Stirling V Alloa. No controversy here.

Stirling must have heard Stevie is back and running scared, pitch inspection at 11am tomorrow.

Hopefully all fine fo the game to go ahead

Think tomorrow's game could be in real jeopardy with the weather and the constant rain today,  which I think will continue tomorrow. Probably the bother with Stirling having the grass pitch

Looks bad overnight but clearing up a bit tomorrow. It usually drains OK. We've had a few postponements from frozen pitch but I can't remember the last one for it being waterlogged.

Might just be my memory though.

I'm still hopeful.

I'm somewhere in the middle of looking forward to this game and dreading it.  Alloa's poor recent results don't mean a thing if we don't produce the goods on the park.  I doubt Darren will do much in the way of changes to the line up from the last game.  I can't think of any that guarantee a better performance. A nervy wait and see is all I've got.

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I'm somewhere in the middle of looking forward to this game and dreading it.  Alloa's poor recent results don't mean a thing if we don't produce the goods on the park.  I doubt Darren will do much in the way of changes to the line up from the last game.  I can't think of any that guarantee a better performance. A nervy wait and see is all I've got.

Don't read too much into the last result against Cove, yes the scoreline says 4-2 i get that...but it was a bit of a crazy 90 minutes, 2 out of character own goals, another tommy trundler & a bouncing ball in the 6 yd box... we did actually play some good football & a passing game,, just individual errors cost us the game... 

However we do need to step up, only change i might see could be Hilson for Spence.. losing Carrick is a blow but we can't feel sorry for ourselves, it's still in our own hands 

On 04/04/2024 at 21:19, printer said:

Big test for Andy G IMO.

We need to stop the rot and a win is important to keep us in pole with five games to go.

It's likely Cove will lose at Falkirk, but both Cove and Montrose have games against Edinburgh left; so, very tight and likely to remain so.

Stirling are struggling, in a fight to avoid ninth spot against Kelty, QotS and Annan - none of who look like they are going to fold. They will be 100% ready and up for it. 

Over to you Andy and the players. You need to deliver the three points on Saturday - we have the quality to do that IMO, but it will be tough.

Agree with this, really need to be picking up momentum again if we are going to have a serious shot at making the play-offs. There were times during the winning run when we played some terrific football. Other times, like Stirling at home, we weren't great but we stuck in and came up with a wee bit of class to win the game. In the most recent games we were missing a few of the key men who can provide the wee bits of magic and too many of those who were available just a wee bit off it. Not easy to regain momentum in that situation but that's the challenge. 

If Stevie is fit enough I'd be very tempted to put him back in. If not, I'd go with Robbo and Roberts in the middle with Scougall further up behind Wales. Steven and Quinn on the flanks. Whoever plays they're going to need to be right up for it.

1 hour ago, moses1924 said:

Does anyone know if you can pay at the gate for this, my sons travelling through but not sure if he needs a ticket bought before hand? thanks.

You can pay at the gate but only with cash 

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

You can pay at the gate but only with cash 

Thanks, sent him off with a tenner and bus card so good to know he can get in, hope Stirling get the win.

Well if you're looking to try and get some momentum going again that's not a bad way to start 😁. Tough afternoon for Blair Currie who had a nightmare early on. We started the game well and the wide men were causing Stirling bother but the goalkeeping was horrific and really killed Stirling. He ended up making some good saves later on but damage was done. Still, credit to Alloa for some good football into the wind in the first half and crowned by a great goal from Sutherland just before the break. 

Second half was pretty flat and we were coasting home until we gave away a gift of our own which Spencie finished well. Ultimately worked in our favour as Stirling really tried to then push on and get back into the game, leaving us loads of space at the other end, which the boys exploited. Really happy for Roberts who looked more like himself and took his goal very well. 

Could certainly improve on aspects of the performance but can't complain with a 5-1 away derby win and in testing conditions. Worrying to lose Devine and have to hope that's not the end of his season. On the flipside, great to see Hetherington making his return from the bench. 

