Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dens has been called the Scot Foam for about a year now. Our 4 floodlights have giant signs stating this as well.

Sounds like it's the easiest money we've ever made if the majority of you are only finding this out now.

It was the Kilmac Stadium for about 3 year as well FYI.

The Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park, please.

Having a pitch inspection 48 hours before kick off, and before another deluge between then and kick off, seems just a tad pointless. This game has Dundee P, Motherwell P written all over it.

It's so that when we get the inevitable Rangers tear stained statement, we can say we did everything possible so get it fucking up you and let's take your horrible nonsense to Perth away from our fine city.

Thank you.

I'd be lying if I said I'd been keeping up to date with the pitch chat through the day but while I get that the inspection being held today seems a bit pointless I guess if it had failed earlier then there would have been a push to discuss alternate venues given forecasts and what not.

I suppose it passing today and them working towards that means it's more likely just to be P-P on Saturday rather than relocated after it pishes down between now and kick off.

(and also as @Ludo*1 says Dundee get to keep up appearances by showing everyone that they *really* tried)

5 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I know it won't be at Hampden as QP are playing but I wonder how prohibitively expensive it is to rent for a game. You can imagine someone like Killie or Livi inventing some excuse to play an OF home game there and sell 40,000 tickets.

image.gif.49c544e46088654285e2faac7dc05bac.gif

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Having a pitch inspection 48 hours before kick off, and before another deluge between then and kick off, seems just a tad pointless. This game has Dundee P, Motherwell P written all over it.

Not another fucking draw? I'd take the point now, tbqhwy.

37 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It's not, because it opens up the possibility that if someone invents time travel between now and Saturday, the SPFL know they can send both teams back in time to Thursday night and get the fixture played.

Well that's the only reason I can think of anyway 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

If it does go ahead at Tannadice though they wouldn’t even have to renege on all the hospitality packages they’ve doubtless sold - they could just break the Dr Noodles suite into its 3 constituent panels and have it across the road in 10 minutes. We could even dump an old bed on top of our catering outlets if it helped seal the deal… 

Would you not risk waking up Ivano and Dario if you tried to move that old bed?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I think there is a fair bit of PR and damage reduction going on here.  By doing the pitch inspection today if the game is called off on Saturday Dundee can point to the fact that even with the rain covers on they could not prevent the pitch being unplayable.

In other words not much more could reasonably be done (at least at this stage in the season).  That may buy the club a bit of favour with those in charge of the league.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I'd be lying if I said I'd been keeping up to date with the pitch chat through the day but while I get that the inspection being held today seems a bit pointless I guess if it had failed earlier then there would have been a push to discuss alternate venues given forecasts and what not.

I suppose it passing today and them working towards that means it's more likely just to be P-P on Saturday rather than relocated after it pishes down between now and kick off.

(and also as @Ludo*1 says Dundee get to keep up appearances by showing everyone that they *really* tried)

I've also not been following the finer details since I found out it won't be at Hampden and lost interest but does it not basically absolutely have to be played this weekend if they want to have the split sorted on time?

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've also not been following the finer details since I found out it won't be at Hampden and lost interest but does it not basically absolutely have to be played this weekend if they want to have the split sorted on time?

Yes, because the SPFL f*ck*d up the rearranged date for the Dundee v Rangers match. 

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The latest last resort (according to The Sun…f**k The Sun) is behind closed doors in Airdrie on Monday at 3pm.