Battle for the Playoffs: Wasps v Mo

Big game for both teams on Saturday.

Hopefully our performance against Stirling wasn't a one off and we can play like we were playing throughout February.

Will be interesting to see our starting XI and if Devine and Scougs are fit. Not sure if Hetherington will be fit enough to start but would be good to see him come on and get more minutes into his legs. I'd like to see Cammy back in at LB and Sutherland moved forward. Think Cammy is the better of the two defensively and Sutherland seems to have his confidence back after his goal.

Got a funny feeling it might be a high scoring game again, hopefully we aren't still shell shocked from Falkirk defeat.

Have to say I was pretty impressed with Alloa last time around especially Taylor Steven caused our full back all sorts of problems.

Would take a draw right now but have a funny feeling Alloa will beat us on Saturday....Hope to be proved wrong 😁 

20 hours ago, tryall said:

Was at the 4-3 defeat away and it was a tremendous game. Looking forward to another like it with the result reversed.

Hopefully a Montrose player calls the ref a bawbag this time

Expecting another good game between the sides tomorrow with the attacking options on display and the way they both play. 

Hopefully we can keep it tighter at the back and slow the game down when necessary. Only tactical change I expect for Alloa is Scougs coming in if fit, probably for Sammo.

I always think that if your team is still in the mix for promotion come this time of the season then it's been a decent year. And here we are. Four big games and, hopefully, four more.

2 hours ago, printer said:

Expecting another good game between the sides tomorrow with the attacking options on display and the way they both play. 

Hopefully we can keep it tighter at the back and slow the game down when necessary. Only tactical change I expect for Alloa is Scougs coming in if fit, probably for Sammo.

I always think that if your team is still in the mix for promotion come this time of the season then it's been a decent year. And here we are. Four big games and, hopefully, four more.

Think the point about being able to slow it down is key. For all that last week was brilliant we never really controlled the middle of the park; it was all a bit chaotic and Stirling did get a lot of chances. A better side like Montrose will take advantage so we'll need to be a bit tighter in there, while aiming to get the ball wide and do damage, that's where the game was won last week.

Guessing Mackay comes in for Devine after a fine display from the bench last week. As the podcast boys mentioned Stevie looked understandably rusty at Forthbank so probably too early for a start. Great option to bring on for more control in the middle though. Probably means the big call is does Wales stay behind the striker, where he was great last week, or does he go back up top with Scougall behind. Both good options but I was so impressed by Bobby in that role last week and in how he knitted things together and got up to support Sammo, I'd be a little tempted to try it again. 

We've played well against Montrose in the three games and have 1 point. That's bound to be a real confidence booster for the Mo. We really need to turn it around if we're going to stay on course for a shot at the play-offs. 

Think last weeks win will give a good boost of momentum for the lads after failing to win the last three previous to Stirling. I think McKay might be in ahead of Devine, depending on the seriousness of the injury but thought McKay had a good performance when he came off the bench last week. Think it will be hard to make any changes apart from that though as everyone had a good game last week. But it will be a hard game tomorrow, as it always is with Montrose but we have probably deserved to win or at least take points in each of the three previous meetings but ultimately our own individual errors have cost us. Think I seen the minimum to secure the play-off place is that we can draw the next two but we need to go out there and have a winning mentality for our last four fixtures of the league campaign

Since beating you guys 4-3 and scudding Cove, we've been dire.

A fortunate draw at home to Annan,  dire performance at Stirling and I won't mention Falkirk. 

I think Alloa are a shoe in for one of the play off places although they've got a tough run in. 

Big game for us. Hope Watson is fit because we really some grit in midfield. 

Just hope we keep the momentum going from last week. Miko and Kyle Roberts have got to start .

Our team is great in terms of attacking and scoring goals but the centre of our defence is still a worry. Incredible that we have scored something like 55 goals so far and conceded 50.  Tells it's own story but hope we remain on the front foot today. Outstanding last week.

The away side will be more disappointed leaving with a point. Think the Annan win over Cove makes that point an even better one. Just again couldn't take our chances and had some good ones but thought at the other end of the park PJ Morrison probably MOTM for some big saves 

I suppose not all games can be like the last meeting of these two at Links Park, but the conditions without doubt contributed to a poor spectacle today. 

Alloa will be the happier of the two with the draw and I thought Montrose just shaded it over the 90 minutes. Probably tough to say either side really did enough to grab 3 points but Montrose should have won it with the chance near the end. 

Thought we were ok today but frustrating the support with a reluctance to have a shot, with Coulson probably the biggest guilty party a couple of times in the 2nd half. 

