1 hour ago, tam the bud said:

Thankfully no bigots teams can win the league in Paisley. 

My sympathy for any other team and their fans who might have to watch 1 of them doing so.  

I'm now dreading playing Celtic on the 15th May at Rugby Park when I think it is likely if they win they will then win the league that night, as I fully expect them to beat Rangers the previous weekend. 

Nothing worse than either of the bigots winning the league at your own ground. 

6 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I'm now dreading playing Celtic on the 15th May at Rugby Park when I think it is likely if they win they will then win the league that night, as I fully expect them to beat Rangers the previous weekend. 

Tell me about it  😭

No idea when the league was last won at Dens, not in the last 20 years anyway.  One of the few advantages of being a yo-yo team.

Now that I’ve opened that can of worms I’m dreading that the answers might be 41 years so if anyone could prove me wrong that’d be great.

5 minutes ago, Handsome John said:

They tried it once at Fir Park… 😉

And what a day it was. Remember it like it was yesterday.

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

WTAF!!!!

3 times to the piggery in one season.

Should have been Celtic, Hearts and Kilmarnock at home, Rangers and Dundee away..

Luckily for you St Mirren qualified for Europe last September.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

I wish we could say the same but we've got Celtic at RP on the the anniversary of Tommy Burns death and the possibility of clinching the title.

On the plus side, I can see the govan conspiracy theorists having an absolute meltdown if it happened.

The govan conspiracy theorists register on my don't-give-a-f**k-ometer somewhere between Love Island and Moldovan street hockey. 

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

It only becomes slightly acceptable if you can cause massive pain and angst to Hearts in the process.

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

On the bright side, they might need something from us, and we can beat them and stop them winning the title. 

Don't give a f**k who wins it, as long as we can annoy one of them along the way. 

Edited by deadasdillinger

11 minutes ago, Hendo said:

It only becomes slightly acceptable if you can cause massive pain and angst to Hearts in the process.

😀

Before my time but two of the four "Champions of Scotland" titles Hearts have won, were won at Love Street - 1957-58 and 1959-60 with a 4-4 draw and a 3-2 win.  Back then the Saints fans politely applauded the Champions...........

Interestingly Rangers finish at Tynecastle this season with their much reduced number of tickets. Cue massive media "unrest" at how unfair it is that they get so few tickets lol. If it is a decider then things will get very interesting. As its the week before the Final, in the (probably unlikely) scenario we are in the final, we might play a weakened team to rest players for the final. Celtic fans who demur at this can look back at Martin O'Neill playing a weakened team v Killie last game once (resting players for the final as they'd won the league already) and losing to Killie thus letting Killie finish just ahead of Hearts for a European slot. O'Neill said it was his right to do this and no fine given, so "logically" Hearts would not be fined 😀 (Yes, we all know that would not be the case!)

44 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

We also had Rangers in '91 and won 3-0 and someone else recently posted about beating Celtic (I think in the 70's) when they visited Fir Park to win the league.

Can’t believe I forgot about Rangers in ‘91 too. That was a glorious victory. 

10 hours ago, stu2910 said:

No idea when the league was last won at Dens, not in the last 20 years anyway.  One of the few advantages of being a yo-yo team.

Now that I’ve opened that can of worms I’m dreading that the answers might be 41 years so if anyone could prove me wrong that’d be great.

Celtic 1986 . . .

So if this title goes down to the final day. 

Say perhaps St Mirren get a result against Celtic (eg win/draw/only lose by x goals) to boost their chances of European fitba.

But Hearts “contrive” to lose against their loyal cousins that means The Rangers win their 2nd ever top flight championship.

Will Jambos be vilified decades after for lying down?

Will Lawrence Shankland be spotted celebrating in the away dressing room?

No need for half n half scarves or flags at Tynecastle that day! 😂 

IMG_9085.thumb.webp.060d6bc49b93d282068415a0b2065524.webpIMG_9084.webp.55a25b1d0b90c8ab72f37c9ce8e733bd.webpIMG_9083.thumb.jpeg.a55c5508ae12bdc107e260fa627bdb94.jpeg

Obviously this can go the other way….

And no doubt fans will post this image:

IMG_5476.webp.bc4d8b07200412ab17b9e8c6a9a1f61d.webp

what you likely won’t be able to post is St Mirren fans waving Irish tricolours.

Really not happy that we are going to Parkhead on last day of the season for the third time which is unfair. 

6 minutes ago, Molotov said:

So if this title goes down to the final day. 

Say perhaps St Mirren get a result against Celtic (eg win/draw/only lose by x goals) to boost their chances of European fitba.

But Hearts “contrive” to lose against their loyal cousins that means The Rangers win their 2nd ever top flight championship.

Will Jambos be vilified decades after for lying down?

Will Lawrence Shankland be spotted celebrating in the away dressing room?

No need for half n half scarves or flags at Tynecastle that day! 😂 

IMG_9085.thumb.webp.060d6bc49b93d282068415a0b2065524.webpIMG_9084.webp.55a25b1d0b90c8ab72f37c9ce8e733bd.webpIMG_9083.thumb.jpeg.a55c5508ae12bdc107e260fa627bdb94.jpeg

Did my 1986 post touch a nerve?

😁

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Did my 1986 post touch a nerve?

😁

Nah. Not really. I just would rather that the league had got the fixtures scheduled fairly for St Mirren as we should not be playing Celtic away for the third time and Rangers at home for the third. It’s bollox. 

I’ve seen far better teams than the one that played against Celtic that day get pumped worse than that score line. 
We had ex Rangers goalie Jim Stewart in goals and I don’t remember him making one save. 
Still at least he played unlike Craig Levein. 😂 Bottle merchant. 

13 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

I'll console myself with Europe. 

Also, i'm looking it from the viewpoint that we have two chances to ruin their seasons between now and end of the season. 

21 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Sky want it on a specific date and they're waiting to see if it them becomes a potential title decider.

Tbh they shoukd just schedule it last day and leave the issues to the police, it's hardly unpolicable, the do cup finals which are logistically much worse regularly

Although why Sky would want it to kick off simultaneously with Fulham vs Man City is another question