9 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Can we have Rangers or Celtic last game of the season to stop them winning the league. 

I have been fantasising about that, too. Shadenfreude! 😁

It will be especially hilarious as it will make them greet even more about only getting one stand! 🤣 It will also make the game exciting if there's nothing for us to play for.

If Dundee make top 6 each team will have to play another team 3 times either home/away. Rangers, Hearts and Killie will all be due 2 more home games to make 19/19 but all are due 3 of the others at home a 2nd time. With Killie being the only team of those 3 due another home game against Celtic that one will be switched to an away game, leaving Rangers and Hearts to have to travel to St. Mirren/Dundee for a 3rd time. Rangers at Dundee a 3rd time and Hearts at St. Mirren a 3rd time if I had to guess

IMG_1972.jpeg

Has Celtic or Rangers/The Rangers ever been the ones to have one less home game, has happened to Livi a couple of times and we've only had 2 shortish spells in the top flight.

Would be refreshing if they're treated the same as everyone else, but i know the paranoia from their fans complaining the SPFL were biased towards the other side would be off the scale.

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Has Celtic or Rangers/The Rangers ever been the ones to have one less home game, has happened to Livi a couple of times and we've only had 2 shortish spells in the top flight.

Would be refreshing if they're treated the same as everyone else, but i know the paranoia from their fans complaining the SPFL were biased towards the other side would be off the scale.

Are you sure about that? What you’re saying is you’ve had a 20/18 split in the past? Surely that’s not right? I know sometimes after the split you have to go somewhere for the 3rd time to even things up, but I didn’t think you could play 2 more away games than home games or vice versa. That’s grossly unfair. 

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Are you sure about that? What you’re saying is you’ve had a 20/18 split in the past? Surely that’s not right? I know sometimes after the split you have to go somewhere for the 3rd time to even things up, but I didn’t think you could play 2 more away games than home games or vice versa. That’s grossly unfair. 

The 19/19 split is predicated on the right combination of teams ending up in each half (i.e. 3 teams who have played 16H/17A and 3 teams who have played 17H/16A prior to the split). If that doesn't happen, it's an unavoidable reality that at least one team will lose a home game and another team will gain one.

It's happened quite a few times as summarised in this @craigkilliepost:

8 hours ago, Wilsons14 said:

If Dundee make top 6 each team will have to play another team 3 times either home/away. Rangers, Hearts and Killie will all be due 2 more home games to make 19/19 but all are due 3 of the others at home a 2nd time. With Killie being the only team of those 3 due another home game against Celtic that one will be switched to an away game, leaving Rangers and Hearts to have to travel to St. Mirren/Dundee for a 3rd time. Rangers at Dundee a 3rd time and Hearts at St. Mirren a 3rd time if I had to guess

IMG_1972.jpeg

I think they're less likely to play about with the fixtures for the title race, and are more likely to send us to Dens Park for a third time and Hearts to Paisley for a third time in this scenario.

10 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

It will be especially hilarious as it will make them greet even more about only getting one stand! 🤣 It will also make the game exciting if there's nothing for us to play for.

Rumour I've heard is that St Mirren v Killie will be on the last day. 

(apply salt liberally to this)

23 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

For St Johnstone:
Home:
 Hibernian, Motherwell
Away: Aberdeen, Livingston, Ross County

That means we travel to. Aberdeen and Dingwall 3 times while Motherwell travel to Perth 3 times. Switch the County and Motherwell games and it seems more likely 

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Rumour I've heard is that St Mirren v Killie will be on the last day. 

(apply salt liberally to this)

If I was tasked with organising the fixtures, I'd send one of the Old Firm to Rugby Park on the last day - given that Killie have beaten Old Firm opposition there three times already this season. I'd send Hearts to whichever one was playing at home.

Any other league in the world would make their equivalent of the Old Firm the final match of the season, surely? 

1 minute ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Any other league in the world would make their equivalent of the Old Firm the final match of the season, surely? 