The front 4 we finished with is what I’ve been wanting for a few weeks and I thought we seen a couple of glimpses of them linking up in last 15 minutes. That’s the front 4 I’d start with next week. 

I thought the penalty/dive call was correct, felt the Montrose defender had stood their ground and not moved towards Coulson and, as much as I’d have loved to see us get a penalty, I don’t feel the defender should be punished in that instance. Will need to have a look at Webster’s (I think it was) early tackle in the highlights tonight - im seeing it from behind Neill so obviously an obstructed view but looked for all the world a straightforward red card at the time. 

No idea why we kept playing balls up in the air with the wind. This is Sammon's third season (I think?) and we've still not realised punting balls up to him is just turning over possession.

Like @Kevchenko said I'd like to see the front four we finished the game with get a go next week. Got to credit Quinn and Steven for the work they done defensively chasing back too.

Thought Miko and Kurtis were good again, couple of really good interceptions from both of them. 

Bit of a slog in very tough conditions. We needed to get the ball down more than we did and the final ball was frustrating on a few occasions when we were almost in, but easy to say that from the stand, not so easy if you're out there in the swirling wind. Didn't get the best out of Bobby in the deeper role this time. Defence and midfield worked really hard and PJ was terrific with some big saves. 

A draw was probably about right, we had better chances in first half and Montrose in the second. They'll feel they should have scored near the end but think given the pattern of the past 3 games between the sides that would have been particularly hard to take for Alloa. Point is fine given the Cove result and sets us up for another big game there next week. Hopefully not in a gale. 

Four seasons in one day there played in a hooley. Unfortunately,  the wind was the winner.

Both teams had their spells on top but I think we had three guilt edge chances that should have nicked all 3 points. A massive improvement from our last 3 games and, we are both winners with Cove slipping up again.

Big game for you guys next week. A win should secure your play off place.

1 minute ago, PortyMo said:

Big game for you guys next week

All of them now , but yes next week will be big too , the wind ruined the game and it looked difficult to cope with 

Both teams with hairy moments in the box ., Draw a fair  result IMO . 

Shocking for away fans. Getting soaked in the back row of the stand.

The wind ruined the game. It became an utter farce towards the end.

I am disappointed we didn't nick three points. Alloa were threatening at times. Just glad we weren't the victims of a freak gust of wind blowing the ball past our keeper. Mind you if we'd won courtesy of the "hand of God", I wouldn't have complained.

Definitely got my full dose of fresh air (the wind wasn't blowing from Grangemouth, I hope). I did wonder why the pitch was orientated the way it was and it was difficult to work out which side benefitted from the wind direction in which half. It all seemed so random. I think probably Montrose had the best of it in the second half.

No veggie friendly food at the Away side pie van. The warm water I had to drink had only a fleeting acquaintance with a tea bag, so next time I will opt for what will undoubtedly be equally poor instant coffee.

At full time I sampled a macaroni cheese pie from the home side pie shop, as I needed sustenance to get me back down the road. It had been microwaved rather than grilled, so again, not great.

I am calling for an end to pie shop apartheid in every ground. "No!" to away fans having to pay through the nose for inferior choice and quality fare.

It was the same at Annan. End this discrimination now.

2 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Shocking for away fans. Getting soaked in the back row of the stand.

The wind ruined the game. It became an utter farce towards the end.

I am disappointed we didn't nick three points. Alloa were threatening at times. Just glad we weren't the victims of a freak gust of wind blowing the ball past our keeper. Mind you if we'd won courtesy of the "hand of God", I wouldn't have complained.

Definitely got my full dose of fresh air (the wind wasn't blowing from Grangemouth, I hope). I did wonder why the pitch was orientated the way it was and it was difficult to work out which side benefitted from the wind direction in which half. It all seemed so random. I think probably Montrose had the best of it in the second half.

No veggie friendly food at the Away side pie van. The warm water I had to drink had only a fleeting acquaintance with a tea bag, so next time I will opt for what will undoubtedly be equally poor instant coffee.

At full time I sampled a macaroni cheese pie from the home side pie shop, as I needed sustenance to get me back down the road. It had been microwaved rather than grilled, so again, not great.

I am calling for an end to pie shop apartheid in every ground. "No!" to away fans having to pay through the nose for inferior choice and quality fare.

Give us a shout next home game , i will give you a tea bag and a pasta salad oot o LIDL .

edit.....thats if we are still here next season .

Edited by Vegetableman

11 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Stirling's Forthbank pies currently top of the league (unlike the team).