Rovers 🔵⚪️ v Thistle 🔴🟡 - 2nd v 3rd

The game was absolute meh today. Opened up a bit second half but both teams probably happy enough with the point. I wish thistle well in the first round of the playoffs. We can't beat airdrie so do us a favour and get through.

4 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I don’t think next week decides 3rd place as there will be 2 games to go but huge advantage to whoever wins the game.

Oh, it doesn't decide, but it certainly puts one or the other in pole position, IF they win. Both have still to face DU in the closing two weeks, and Airdrie have a slight advantage with Queen's Park being the extra match, while Partick get Ayr. Of course, both may face a DU team playing for fun and player assessment.

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We're a bit of a mess at the moment and Murray is as clueless as ever to sort it. Rudden was atrocious again. When you factor in Turner being hooked at half time and Ashcroft being a crock, that's some great January business right there. 

Another game closer to the end of the season I suppose. 

Positive as ever, fanny

Never seem to get the rub if the green with this mob and should/could have snatched it at the end but looking forward to pumping them in second tranche of playoffs.

FB_IMG_1712989206488.jpg

Considering Sneddon, O'Reilly, Williams, Bannigan, Lawless, Robinson and Adeloye (did I miss anyone?) are all injured a draw away to the second placed team shouldn't be sniffed at. 

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Hard to be positive with the absolute garbage we've been serving up for the last 4 months. 

Highest league finishing position for years confirmed and yet you still bitch like a little girl week in week out, why do you bother, you are the epitome of 'fans' we don't need.

1 hour ago, Pride of Fife said:

I imagine it would be easier to support the likes of Thistle over Bigot Brothers if you live in Glasgow and having to be exposed to their shite at close quarters.

Unfortunately that’s not how glory hunting works.

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Highest league finishing position for years confirmed and yet you still bitch like a little girl week in week out, why do you bother, you are the epitome of 'fans' we don't need.

"2nd place confirmed" 🤣 

You must do the club social media as well. 

We've blown a great chance to win the league, but never mind, 2nd place confirmed. 

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

"2nd place confirmed" 🤣 

You must do the club social media as well. 

We've blown a great chance to win the league, but never mind, 2nd place confirmed. 

I give up, you are a lost cause 🤣

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Oh, it doesn't decide, but it certainly puts one or the other in pole position, IF they win. Both have still to face DU in the closing two weeks, and Airdrie have a slight advantage with Queen's Park being the extra match, while Partick get Ayr. Of course, both may face a DU team playing for fun and player assessment.

Ayr are unlikely to have anything to play for. Whether that is good or bad you can never tell, while QP might be playing for Championship survival. So, I am not so sure its advantage Airdrie just yet for the remaining games.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Considering Sneddon, O'Reilly, Williams, Bannigan, Lawless, Robinson and Adeloye (did I miss anyone?) are all injured a draw away to the second placed team shouldn't be sniffed at. 

Sneddon was pretty appalling the last time he was in goals against raith rovers to be fair- ended up conceding 4 goals that he could have done far better at

3 hours ago, embow said:

Could have asked for a goal or even maybe two but again we got the lucky defensive breaks. Fortunate to get a point and despite coming in second we are going to struggle in the Championship play off never mind the final one unless things improve dramatically. Three games to go. Will we win any of them? I would like to think so, but I'm struggling to see where a win will come from, including Arbroath, on current  form.

Ffs

Say one thing for you,your consistent.As negative on here as you are on fantalk

Easton looked on it when he came on at half time. Which makes his pathetic dive and subsequent booking for shouting at the ref, who had ignored the dive, even more pathetic. So much talent in him but utterly ruins it with that shit at times.

I have a theory that Murray was trying a few things out today with the lineup and then subs. I think with 3 to go we where as good as confirmed 2nd even with a loss today. I could be wrong, but I rarely am imo.

I didn’t think Easton looked good today. Better than he did on Tuesday but that wasn’t difficult. He was trying too hard I thought, and usually it wasn’t coming off. 

