tickets tbf, but we can process e-tickets so it's not impossible that extra tickets can be sent out between now and then.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

There was - somewhat incredibly - a game on down the Riverside pitches last night about 6pm (and btw, absolutely f**k that in that rain last night) - maybe they could shift it down there?

The doggers have these booked out up until 7pm. Shambles so it is.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Also precedent for moving a game, from the same season as the St Mirren - Rangers (1872) game.

Screenshot_20240404_124621_Chrome.thumb.jpg.98426dbeb6385231e81f9b75dcb0b4d1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Scottish_Premier_League

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/7298496.stm

I'd rather not play at Livingston please Sir. 

Thank you. 

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

I thought Old Firm tickets were distributed by a guy in the crowd outside the stadium holding the tickets up in the air.

18 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

- every millimetre of rain on that pitch is seven tonnes of water

17 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Apparently this is the 8th wettest winter in the UK since records began. 

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You'd need between 60 to 100 tonnes of sand for the whole pitch.

On Saturday I’m gonna point at the pitch knowingly and spout these facts to strangers. It’ll impress everyone within earshot. 

15 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

This would be an excellent opportunity to play the very first overseas Scottish league fixture to sell Scottish football to a new audience.

The game should be played in Gaza.

FTFY

I know it won't be at Hampden as QP are playing but I wonder how prohibitively expensive it is to rent for a game. You can imagine someone like Killie or Livi inventing some excuse to play an OF home game there and sell 40,000 tickets.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I know it won't be at Hampden as QP are playing but I wonder how prohibitively expensive it is to rent for a game. You can imagine someone like Killie or Livi inventing some excuse to play am OF home game there and sell 40,000 tickets.

And decide what end they got