Well done to Andy and all the players, great response to get back to winning ways and sets us up nicely for two huge games. 

Edited by Waspie

Much better performance today, thought we were pretty good all over the park. 

Feel a bit for Sutherland, could see he was buzzing with his goal (great goal it was!) but he was at fault for the goal we conceded and seen his head drop. He was struggling with judging the high balls in the wind at times but it was difficult for everyone. His pass to find Steven for his goal was excellent as well. 

Miko deserves a lot of praise today, stopped a lot of Stirlings play.

Shocking the young Stirling fans leaving and throwing rocks into the away stand, thankfully it didn't look like anyone was hurt. Hopefully they'll be identified and dealt with by the club.

Our remaining fixtures are all tough but hopefully this performance gives us the push we needed for the final run.

Edited by Rory

11 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Well if you're looking to try and get some momentum going again that's not a bad way to start 😁. Tough afternoon for Blair Currie who had a nightmare early on. We started the game well and the wide men were causing Stirling bother but the goalkeeping was horrific and really killed Stirling. He ended up making some good saves later on but damage was done. Still, credit to Alloa for some good football into the wind in the first half and crowned by a great goal from Sutherland just before the break. 

Second half was pretty flat and we were coasting home until we gave away a gift of our own which Spencie finished well. Ultimately worked in our favour as Stirling really tried to then push on and get back into the game, leaving us loads of space at the other end, which the boys exploited. Really happy for Roberts who looked more like himself and took his goal very well. 

Could certainly improve on aspects of the performance but can't complain with a 5-1 away derby win and in testing conditions. Worrying to lose Devine and have to hope that's not the end of his season. On the flipside, great to see Hetherington making his return from the bench. 

Well done to Andy and all the players, great response to get back to winning ways and sets us up nicely for two huge games. 

Can’t disagree with any of that. We were rank rotten in the first half.

Outstanding performance from Alloa today and not a failure in a black and gold shirt.  Probably the best performance I have seen at Forthbank.

Andy Graham has to get massive credit for getting the players so up for it,. We have much better players than Stirling Albion but the motivation to win from our players was so great to see.. If Iwas a Stirling fan I would be raging at their players today.

Everybody was good for us today but especially Virtanen, PJ,  and Curtis Roberts ❤️ and they probably all got 10 while the other starting 11 all got 9.

Thank you Andy Graham.

The ideal way to shake off the malaise of the last few weeks with 3 points and a boost to the goal difference as well. 

Big call from Andy in terms of starting Sammon and dropping Bobby Wales a little deeper but paid off immediately and I thought it was one of Sammon’s better games this season. 

Said on the podcast this week that I felt Stirling’s main weakness is either full back and felt we exploited the wide areas really well. Didn’t expect the addition of a couple of gifts from Blair Currie though. 

First 20 minutes of the second half were very pedestrian and in truth we sort of needed Spency’s goal to shake us back in to life. 

Pick of the goals was Sutherland’s but I really liked Taylor Steven’s - the save from PJ that resulted in the corner was a cracker, a great block on the line by Dave MacKay, an excellent cross field ball from Sutherland, and a good run and finish from Steven. 

There was a few good saves from PJ and I thought Roberts looked more like what we’ve seen all season but Miko was the pick of the bunch for me - strolled the midfield and controlled the whole game pretty unassumingly, and then threw himself in to tackles when it was needed. 

On the Bino’s, I actually didn’t think they played too badly (thought they were actually worse in the 2-0 game at Forthbank)- passed the ball around pretty well, maybe just could have been quicker and more direct at times. Think I heard McPake getting MotM but I thought he was a big cause of slowing things down too much. They should have had at least 1 in the first half from a corner but other than that I thought they really struggled with such a strong wind behind them, looked unsure of how to play with it, and were just a bit toothless overall up top.