Smith had another good game though I thought. 
Still not exactly sure what the formation was- was it two up top? Or was Smith supposed to be playing off Rudden?

I agree that Murray was probably trying some things out though- that’s the first time for a long time that we’ve seen Smith & Vaughan together up front. He gave it 15mins then went back to the Hamilton/Vaughan partnership with Easton behind and Smith on the left, Connolly on the right. 
Lots of chopping and changing the formation which might have confused Particks makeshift team but in the end didn’t pay off. 

3 games in a week,  none of them particularly enjoyable. 
But let’s not lose sight of the fact that 2nd place is a fantastic improvement from last year and let’s hope the next couple of games allow us to find some form so that we can make a good effort in the play-offs. 

While everyone would have been happy if you told us we would finish 2nd at the start of the season I can see why the manager and team are on the receiving end of some criticism. For a manager to be 33 games into a season and still have no clue what his best starting 11 is insane. I could probably more accurately predict the starting 11 of any other team in the league rather than the team I watch most weeks.

2 years of Murray now and I still have no idea how he sends out his team to play. We have no identity at all, some times we boot it long, sometimes we try and knock it about a bit. Sometimes we press the opposition  other times we don't.

Would be nice if we could win the next few games and at least go into the playoffs with some momentum and positivity.

4 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

While everyone would have been happy if you told us we would finish 2nd at the start of the season I can see why the manager and team are on the receiving end of some criticism. For a manager to be 33 games into a season and still have no clue what his best starting 11 is insane. I could probably more accurately predict the starting 11 of any other team in the league rather than the team I watch most weeks.

2 years of Murray now and I still have no idea how he sends out his team to play. We have no identity at all, some times we boot it long, sometimes we try and knock it about a bit. Sometimes we press the opposition  other times we don't.

Would be nice if we could win the next few games and at least go into the playoffs with some momentum and positivity.

I'm not sure you could genuinely get a majority of rovers fans who would fully agree on what our strongest 11 is. I could come up with a different answer in the space of 10 minutes for that. 

I'd rather just win games, than have an identity tbh. 

How's this for positivity, we're finishing second in a league we finished 7th in last season. Anything more than that is an unexpected bonus. 

30 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'm not sure you could genuinely get a majority of rovers fans who would fully agree on what our strongest 11 is. I could come up with a different answer in the space of 10 minutes for that. 

I'd rather just win games, than have an identity tbh. 

How's this for positivity, we're finishing second in a league we finished 7th in last season. Anything more than that is an unexpected bonus. 

I agree fans are all going to have a different opinion on our best 11 but the manager doesn't seem to have a clue what his best 11 is. That for me is a worry. 

Successful teams who win the majority of games usually have a playing style/ identity.

I said everyone pre season would have seen 2nd as a huge positive but the way the season has petered out has been very disappointing. We are two ties away from Premier league it really should be treated as a great opportunity to get promoted not oh well if we win it's an unexpected bonus but it's hard to be optimistic given the current run we are on.

Today was a hard watch, but I'll cut both teams a bit of slack given the conditions. Sitting in the south stand I was well aware there was a bit of wind, but it was only walking down the steps into the concourse at half time for a Colin Nish that I fully appreciated how strong the wind was.

Positives from today - another clean sheet for Dabrowski, with a couple of decent saves, also Vaughan provided a spark when he came on.

Negatives - seeing so many professional players with a first touch akin to an elephant and the fact I'm no further forward as to our best eleven and best formation.

11 hours ago, grumswall said:

Easton looked on it when he came on at half time. Which makes his pathetic dive and subsequent booking for shouting at the ref, who had ignored the dive, even more pathetic. So much talent in him but utterly ruins it with that shit at times.

I thought Easton was poor yesterday. He was trying too hard, trying to showboat, and making wrong decisions.

His dive in the penalty box was embarrassing. When your own fans are shouting at you to get up, stop the nonsense. Frustratingly, he'd tried the same earlier in the half when bundled into touch, albeit not as long.