Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think it's quite telling that Dundee and Motherwell fans are the most lighthearted in this thread and on social media and seeing it as what will be, will be meanwhile Rangers, Hibs (Understandably considering the circumstances - but not including the good guys on here) and bizarrely, Kilmarnock fans that seem to be getting the most upset about it all.

Think Killie fans are just anxious for the post-split fixtures to come out so they can decide if they're giving Celtic two or three stands.

14 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Think Killie fans are just anxious for the post-split fixtures to come out so they can decide if they're giving Celtic two or three stands.

You need to do better than that, terrible fishing.

5 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Agreed there is no rule but given the risk of bad weather common sense dictates that the game is scheduled for the first available date.  There are lots of examples of diddy teams being forced to play games ASAP.

Bit harsh labelling Sevco "diddy". Ok, only been around 12 years, but they do actually have a proper "major" trophy to their name, unlike, say... Livingston, who are totally diddy.

Edited by Boo Khaki

5 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Anyway, we don't normally have this number of pages unless we're playing St. Mirren, let's see tomorrow if there's actually anything to even worry about. 

Christ! you're telling me they are the same in every single team's match threads? 🤢🤦‍♂️

7 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Were we? I have absolutely no recollection of Motherwell being fined for postponed games.

You got numerous fines, but they were all suspended fines until the Summer, at which point you'd either have to pay them, or prove that enough work was being undertaken to resolve it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/7886929.stm

And we're threatened with having to move away from Fir Park if you couldn't prove you were taking it seriously.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/motherwell-warned-to-fix-fir-park-1011216.amp

Motherwell then proved they had identified the issue and were resolving it, after a Summer of work with the SPL watching/inspecting everything, and the suspended fine was reduced when it had to paid as clear efforts had been made.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8914193.stm

With how Dundees owners have treated Dens so far, do you think they'll be committing ~£2m+ to repair it like Motherwell had to?

8 hours ago, AJF said:

How many times does it need pointed out that there is no such rule that dictates it needs to be played on the first available date?

Where did I say it is a "rule"? Given the short time before the end if the pre split fixtures, and the necessity of getting all games finished by the weekend of 13/14 April, it really didn't take a lot of common sense to see that, to cover the potential of further matches off, the Dundee v Rangers game had to be scheduled on the earliest possible date, 2nd April.  These potential problems have arisen due to the SPFL kowtowing to Rangers. And if the pitch is unplayable tomorrow, it's going to bite them on the bum.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It isn't actually the SPFL's job to play every single game on the earliest available date, otherwise the season would already be finished.

Another of your "clever", nonsensical remarks.

Pretty wild overnight here. Doesn’t look THAT bad now though. Fingers crossed all the prep work pays off. There’s clearly an issue with the drainage but I don’t see what more the club could have done for this game. I’m optimistic it’ll go ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Pretty wild overnight here. Doesn’t look THAT bad now though. Fingers crossed all the prep work pays off. There’s clearly an issue with the drainage but I don’t see what more the club could have done for this game. I’m optimistic it’ll go ahead. 

A few drops of light rain now with the forecast that it will brighten up and be drier later.

8 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Agreed there is no rule but given the risk of bad weather common sense dictates that the game is scheduled for the first available date.  There are lots of examples of diddy teams being forced to play games ASAP.

8 hours ago, The Master said:

If you can't see an inconsistency in the SPFL not scheduling Dundee v Rangers for the first available date, and them seriously considering playing a game on a Monday afternoon at a neutral venue behind closed doors to get all fixtures played before the split, then there really is no hope. 

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Where did I say it is a "rule"? Given the short time before the end if the pre split fixtures, and the necessity of getting all games finished by the weekend of 13/14 April, it really didn't take a lot of common sense to see that, to cover the potential of further matches off, the Dundee v Rangers game had to be scheduled on the earliest possible date, 2nd April.  These potential problems have arisen due to the SPFL kowtowing to Rangers. And if the pitch is unplayable tomorrow, it's going to bite them on the bum.

Another of your "clever", nonsensical remarks.

And as has been pointed out by Dundee fans on here, the decision to give it an extra week suited them (to give as much time as possible to get the pitch playable).

Do you really think the SPFL haven’t liaised with Dundee prior to deciding what date to go with? You’d also have expected Dundee to voice their displeasure if they were against the rearranged fixture date which doesn’t seem to be the case.

Additionally, the SPFL have the weekend of the 20/21 April they could use should the game today be postponed with neither team still in the Scottish Cup.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You got numerous fines, but they were all suspended fines until the Summer, at which point you'd either have to pay them, or prove that enough work was being undertaken to resolve it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/7886929.stm

And we're threatened with having to move away from Fir Park if you couldn't prove you were taking it seriously.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/motherwell-warned-to-fix-fir-park-1011216.amp

Motherwell then proved they had identified the issue and were resolving it, after a Summer of work with the SPL watching/inspecting everything, and the suspended fine was reduced when it had to paid as clear efforts had been made.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8914193.stm

With how Dundees owners have treated Dens so far, do you think they'll be committing ~£2m+ to repair it like Motherwell had to?

Dundee’s circumstances are arguably slightly different from Motherwell in so much as the board are stating their intention is to move from Dens in the near future.  IF the building of the new stadium does proceed the move could well  be sooner rather than later as it appears the board’s intention is to sell Dens and seek a ground share during the construction period. 

It may be the case that league officials will see the bigger picture and welcome such a significant investment being made by a Scottish club.  Surely a new stadium such as that proposed by Dundee is good for the image of the Scottish game as a whole and potentially outweighs any short term pain?

I’m sure it’s not the case but some of the posts I’ve seen appear to imply (I’m not suggesting yourself) that they would like to see Dundee being forced to spend £X million (the higher the amount the better) improving the pitch and therefore significantly hindering any potential move.   

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Dundee’s circumstances are arguably slightly different from Motherwell in so much as the board are stating their intention is to move from Dens in the near future. 

If it won't be ready for next season then it'll have zero effect on their decision making this Summer.

30 minutes ago, AJF said:

And as has been pointed out by Dundee fans on here, the decision to give it an extra week suited them (to give as much time as possible to get the pitch playable).

Do you really think the SPFL haven’t liaised with Dundee prior to deciding what date to go with? You’d also have expected Dundee to voice their displeasure if they were against the rearranged fixture date which doesn’t seem to be the case.

Additionally, the SPFL have the weekend of the 20/21 April they could use should the game today be postponed with neither team still in the Scottish Cup.

Just stop. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If it won't be ready for next season then it'll have zero effect on their decision making this Summer.

You’ve already stated the  that if Dundee don’t “shell out a fortune” on their pitch for next season the SPFL will rule it unplayable. 

I think neither thing will happen.  Dundee will not spend big money and the pitch will not be ruled unplayable.

We will certainly find out soon enough.  I guess we will both just have to be a little patient to see who has assessed the situation correctly.

I want the Dundee folk to be out doing a mini pitch inspection in the time honoured tradition of a quick walk on the grass in the back garden/nearest park.