Junior Takeover

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well maybe because Talbot didnt have people within the sjfa conspiring to have them kicked out the league for having the audacity to want to get licensed? Agree that not every fan base has the negative opinion of it, but we do, and ill be honest i worry that if the sjfa stealth takeover happens then that ill feeling will return. These other fan groups might not care and thats fine, but we care, so if you dont then i mean just dont come on the thread where it’s being discussed?

Of course I care. Your club got what they wanted, they got out of the junior set up. It's just been unfortunate that the other big lads came too and essentially spoiled your party. The only thing wrong with the pyramid for me is that champions have to play in a play off rather than get straight promotion. Well, that and the B teams stink. 

From the outside it looks like there are two options available to Clydebank. Win the league or apply to the SoS. 

Oh and smashing out the same tired response telling clubs to eff off back to the juniors is hardly discussing it.

Edited by jimbaxters

9 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Are you sure about that? Seems to be enough people in positions in the league where this topic keeps coming up, its not just the fans

No, but it would be very surprising.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Of course I care. Your club got what they wanted, they got out of the junior set up. It's just been unfortunate that the other big lads came too and essentially spoiled your party. The only thing wrong with the pyramid for me is that champions have to play in a play off rather than get straight promotion. Well, that and the B teams stink. 

From the outside it looks like there are two options available to Clydebank. Win the league or apply to the SoS. 

Oh and smashing out the same tired response telling clubs to eff off back to the juniors is hardly discussing it.

We’ll need to agree to disagree. There is an ignore function btw. 

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I dont see what the problem is here, just rival fans bickering/winding up

Yes Clydebank got what they wanted, the chance to progress and licensed, so its up to them to win the league, doesn't matter when, some day they might.  I don't think its negative that other big boys joined as well, if Clydebank are not good enough to win the league because other teams have won it then it's something they need to deal with and sort.
Agreed about the pyramid, it is wrong that the champions of the WOSFL have to play in the playoff but right now that's out of our control but I believe it will change in the future.

Your not looking at it from the outside, you support a rival team.
The SOS league is not an option, Clydebank can just get on with it and some day they may win the league.
I like the WOSFL the way it is, there are great divisions and many exciting teams and games in each division and ideal for the neutral fan to choose from so many each week.

One thing that screams "pathetic child-like inability to deal with difference of opinion" more than red dots is the ignore function.

Maybe the echo chamber of the Bankies forum is the best place for some of you?

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

One thing that screams "pathetic child-like inability to deal with difference of opinion" more than red dots is the ignore function.

Sorry folks, I didn't see, did Shanner say something

<<< just couldnt help myself, sorry 🤣🤣

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

To be blunt, there was no good reason to continue the way things were in 2020. Or 2017, or even earlier, as it stood in the juniors.

The challenge for anyone arguing otherwise, or wanting to go back to those days, is disproving the above. In a way that avoids lazy rehashes of "long journeys" or "low crowds".

With the pyramid... it took almost ten years in England for it to solidify with automatic promotion and relegation in the 1980s. And into the 2000s before it became yet more fluid. It will take time in Scotland, too.

Edited by Josuke Higashikata

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Question asked and answered.

Oh just for context for newcomers.

When the Lowland League floated the WoSFL Auchinleck Talbot was the club that issued the statement supporting the SJFA 

Edited by clansman

2 minutes ago, clansman said:

Question asked and answered.

Oh just for context for newcomers.

When the Lowland League floated the WoSFL Auchinleck Talbot was the club that issued the statement supporting the SJFA 

And?

14 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Im happy to have a difference of opinion, yer man from Milan was the one giving it ‘i dont want to read…’. If he doesnt want to read or is bored of reading its really not my responsibility to post something he wants to read. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No one forced any club to join any new west league. If they are dissatisfied with the current set up they should start their junior league back up. 

That's no how it came across at the time, pretty certain I recall reading comments to that effect. 

Anyhow the WOSFL in my view is doing nicely other than no team moving up to the LL as yet. 

Sure it will happen eventually just frustrating at the moment with all the shenanigans with licensed and non licensed clubs.

Just wish you would all stop bitching at one another; curtail the accusations and counter accusations flying about and work together on opening up licensing and promotion/relegation to the LL.

1 minute ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

That's no how it came across at the time, pretty certain I recall reading comments to that effect. 

Anyhow the WOSFL in my view is doing nicely other than no team moving up to the LL as yet. 

Sure it will happen eventually just frustrating at the moment with all the shenanigans with licensed and non licensed clubs.

Just wish you would all stop bitching at one another; curtail the accusations and counter accusations flying about and work together on opening up licensing and promotion/relegation to the LL.

Out of all this, who wants to go up, who doesn't, who is licensed who isn't, when people look back in a couple, five, even 10 years time, they will see that the WOSFL didn't have any teams promoted to the Lowland league while the EOSFL did many times, so in everyone's mind when looking back, this is telling us, that the EOSFL is better because the proof is there🤐😰

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Out of all this, who wants to go up, who doesn't, who is licensed who isn't, when people look back in a couple, five, even 10 years time, they will see that the WOSFL didn't have any teams promoted to the Lowland league while the EOSFL did many times, so in everyone's mind when looking back, this is telling us, that the EOSFL is better because the proof is there🤐😰

Looking at the WOS from the outside there is this perception that clubs are 'frightened' to be the first. What is there to be nervous about being in the LL, apart from the pesky b teams, it is now stacked with 'proper' clubs from the SPFL and EOS. 

Grasp the nettle, the LL will probably become one of the most competitive leagues in the system and if there is proper movement between it and tiers 4 and 6 no club should be 'trapped' in it.

Brave New World as Mr Huxley once said.

Simple answer to all this is to ask the man what his intentions are.

Has anyone thought about doing that?

Picking up the phone and asking him or meeting up with him at the next Gartcairn game.

How about one of the many podcasts just inviting him for a chat?

Go on, you know you want too.

Just now, Casper Wilson said:

Simple answer to all this is to ask the man what his intentions are.

Has anyone thought about doing that?

Picking up the phone and asking him or meeting up with him at the next Gartcairn game.

How about one of the many podcasts just inviting him for a chat?

Go on, you know you want too.

Or perhaps not.

It wouldn't suit the agenda of some of you.

Might ruin the conspiracy theories.