Best Squad in the League vs The Championees

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Torn between wanting ICT to be relegated and Hamilton to stay down.

Alloa v Montrose playoff final it is.

Alloa or Montrose up, ICT or (better) QP down. 

Good Belhaven pubs in Alloa and Montrose too. 

13 hours ago, StuartA said:

Alloa or Montrose up, ICT or (better) QP down. 

Good Belhaven pubs in Alloa and Montrose too. 

This, but I think Inverness will win the playoffs

I actually fancy Hamilton to get through the play offs, they’re points total would suggest they are not a bad side. In any other normal season they would quite possibly be sitting top of the league or at least still in contention, this Falkirk side going on a season long run of form like it has is extraordinary and can’t really be legislated for, it’s for that reason I think the Hamilton fans are overly harsh on Rankin. He probably deserves a 2nd crack at it in the same way McGlynn did after finishing 2nd last season. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

He probably deserves a 2nd crack at it in the same way McGlynn did after finishing 2nd last season. 

This is what some Falkirk fans don't seem to get. This is his second crack at it after he relegated us last season again tbf to him it wasn't fully down to him last season however a better manager would have still of kept us up we definitely had a better squad than Cove and Arbroath. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

This is what some Falkirk fans don't seem to get. This was is his second crack at it after he relegated us last season again tbf to him it wasn't fully down to him last season however a better manager would have still of kept us up we definitely had a better squad than Cove and Arbroath. 

Welcome Stranger Stock Photo 609659381 | ShutterstockTimmy-trumpet GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY - muzejvojvodine.org.rs

31 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

This is what some Falkirk fans don't seem to get. This is his second crack at it after he relegated us last season again tbf to him it wasn't fully down to him last season however a better manager would have still of kept us up we definitely had a better squad than Cove and Arbroath. 

I hope they keep the fella for no more reason than your meltdowns on here. Mind you I won’t be reading very much in Seaside league forums from June 1st

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I actually fancy Hamilton to get through the play offs, they’re points total would suggest they are not a bad side. In any other normal season they would quite possibly be sitting top of the league or at least still in contention, this Falkirk side going on a season long run of form like it has is extraordinary and can’t really be legislated for, it’s for that reason I think the Hamilton fans are overly harsh on Rankin. He probably deserves a 2nd crack at it in the same way McGlynn did after finishing 2nd last season. 

That we have as many points as we do is more of a reflection of how shite the standard in this league is rather than Rankin being able to motivate or organise a team.

Our players have beans on toast for breakfast, do some 3v3s for a bit, and get a Starbucks on the way home just after lunchtime.

And we’re still miles ahead of everyone bar yourselves.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Stand holds 2,200 I believe. 

Yep, over 1,300 sold so far. Understandably not as many as we took for the game in December but should still be a decent turnout, maybe 1,500 ish 

49 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Fair point, but we went through loads of managers during our banter years, bringing with each change a new squad. It kills the club from within. I’d still bet (and probably will) that Rankin would win next season’s League 1 with a similar squad. 

Just now, StuartA said:

I’d still bet (and probably will) that Rankin would win next season’s League 1 with a similar squad. 

As above I don't think this happening would be saying very much.

QotS and Cove as full-time teams would be my only concern with this tbh - they might see you lot finally buggering off as a great opportunity to get out of this league and strengthen.

This squad we have, with a decent manager, should be able to deal with that. But Rankin would worry me - he's too passive and lacks the ruthlessness to put teams to the sword. He'd leave the door open for sure.

I'd be up for taking McCall off Clyde's hands.

I get the chat about Accies point total, but you also have to factor in how few points Edinburgh have picked up compared to the bottom of the league last year, and how bad QoS have been.  Compared to last year I would say the quality of the league is slightly worse.

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

Fair point, but we went through loads of managers during our banter years, bringing with each change a new squad. It kills the club from within. I’d still bet (and probably will) that Rankin would win next season’s League 1 with a similar squad. 

Yeah I can understand that however I still think a new manager is a requirement with us even if we were to go up i wouldn't put it past Rankin to take us straight back down. We seen Paul Hartley walked this league with Cove a few seasons ago then went to Hartlepool and ended up back at Cove around January time and they were comfortably 8th and I think they only beat Partick and Arbroath since he came back and they went back down.

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

That we have as many points as we do is more of a reflection of how shite the standard in this league is rather than Rankin being able to motivate or organise a team.

Our players have beans on toast for breakfast, do some 3v3s for a bit, and get a Starbucks on the way home just after lunchtime.

And we’re still miles ahead of everyone bar yourselves.

Would you have finished any higher than 2nd place this season with any other manager ?

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah I can understand that however I still think a new manager is a requirement with us even if we were to go up i wouldn't put it past Rankin to take us straight back down. We seen Paul Hartley walked this league with Cove a few seasons ago then went to Hartlepool and ended up back at Cove around January time and they were comfortably 8th and I think they only beat Partick and Arbroath since he came back and they went back down.

I say this as a hypocrite because I probably called for every Falkirk manager who was sacked over the past 5/6 years to be sacked at the time.  But the risk isn’t just the player turnover, which is damage in itself, but also appointing a manager who isn’t up to getting your club promoted straight away. Hartley, Mackinnon, Sheerin, probably others my brain has rightly expunged all memory of. 

If your new owner is putting some cash in to make up for the lack of income elsewhere, then great, but who knows how much he has? All my instincts are telling me that sacking Rankin would be a big gamble. 

Should really start by sacking the bawbag DOF that decided it was a good idea to claim you were signing 3 of our players in January. That helped fuel our fire.

Then there's the mental media posts you lot were putting out that made nursery macaroni art look like a banksy painting in comparison. That does appear to have improved lately right enough.

Edited by FFC 1876

33 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I say this as a hypocrite because I probably called for every Falkirk manager who was sacked over the past 5/6 years to be sacked at the time.  But the risk isn’t just the player turnover, which is damage in itself, but also appointing a manager who isn’t up to getting your club promoted straight away. Hartley, Mackinnon, Sheerin, probably others my brain has rightly expunged all memory of. 

If your new owner is putting some cash in to make up for the lack of income elsewhere, then great, but who knows how much he has? All my instincts are telling me that sacking Rankin would be a big gamble. 

Yeah I think you do make a couple of fair points however it's fair to say that Falkirk have certainly got some appointments wrong I wouldn't want any of those 3 managers that you named anywhere near Accies. As far as I'm aware Rankin's contract is up af the end of the season so it wouldn't cost us any money to get rid of him. With what you said about it being a risk which it would be I think you could make that point about any club in the SPFL about removing their manager it would also be a huge risk keeping Rankin and giving him another year if we do lose the playoffs this season like I think we will and we don't go up next season then we are going to be here for a long time and possibly longer than what Falkirk were here for.