Possibly, though I can't say I blame them too much in wanting to avoid the games being title deciders as much as possible. I think they've made it a conscious effort since the split was introduced the year after the 1999 'Shame Game' at Celtic Park.

8 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

If I was tasked with organising the fixtures, I'd send one of the Old Firm to Rugby Park on the last day - given that Killie have beaten Old Firm opposition there three times already this season. I'd send Hearts to whichever one was playing at home.

Would also save them the hire of a helicopter.

18 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Good luck if you get the chance to destroy their hopes and dreams. 

Looking at the bottom 6

If Dundee are in the top 6 then St Johnstone will travel to Aberdeen a 3rd time

St Johnstone:17+3(Aberdeen,Hibernian,Ross County) = 20
Hibernian:17+2(Aberdeen,Motherwell) = 19
Livingston:16+3(Hibernian,Ross County,St Johnstone) = 19
Motherwell:17+2(Livingston,St Johnstone) = 19
Ross County:16+3(Aberdeen,Hibernian,Motherwell) = 19
Aberdeen:16+2(Livingston,Motherwell) = 18

Otherwise it looks as if Aberdeen will end up with 18 home games 

If Motherwell make it  Dundee and St Johnstone will each have  a third vist to Hibs or Aberdeen

Dundee:16+4(Aberdeen,Hibernian,Livingston,St Johnstone) = 20
St Johnstone:17+3(Aberdeen,Hibernian,Ross County) = 20
Livingston:16+3(Hibernian,Ross County,St Johnstone) = 19
Ross County:16+3(Aberdeen,Dundee,Hibernian) = 19
Hibernian:17+1(Aberdeen) = 18
Aberdeen:16+1(Livingston) = 17

If Hibs make it then Livingston will host  Motherwell while Hibs are getting the extra Home Game

Motherwell:17+3(Dundee,Livingston,St Johnstone) = 20
Ross County:16+3(Aberdeen,Dundee,Motherwell) = 19
St Johnstone:17+2(Aberdeen,Ross County) = 19
Dundee:16+3(Aberdeen,Livingston,St Johnstone) = 19
Livingston:16+2(Ross County,St Johnstone) = 18
Aberdeen:16+2(Livingston,Motherwell) = 18

But given the season they've had Aberdeen fans probably see that as a mercy

Having reviewed the games schedule, I expect the following post-split games.

April 27/28

Celtic v Rangers

May4/5

Rangers v St Mirren

Kilmarnock V Celtic

May 11/12

Celtic v Motherwell/Hibs/Dundee

Hearts v Rangers

May 14/15 (mid-week fixtures)

St Mirren v Celtic

Rangers v Kilmarnock

May 18th

Celtic v Hearts

Motherwell/Hibs/Dundee v Rangers

I think we all know that the SPFL will have the OF face off first game to avoid either winning it on the last game .

Don't know if Sky can influence this and seek to get more than 1.66 M watching. Also PL final games are also on May 19th so Sky will have no great interest in Scottish games on that day unless we play top 6 on Saturday and bottom 6 on Sunday.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Craigkillie told me

The top 6 are on a Saturday and the bottom 6 are on a Sunday - that has been the case for the last few seasons and I think has already been confirmed for this season too.

Whether we are in the top 6 or bottom 6, I just hope we get the fans that'd be most pissed off about our pitch at Dens on here. So for top 6 give us Rangers and Kilmarnock at Dens.

Bottom 6? Aberdeen.

The rest will work itself out.

On 09/04/2024 at 18:02, Ludo*1 said:

Whether we are in the top 6 or bottom 6, I just hope we get the fans that'd be most pissed off about our pitch at Dens on here. So for top 6 give us Rangers and Kilmarnock at Dens.

Bottom 6? Aberdeen.

The rest will work itself out.

Get yourself to Dens Park for a photo shoot with a garden hose watering the pitch.