Rovers v Airdrie - Tuesday 09/04

37 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Connolly is left footed and is played on the right. 

If Mullin is more dangerous why are his stats worse than Connolly having played more games? I'd say Connolly is more dangerous and in fact contributed more than Mullin in an attacking sense. Stats don't lie. Defensively both have put in shifts. People see what they want to see, doesn't mean that it's correct. Facts are facts. 

He's not played on the right it is his preferred position anywhere else means he's played put of position.

1 hour ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Connolly this season I believe has played 23 games 3 goals 5 assists

Last season, 33 games 10 goals an 5 assists. 

I'd say those stats aren't that bad considering a 10 game deficit. 

Josh Mullin 28 games 1 goal and 5 assists. Why are you not slagging him off? He's also started more games than Connolly and is naturally right footed

I agree, I don't think he's been as effective at times but to say you don't know what he's bringing is borderline stupid. 

You’ve got me with that one. The stats don’t lie as they say.
Think all our wide players have had some poor games at times this season-including Easton. 
Think Connolly misses a Millen behind him on the overlap. A lot of misplaced passes and poor touches at times.

Think all our wide players put in a right good shift these days.

Still surprised McGill has never got more game time on the right side.Looked better than Connolly or Mullin had been in recent weeks when he came on against Queens Park.

12 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

How much is the PPV for us people who live "abroad"?

I'd be surprised if they don't offer a PPV for UK viewers too.  When we do this though it's usually announced pretty late on so as not to encourage anyone considering going to the game to just stay at home instead.

1 hour ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

How much is the PPV for us people who live "abroad"?

Commonly £15 for such, which is why a months subscription makes sense at £19.99.

1 hour ago, SerieA said:

You’ve got me with that one. The stats don’t lie as they say.
Think all our wide players have had some poor games at times this season-including Easton. 
Think Connolly misses a Millen behind him on the overlap. A lot of misplaced passes and poor touches at times.

Think all our wide players put in a right good shift these days.

Still surprised McGill has never got more game time on the right side.Looked better than Connolly or Mullin had been in recent weeks when he came on against Queens Park.

Mate I'm shocked about McGill aswell. When he played earlier in the season, he didn't really put a foot wrong. He's also got a bit of height about him. 

Winger wise we've been crying out for an Ethan Ross type player. There's absolutely no pace in the team, which has also hindered. We chop and change most games so get no continuity either. Our big problem is Murray has no clue on our best 11. Unfortunately our midfield are incapable of controlling a game when we play 4 but when we play 5 we are much better that generally means Lewy has to be sacrificed as he can't hold up a ball. Fans get pissed because he's our best player, but unfortunately dropping him may be for the greater good against some teams, he's also a great pair of fresh legs to come on. 

The team needs overhauled, there's no denying it. How we are in the position we are in, is astounding considering we haven't played well since we beat Utd at Tannadice. I think it's just a really shitey bunch of teams this year and we have been the better of a bad bunch. 

33 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Mate I'm shocked about McGill aswell. When he played earlier in the season, he didn't really put a foot wrong. He's also got a bit of height about him. 

Winger wise we've been crying out for an Ethan Ross type player. There's absolutely no pace in the team, which has also hindered. We chop and change most games so get no continuity either. Our big problem is Murray has no clue on our best 11. Unfortunately our midfield are incapable of controlling a game when we play 4 but when we play 5 we are much better that generally means Lewy has to be sacrificed as he can't hold up a ball. Fans get pissed because he's our best player, but unfortunately dropping him may be for the greater good against some teams, he's also a great pair of fresh legs to come on. 

The team needs overhauled, there's no denying it. How we are in the position we are in, is astounding considering we haven't played well since we beat Utd at Tannadice. I think it's just a really shitey bunch of teams this year and we have been the better of a bad bunch. 

I love coming in here it’s a rare laugh. 

15 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

McGill was a strange signing for Raith as Murray used him as a utility player when at Airdrie, he rarely featured as a starter when everyone was fit. He was still young at that point though and gave the ball away far too easily for me but perhaps understandable due to his age. Can only assume Murray seen a lot of improvement in him and he wouldn't be on a huge wage. 

Not sure you need "overhauled" though!

42 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Legitimately a moronic opinion. 

Despite the banter Airdrie have been scarily brilliant this season. Rhys McCabe certainly has our number thats for sure . Hopefully Murray has the balls to get some much needed revenge on them on Tuesday. The manager really needs to stop the tinkering and stick to a team formation. 

20 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Raith Rovers have the same money to spend for the past few seasons, where is this 'money' you speak of?

ae613d8e-ff30-43d5-8167-8bb78f560bfe.thumb.jpeg.d3fec097815ddaf1743b94c5dc22830a.jpeg

Found the money. Half a million pounds pumped into Raith in January.

I’m not jealous 🤥

It’s gone in as shares which means it can’t come back out and so a real good news story for Raith fans.

403jdu.jpg

8 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

ae613d8e-ff30-43d5-8167-8bb78f560bfe.thumb.jpeg.d3fec097815ddaf1743b94c5dc22830a.jpeg

Found the money. Half a million pounds pumped into Raith in January.

I’m not jealous 🤥

It’s gone in as shares which means it can’t come back out and so a real good news story for Raith fans.

He'll be back with a glib jibe or sharp picture caption imminently to disprove this...

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A team that remains in a title challenge with five matches to go needs overhauled. :1eye

We're exactly the same.  only being in the play off positions is a total disaster  McCABE MUST GO 🤣🤣♦️♦️♦️

For the record.

Agreed with Connolly and Mullin situation…nothing else

2 hours ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Did you actually read what you typed before pressing enter?

To be so far ahead in 2nd despite having managed not even one convincing league win all season is freakish. 

I think there's definitely something to be said about the standard of the league, which is absolutely abysmal. 

All in all, it's about the least impressive title challenge I can think of in terms of performance levels, with the highlights all being late winners rather than comprehensive victories or performances.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo