Stirling V Alloa. No controversy here.

Yes, hit on the head with fairly decent size stones/rocks on a few occasions first half, didn't seem like much was getting done outside the ground. 

Big gang of kids in Stirling town centre all dressed in black heading towards the train station after the game as I headed to Morrisons for a beer. Its all a bit silly. As previously mentioned, enjoyed having the derbies back this season but has led to lots of issues with the youngsters on both sides seemingly every fixture.

49 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

Fully agree with that.  In addition an object was hurled at an Alloa player from the north end of the West Stand.  Surely someone will know who threw it?  Are all of our stewards blind?  What each club should be doing is requiring someone to own up/turn someone else in under fear of banning the whole group.

Further, why weren't the police outside to prevent the Stirling youths from hurling missiles into the Alloa fans inside the ground.  This is a repeat of what happened at the previous home game against Montrose whose fans were also targets, so it should have been anticipated. 

It is high time for the clubs to step up before someone suffers serious injury.  If they don't, will the SFA get off their backsides and cease to warm their haemorrhoids?  

its all utterly ridiculous. 

Police don't seem interested in doing much. I saw the kids chasing the supporters' bus after the Montrose game and chucking stuff at it and it was our stewards pursuing them while the police looked on. 

It's beyond obvious they'd be out in force for Alloa and to see the behaviour of throwing things into the ground repeated without consequence is really disappointing. 

12 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Sorry to the Alloa fans for them throwing stones over the wall. I've zero idea why the club still allow them entry. 

1 hour ago, Red Watch said:

Fully agree with that.  In addition an object was hurled at an Alloa player from the north end of the West Stand.  Surely someone will know who threw it?  Are all of our stewards blind?  What each club should be doing is requiring someone to own up/turn someone else in under fear of banning the whole group.

Further, why weren't the police outside to prevent the Stirling youths from hurling missiles into the Alloa fans inside the ground.  This is a repeat of what happened at the previous home game against Montrose whose fans were also targets, so it should have been anticipated. 

It is high time for the clubs to step up before someone suffers serious injury.  If they don't, will the SFA get off their backsides and cease to warm their haemorrhoids?  

This has been going on for a number of years now and the truth is that the club don't want to get involved and are happy to turn a blind eye. The stewarding at Forthbank is an absolute joke, Stewards are simply there to be a presence and do nothing, not a thing, about anything that goes on. Happy to pick up the cash and go home having stood around for a couple of hours. You only have to see the way the regular Stewards act on a Saturday, you can see they don't want confrontation. 

You just need to look at the amount of people who stand between the last row of seats at the Morrisons End. This is an accident waiting to happen, yet Stewards happily walk past every week and do nothing about it. Club Officials see what's going on and do nothing about it. You pay your money, so what......seems to be the attitude from everyone at the club.

Edited by BB_Bino

4 hours ago, Rory said:

Well deserved! Probably his best performance in an Alloa shirt

Been raving about him for the last while now, was a big part I believe in our winning run in February in the midfield and a bit of our performance differed when he was absent. And came back in the midfield on Saturday and as you say @Roryprobably his best performance in Black and Gold. In his best position alongside Kurtis Roberts who I would keep as the midfield two for as long as we have them at our disposal

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

This has been going on for a number of years now and the truth is that the club don't want to get involved and are happy to turn a blind eye. The stewarding at Forthbank is an absolute joke, Stewards are simply there to be a presence and do nothing, not a thing, about anything that goes on. Happy to pick up the cash and go home having stood around for a couple of hours. You only have to see the way the regular Stewards act on a Saturday, you can see they don't want confrontation. 

You just need to look at the amount of people who stand between the last row of seats at the Morrisons End. This is an accident waiting to happen, yet Stewards happily walk past every week and do nothing about it. Club Officials see what's going on and do nothing about it. You pay your money, so what......seems to be the attitude from everyone at the club.

Many of the Stirling youths involved on Saturday are already banned but gathered at the stadium anyway before being chased and going to MacDonalds. The ringleader/s is well known so don't know why he gets away with it. Agree about the stewards - useless. At least we're rid of the racist fan if he keeps his word after storming out at half-time.

The stewardship at Forthbank is pretty sub standard, as previously mentioned in this thread they just stand around, no real presence or deterant for unruly behaviour,abuse & this recent trend of missile throwing, be it stone's or coins, ecigs or flares it's a sad part creeping into our stadium & it's not welcome 

I don't know what the answer is, but stronger stewardship & Police intervention needs to be more present because there is an accident waiting to happen at some point, football is football but life is precious, i just hope that we aren't the club involved were this type of behaviour causes serious harm to someone.

It's not something we want at Forthbank, let's hope that working together we can eradicate this from our club 

Also if any flares are thrown we need to have a better way of dealing with them, a set of litter pickers & 1 bucket of sand isn't really forward thinking... holding them with the litter pickers till they burn out or players picking them up themselves to remove them from the pitch isn't good... do stewards not have bodycam to review this kind of footage 🤔 

As far as i am led to believe Stewards are not allowed by law to touch anyone unless by immediate danger,  illness ,same with security guards

correct me if i am wrong .

only the police are allowed to within reason . ?

