Livingston v Aberdeen - 06/04/24

2 minutes ago, Clangers said:

No it’s definitely not! My boy has played on both pitches multiple times, and there is no way there can be a comparison, the Livvy pitch is definitely worse than East Fifes and I won’t start rating it against local council/ school pitches but it wouldn’t score highly 

Ok, same company, same standard of pitch they used, same company laid them too, so only difference is the location. 

Pitch discussion hasn't happened much this season, almost as if it's only a problem when we don't lose. 

No one will disagree that ours looks weirdly shiny and shite but anyone pretending the problem is more than aesthetic is just deliberately being an idiot.

Would be interested for anyone to point out any specific point the pitch being artificial actually affected today's game? Won't hold my breath

34 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

See this is where your argument falls apart. No pitch is the same as every other pitch, St Johnstone's isn't the same as every other pitch, neither is Dundee's, even Celtic's pitch was criticized by their own manager, not long after he criticized ours. It's just generic nonsense and based on how they think ours looks.

Afaik plastic pitches have to pass an inspection every season, and be of Uefa standard, which ours obviously has, but there is no such standard grass pitches are required to be, maybe should have that in place then your opening line might hold water.  

Not quite having your argument here. A grass pitch varies , yes. Say it’s dry and sunny for a month in April (haha I know) and the grass firms up. Well it’s kind of similar everywhere with grass. 
Your teams pitch is significantly different in the way it plays, it’s just not reasonable. 
Your argument would mean there’s nothing wrong if a team plays on a concrete pitch or maybe a rubber mat pitch. All pitches are different so what’s the problem?

Edited by 1GregStewart

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Pitch discussion hasn't happened much this season, almost as if it's only a problem when we don't lose. 

No one will disagree that ours looks weirdly shiny and shite but anyone pretending the problem is more than aesthetic is just deliberately being an idiot.

Would be interested for anyone to point out any specific point the pitch being artificial actually affected today's game? Won't hold my breath

Are you joking? Standard passes from both sides would hit the ground in front of a player and zip off the turf at a rate of noughts.

Don't hate astro as much as others but the Livi one is obviously of a lower standard than Killies.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Are you joking? Standard passes from both sides would hit the ground in front of a player and zip off the turf at a rate of noughts.

Don't hate astro as much as others but the Livi one is obviously of a lower standard than Killies.

Can you give me a timestamp of highlights, or post a clip? Shouldn't be difficult if it was standard passes

Sounds like the surface was wet, so interested to see if it's as wildly different as what you'd see on a grass surface

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Can you give me a timestamp of highlights, or post a clip? Shouldn't be difficult if it was standard passes

Sounds like the surface was wet, so interested to see if it's as wildly different as what you'd see on a grass surface

I'm sure Livi TV will have the highlights or full match uploaded.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'm sure Livi TV will have the highlights or full match uploaded.

Perfect, if you can point me to a couple of these passes I'd appreciate it

Cheers

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Gets boring seeing it mentioned in every match thread, we laid it during pre season after winning the Premiership play offs, so that's 6 years it's been down. And it still gets rolled out on every match thread. In a way it's something to have that really annoys everyone, which is always funny, but ffs, you'd think you'd all get bored going on about it.

That should actually tell you how bad the pitch is. 

Some of the takes on the pitch are absolutely wild :lol: but it is boring chat for a match thread so that’s that. 

Did notice on redtv that gartenmann blamed the conditions for the fact there were some aimless passes. Pull the other one stefan :lol:

11 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Perfect, if you can point me to a couple of these passes I'd appreciate it

Cheers

There was an all too rare bonnie through ball from Clarkson midway through the second half where Duk looked like he was in and the ball bounced up and hit him on the coupon.

Whether that was the pitch or poor control is up for debate.

AFC need to demand in the strongest terms to that the offside line that was used to adjudicate that decision is released to the broadcasters. At first it looked a no brainer, but that Livi guy on the far side look suspiciously like he played everyone in red onside.

Edited by tarapoa

12 hours ago, Clangers said:

Just to clarify he has played on Raiths, Livvy and there is no comparison. (Not sure how many time I am allowed to say comparison?)

That's how you know it's a load of shite, both pitches were laid in the same summer, by the same company, with the same product. The only difference between the pitches is that they have green pellets and we have black (they, and Hamilton used them all up). Ours is technically 1 month newer than Raith's. 

25 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

There was an all too rare bonnie through ball from Clarkson midway through the second half where Duk looked like he was in and the ball bounced up and hit him on the coupon.

Whether that was the pitch or poor control is up for debate.

AFC need to demand in the strongest terms to that the offside line that was used to adjudicate that decision is released to the broadcasters. At first it looked a no brainer, but that Livi guy on the far side look suspiciously like he played everyone in red onside.

That was technically ‘poor control’ but it was fired into him at pace at probably knee height, was a very difficult one to take and he wasn’t that far off managing it. Great ball though. 

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That should actually tell you how bad the pitch is. 

Certainly tells me how much people need to get over it, after 6 seasons playing us on it. 

As i said it becomes a badge of honour that it annoys people so much, usually gets a mention pre match, even by managers (esp the erse cheeks) which shows how much it lives rent free in their heads. Then as an excuse post match for not playing well against us (not so much this season).

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

13 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Not quite having your argument here. A grass pitch varies , yes. Say it’s dry and sunny for a month in April (haha I know) and the grass firms up. Well it’s kind of similar everywhere with grass. 
Your teams pitch is significantly different in the way it plays, it’s just not reasonable. 
Your argument would mean there’s nothing wrong if a team plays on a concrete pitch or maybe a rubber mat pitch. All pitches are different so what’s the problem?

It isn't in Winter though is it, and that's where we see a big proportion of the season played, the pitches are vastly different. As i mentioned, even the richest club in Scotland's pitch was criticized by their own manager. Dundee's has been flooded several times, and was in poor condition yesterday, some parts covered in sand, St Johnstone's was like a tattie field, i'd argue ours is even better than some of the grass pitches over the Winter, certainly isn't any worse.

38 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Certainly tells me how much people need to get over it, after 6 seasons playing us on it. 

As i said it becomes a badge of honour that it annoys people so much, usually gets a mention pre match, even by managers (esp the erse cheeks) which shows how much it lives rent free in their heads. Then as an excuse post match for not playing well against us (not so much this season).

Why should people "get over it"? It's truly shit and nine times out of ten it makes for a shit match.