If the definition of madness is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result then everyone on that pitch today is insane. Why Clyde watched Dumbarton the first half and decided to do the same thing was on the distressing side. Clyde got further up the pitch and at least gave Dumbarton something to defend after going behind and that's what should have been happening from half time 

That aside, not sure there's really any meaningful footballing assessment to be made in something that was not really a football match or conclusions that can be drawn for going into the last fixtures. But, for the life of me, I cannot understand McCall's approach to the game. I would absolutely love to hear the logic behind bringing Euan Cameron on. The performance in the second half was baffling. The seeming lack of desire to make any attempt at scoring was curious to say the least. 

For what it's worth, I thought Jordan Allan was offside as well. Cuddihy played the second pass too quickly after the first one was blocked that Allan had been chasing with Allan still behind the defence. 

Edited by PTR

I think we should change our media videos from the pre game training montages to just footage of Euan Cameron in training. That boy must be like Messi at training, because he's done the square root of feck all in any games he's been brought on this season. 

Fair play to both teams today, that was horrible weather and the hail storm in the 2nd half looked sore.

That said, I thought we were better throughout.

Jinkys goal was lovely, but his effort from the kick off or Tonys boot from halfway would have been incredible.

Quite boring to hear our own fans complain about our young goalie trying to kick long in the first half.  His defence might have 750 games between them, if they werent content to play that way then theyd have dropped short.

Edited by sonsanorak

21 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Fair play to both teams today, that was horrible weather and the hail storm in the 2nd half looked sore.

Jinkys goal was lovely, but his effort from the kick off or Tonys boot from halfway would have been incredible.

Quite boring to hear our own fans complain about our young goalie trying to kick long in the first half.  His defence might have 750 games between them, if they werent content to play that way then theyd have dropped short.

Totally agree. Couldn’t understand why the keeper was getting all the abuse. He had no other options as nobody dropping short for it. 

30 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I think we should change our media videos from the pre game training montages to just footage of Euan Cameron in training. That boy must be like Messi at training, because he's done the square root of feck all in any games since he signed. 

FTFY

That was a largely atrocious spectacle. But we deserved to win, and keeping a clean sheet in those circumstances is no easy feat. So fair play to the guys for that.

It's pretty pointless to read a great deal into the game. But I'm glad that we got over the line with three points to keep this decent run going, and there is a real positivity around the place at the moment. I don't think I've ever seen us beat a McCall team before, so that's a nice added bonus.

On the pitch there wasn't a great deal to talk about. Cian Newbury had another good game, neat and tidy in possession and winning plenty of second balls. Finlay Gray and Blair Malcolm both toiled hard and the 'win the midfield, win the game' mantra was proved correct.

Mark Durnan, obviously, is a huge player for us. And he was superb at the back again. It's not just how good he is at defending, it's how much of a leader he is. Barking out orders, demanding things from his teammates. A real standout. This will attract Stenny fans no doubt, but I think he's a better player than Gregor Buchanan. Buchanan has had a superb season (just as he did last year) but if you asked me a straight up if I would swap Durnan for Buchanan I wouldn't. 

Jinky's goal was a superb effort. And all game you felt he had a wee bit of match winning magic in him. Both teams were probably guilty of not shooting enough in the conditions. He was the exception. He's came onto a game recently. Since East Fife he's been really impressive and I think he'd benefitting from starting a run of games for the first time all season.

Having the playoffs secured hopefully means we can now rest a few (and wrap a few in cotton wool) until May. Albeit whilst still hopefully keeping the momentum going. I suspect we'll change things a fair bit for Stranraer next week - not what Clyde fans will want me to say.

I've said since they appointed McCall that Clyde will be fine. Today I actually started to doubt that. I can't put my finger on it, but I didn't get a good vibe from that Clyde team at all.

You can't really judge a side in those conditions. But they didn't look like a side scrapping for their lives. And they didn't really look like a side playing for their manager.

I think they have some excellent players. Lee Hamilton and Jordan Allan especially. But the whole package today just didn't look great. A few players looked like they didn't fancy it, I didn't like McCall hooking Kabia and Rennie at half-time (well I did. But I wouldn't as a Clyde fan) and I think they played a very risky game by attempting to sneak a 0-0 in the second-half. One which, ultimately, backfired.

Even in the first-half they didn't do anywhere near enough with the wind. Corners and free-kicks were basically the only time they looked dangerous. Save for Ray Grant hitting the post with a looping volley. They played us off the park and deservedly won at NDP a few months back. Today? Meh. I didn't see a lot. 

