Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

14 minutes ago, Swello said:

I want the Dundee folk to be out doing a mini pitch inspection in the time honoured tradition of a quick walk on the grass in the back garden/nearest park.

The carnival down on riverside where the pitches are usually playable , was closed yesterday due to flooding and Cakes of mud everywhere , hope this helps 

19 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

You’ve already stated the  that if Dundee don’t “shell out a fortune” on their pitch for next season the SPFL will rule it unplayable. 

I think neither thing will happen.  Dundee will not spend big money and the pitch will not be ruled unplayable.

We will certainly find out soon enough.  I guess we will both just have to be a little patient to see who has assessed the situation correctly.

They'll have to prove to the SPFL that it won't have the same issues again next season, which will cost a fortune based on Dundees fans claims about why the pitch floods.

I've shown you Motherwell had that exact situation when they had multiple postponements in the same season before.

Dundee fans just seem to be assuming it won't happen to them because they don't want it to. There is a precedent and that was with less postponements.

6 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

The carnival down on riverside where the pitches are usually playable , was closed yesterday due to flooding and Cakes of mud everywhere , hope this helps 

Exactly the type of information that we need. Could you go down there with an old pair of fitba boots and see if the bit behind the waltzers "will take a stud"?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They'll have to prove to the SPFL that it won't have the same issues again next season, which will cost a fortune based on Dundees fans claims about why the pitch floods.

I've shown you Motherwell had that exact situation when they had multiple postponements in the same season before.

Dundee fans just seem to be assuming it won't happen to them because they don't want it to. There is a precedent and that was with less postponements.

Patience my friend.  Let’s just wait and see how this all develops. It will be nothing, if not interesting.

2 hours ago, Liam899 said:

Pretty wild overnight here. Doesn’t look THAT bad now though. Fingers crossed all the prep work pays off. There’s clearly an issue with the drainage but I don’t see what more the club could have done for this game. I’m optimistic it’ll go ahead. 

Think it will go ahead as they the refs will be instructed that they need this game to go ahead

14 minutes ago, Swello said:

Exactly the type of information that we need. Could you go down there with an old pair of fitba boots and see if the bit behind the waltzers "will take a stud"?

image.jpeg.dd8a4bd3f82331df2967627d75273065.jpeg

3 minutes ago, K.T said:

Dunno why we’re being told to rip the pitch up if the problem is actually the drainage on Dens Road. 

It has been suggested many times, but has it been confirmed this is the problem?  If so, surely Scottish Water and/or the cooncil should be on the hook as well.

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It has been suggested many times, but has it been confirmed this is the problem?  If so, surely Scottish Water and/or the cooncil should be on the hook as well.

That bad you can go fishing?

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Additionally, the SPFL have the weekend of the 20/21 April they could use should the game today be postponed with neither team still in the Scottish Cup.

They've got the midweek of 16th/17th April before that too.

59 minutes ago, Swello said:

They expect it to be open today by 2pm , game on , get your arse on the way to dens 

IMG_1209.jpeg

Edited by Wee jeemie

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They've got the midweek of 16th/17th April before that too.

I think they're trying to ensure all games before the split are completed at the same time if they could impact on top 6.  

7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I think they're trying to ensure all games before the split are completed at the same time if they could impact on top 6.  

That’s not a consideration. There’s been many examples over the years of a team in contention for the top 6 playing at a different time to the rest. 

The issue will be that the SPFL will want to release the fixtures as soon as possible after next week’s games are done. 

Just now, The Master said:

That’s not a consideration. There’s been many examples over the years of a team in contention for the top 6 playing at a different time to the rest. 

The issue will be that the SPFL will want to release the fixtures as soon as possible after next week’s games are done. 

I was giving them credit for trying to introduce an element of professionalism and fairness to the system! 

24 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You are, of course, quite correct. Too sensible for some folk though.

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

So the only things open in Dundee after a shower are the Discovery and Tannadice?

37 minutes ago, hk blues said:

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You are, of course, quite correct. Too sensible for some folk though.

And if today’s game and Wednesday’s game go ahead as planned, they will be completed at the same time. If they don’t, that is nothing to do with how the SPFL have scheduled the fixtures.

11 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

After all of this, the game is going to go ahead and it will be a 0-0 shitfest won't it?

6-6 thriller matey.