Taggart got a row off the ref for removing a flare ,  🙂

Edited by Vegetableman

26 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

As far as i am led to believe Stewards are not allowed by law to touch anyone unless by immediate danger,  illness ,same with security guards

correct me if i am wrong .

only the police are allowed to within reason . ?

Taggart got a row off the ref for removing a flare ,  🙂

To be fair on a young vloggers YouTube video from the game I seen Taggart removing it but didn't see him getting told off. But on your first point, I remember in the 4-1 win against Cove in February being behind the goal and think when the 4th goal went in the players came over and celebrating with is and remember one of the security started grabbing me and another lad out the way, only him doing it by the way and no one else. DId seem an angry fella 

21 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Was that the same person?

Yes, same person that was shouting racist remarks, think it was the last Cove home game. Not sure what happened vs Alloa, but took a strop at half time and shouted he'll never be back so fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, LoganAAFC said:

Been raving about him for the last while now, was a big part I believe in our winning run in February in the midfield and a bit of our performance differed when he was absent. And came back in the midfield on Saturday and as you say @Roryprobably his best performance in Black and Gold. In his best position alongside Kurtis Roberts who I would keep as the midfield two for as long as we have them at our disposal

Totally agree. Both he and Roberts have been excellent together. Consistent and a key factor is us picking up the points we have since January.  Brilliant move by the manager. 

Leaving aside the debate on what our best central midfield pairing is, it's been great to see Miko getting games and doing well.

I wonder if he will continue to improve/find his old form as he gets even more game time. If he does, given his age, there must be a chance He'll find his way back into full time.

Talking of players finding their way back into full time, I must admit I was delighted to see Ross McIver getting three goals in the last two televised Falkirk games and looking so happy.

It's been a great year for him, surpassing pretty much everyone's expectations. Sometimes a player brings exactly what a team needs and that IMO is what's happened with Ross at Falkirk.

33 minutes ago, printer said:

Leaving aside the debate on what our best central midfield pairing is, it's been great to see Miko getting games and doing well.

I wonder if he will continue to improve/find his old form as he gets even more game time. If he does, given his age, there must be a chance He'll find his way back into full time.

He'd need to bring a wee bit more on the ball for that, I think, but hopefully that will come with time and confidence. Might be less of an issue with a different kind of partner in fairness. While Roberts is also very good he and Miko are liable to be a bit harum scarum together, all tackles and drive, which can be very effective and is certainly great to watch, but at times means you lack a cool head and wee bit more composure in there. Horses for courses! 

Miko's career seemed to really hit the skids after his initial successful loan spell with Arbroath and he obviously didn't have a great start with us, he deserves great credit for coming in and doing well after new year. Hopefully loads more to come from him. Might we here the Finnish tune over the tannoy before the end of the season 😁

Totally agree about MacIver. I thought he could potentially be a good addition for Falkirk in the right role but he's done better than I expected. Also feared that he might well do lots of effective link up work but not score many, and Falkirk fans would be unlikely to tolerate a striker who didn't score. He got off to a great scoring start though and took it from there. Interesting with MacIver, loads of managers have seen something in him but McGlynn the first one to really get it all out of him, right role and right people around him. Big challenge for him a level up but he's good enough and main thing again will be can he get enough goals. Brings so much through bringing others into the game but will obviously need a decent return himself. If he could finish consistently he could go still higher but hard to learn that composure. 

Going back to the Binos, there were aspects of their performance on Saturday that were ok. They created more chances against us than Kelty, QoS or Annan did and looked decent going forwards at times. The fundamental issue was the keeper. Goals change games and if you're gifting the opposition a two goal lead you aren't going to win very often. It was absolutely ideal for us as it brought Stirling out a bit and allowed us to roast their slow defence. But if Stirling can avoid the calamitous goalkeeping they've got enough to stay up. 

Edited by Waspie

That first goal was the worst goalkeeping error I can remember seeing in person (followed by David Hutton picking up an obvious backpass). Second was a decent save but unfortunately it dropped straight to Wales.

Hope Stirling do enough to stay up, would be good to have them and Stenny in the league next season.

19 minutes ago, Rory said:

That first goal was the worst goalkeeping error I can remember seeing in person (followed by David Hutton picking up an obvious backpass). Second was a decent save but unfortunately it dropped straight to Wales.

Hope Stirling do enough to stay up, would be good to have them and Stenny in the league next season.

Yeah really poor goalkeeping , after the abuse he was getting after his mistakes last week probably didn't help himself to get back in the good books. 

Well by the end of the season, there might only be 2 Forth Valley teams left in League One 😉

16 hours ago, LoganAAFC said:

To be fair on a young vloggers YouTube video from the game I seen Taggart removing it but didn't see him getting told off. But on your first point, I remember in the 4-1 win against Cove in February being behind the goal and think when the 4th goal went in the players came over and celebrating with is and remember one of the security started grabbing me and another lad out the way, only him doing it by the way and no one else. DId seem an angry fella 

yes i have seen some fans from opposing sides being"ushered" shall we say out of the ground , they have to be very careful here because a mischeivous fan could make something of it with potential assault charge , not likely but possible with intention ,