I’d love to hear McCalls explanation for leaving Robbie Leitch on the bench all game and bringing that diddy Cameron on at half time! Absolutely mental. Thought Kabia was one of our better players first half too and had a bit of quality at times so no idea why he was hooked either.

15 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That was a largely atrocious spectacle. But we deserved to win, and keeping a clean sheet in those circumstances is no easy feat. So fair play to the guys for that.

It's pretty pointless to read a great deal into the game. But I'm glad that we got over the line with three points to keep this decent run going, and there is a real positivity around the place at the moment. I don't think I've ever seen us beat a McCall team before, so that's a nice added bonus.

On the pitch there wasn't a great deal to talk about. Cian Newbury had another good game, neat and tidy in possession and winning plenty of second balls. Finlay Gray and Blair Malcolm both toiled hard and the 'win the midfield, win the game' mantra was proved correct.

Mark Durnan, obviously, is a huge player for us. And he was superb at the back again. It's not just how good he is at defending, it's how much of a leader he is. Barking out orders, demanding things from his teammates. A real standout. This will attract Stenny fans no doubt, but I think he's a better player than Gregor Buchanan. Buchanan has had a superb season (just as he did last year) but if you asked me a straight up if I would swap Durnan for Buchanan I wouldn't. 

Jinky's goal was a superb effort. And all game you felt he had a wee bit of match winning magic in him. Both teams were probably guilty of not shooting enough in the conditions. He was the exception. He's came onto a game recently. Since East Fife he's been really impressive and I think he'd benefitting from starting a run of games for the first time all season.

Having the playoffs secured hopefully means we can now rest a few (and wrap a few in cotton wool) until May. Albeit whilst still hopefully keeping the momentum going. I suspect we'll change things a fair bit for Stranraer next week - not what Clyde fans will want me to say.

I've said since they appointed McCall that Clyde will be fine. Today I actually started to doubt that. I can't put my finger on it, but I didn't get a good vibe from that Clyde team at all.

You can't really judge a side in those conditions. But they didn't look like a side scrapping for their lives. And they didn't really look like a side playing for their manager.

I think they have some excellent players. Lee Hamilton and Jordan Allan especially. But the whole package today just didn't look great. A few players looked like they didn't fancy it, I didn't like McCall hooking Kabia and Rennie at half-time (well I did. But I wouldn't as a Clyde fan) and I think they played a very risky game by attempting to sneak a 0-0 in the second-half. One which, ultimately, backfired.

Even in the first-half they didn't do anywhere near enough with the wind. Corners and free-kicks were basically the only time they looked dangerous. Save for Ray Grant hitting the post with a looping volley. They played us off the park and deservedly won at NDP a few months back. Today? Meh. I didn't see a lot. 

Completely agree with what you said as a Clyde fan

2 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Sorry but that’s absolute shite, even if nobody drops short, when a ball goes out of play to the right twice in a row, you would expect the 3rd effort to maybe be aimed slightly to the left to avoid the touch line. That’s just common sense and nothing more.

1 hour ago, PTR said:

Nothing to do with the result, but have I missed a change in what's acceptable as a throw in?

Yes, if you are Gall Lennon you can do it any way you like. You got a problem with that?! 😝

3 hours ago, super-son said:

Sorry but that’s absolute shite, even if nobody drops short, when a ball goes out of play to the right twice in a row, you would expect the 3rd effort to maybe be aimed slightly to the left to avoid the touch line. That’s just common sense and nothing more.

You don't understand, mate. The players are perfect, we just need to clap more.

The criticism Hogarth received was was OTT. The conditions were horrendous for goal-kicks in the first half and how can you play short when Clyde are obviously going to high press? Even the low drilled kicks just sit up. Thought that was the best I’d seen us deal with wind under Farrell tbh. Sat deep and didn’t overcommit first half then had a real go for it in the second, though nothing was easy in those conditions combined with the pitch. I thought that there were many solid performances throughout the team, notably Newbury continues to impress. I’m totally convinced he’ll go straight into Hamilton’s starting lineup next season and imo defensive midfield is best position.

If that's the best we can handle the wind I'm never watching another game when it's windy again. It was absolutely horrendous from both sides, there was umpteen opportunities to play short and neither keeper altered their kicks at all, just kept kicking it as hard as they could straight into the wind and hoping for the best. I get it's League 2 and we can't expect them to play out in those conditions every time but there was literally no effort to play football at all.

I lost count how many times Hogarth had the ball and our back line walked away (casual stroll) with their backs to the ball, even with clyde holding a high line there was time for our keeper to play short if any of our defense had looked behind. So belt it up the park. Great tactics. Lmao.