Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

We got exactly what we deserved from that. 

Switched off after our second goal went in and it was only a matter of time before Motherwell got back into it, penalty or otherwise. 

Oh well. It’s the Dundee way to shoot ourselves in the foot when other results go our way. 

3 hours ago, Biscuits said:

Motherwell do have history of crying like little bitches whenever one of the players gets accidentally injured so f**k knows what they’ll be like at 4.45 today 

IMG_3827.png

16 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Wasnt at the game today, so no idea if we deserved the result or not, but it IS very very pleasing! 🧡❤️🧡

You definitely did , we were completely shite in the second half , Doc changed to 4 at the back and totally Frcked it up 

Absolutely predictable that we can’t hold on to a lead. We try and sit back and never, ever fucking works. Motherwell had a game plan of hitting long balls to Bair and we just couldn’t deal with it. Doc should have been changing things long before bringing on Robinson in the 95th minute. Boateng or Robertson to stiffen up the middle after the penalty, Robinson on much earlier to give an extra bit of pace up front and chasing the over hit balls we insisted on playing all game. 

Knowing us, we’ll get a point off the blue bigots now, then arse it up at Pittodrie next week…

5 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Knowing us, we’ll get a point off the blue bigots now, then arse it up at Pittodrie next week…

A point could be enough, with Hibs at Motherwell next week. 

Although us getting a point midweek would leave Motherwell with nothing to play for (if we assume they’re safe from the play-off). 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm saying if this was October and there wasn't pressure to complete games before the split, they wouldn't even consider saying that pitch was playable.

I’m sorry but that is subtly different to what you initially said.  You said “we have the benefit of not being forced to say it’s playable by our employers.”

You also said “Anyone with a brain can see that massive sandpit is a massive hazard to the players” and in a separate post you stated ”it’s genuinely a disgrace that it’s been allowed.  That’s a major hazard for players who are absolutely (not maybe, not possibly but absolutely) going over ankles (plural) on that part of the pitch.

All this was said by yourself after seeing a short clip and / or photos on social media.  As opposed to the referee that was on the pitch and carrying out a thorough inspection.

I was at the game and the ball appeared to run true and not one player appeared to indicate anything untoward with any section of the pitch.  

Do you still stand by what you said pre match or do you think you went a fair bit over the top with your assessment? 

Onto the game.  Full credit to Motherwell they could have folded after the 2nd as I didn’t think they played that great up to that point.  They didn’t fold, they kept at it and got their reward.   I thought Bair in particular was excellent today. A player like that really does make a difference to just about any team in this league.  You will be doing well to keep him for next season.

As for Dundee, I thought we played some good football in tight positions but we are definitely lacking a cutting edge.  Another worrying collapse but I’m confident Doc can sort that out with some decent recruitment in the summer.

Mad mad scenes for Motherwell’s third goal and I hope the lad that jumped from the top of the vomitory didn’t “go over his ankles.”  I know some poster on here was worried about that sort of thing happening today…..

Just back, haven’t seen any clips from the game, haven’t read the chat.

Dundee edged the first half but we started to play after they scored.  The goal from the corner was a sickener.  I had no inkling that there may have been a penalty shout, don’t know what it was for, perhaps Kettlewell’s moans against Aberdeen won us a favour.  It was funny the keeper pretending to line up for a free kick after the goal, ‘I’ve seen encroachment on the telly so it must have happened’ the ref got him told.  Thereafter Bair should have had 3, missed opportunity for him.  I thought Moses looked a donkey but we scored three times while he was on the park including him smashing the winner.  We should have had more, totally dominated the second half.  Kettlewell lost control of himself at the celebrations.

The pitch was fine.

Edited by ropy

54 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You not getting a nosebleed? Up here with the big boys.

Thank you.

Get it right up you.

thank you

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Any players die because of the pitch today?

Nah, even wee fragile Micky Mellon was fine, despite being literally murdered by Liam Gordon a few weeks ago.