​​​​​​​ Greenock Morton v Dundee United  12/4/24 (on BBC Scotland)

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

United don't look like they've needed to get our of 1st gear either, this looks like a cakewalk for them without having to really work for it.  This is a much different Morton to the one we've seen earlier in the season, whats happening?

f**k only knows. It's hard to believe that the nucleus of the team we're watching right now is the same as the one who went 16 games unbeatren, who put Motherwell to the sword in the Cup, who gave 3rd-best-in-the-Premiership-Hearts a decent contest in the quarters, who put DUFC to the sword 2-3 at Tannadice, who annihilated Pars 0-5 at EEP etc. etc. etc. My only saving grace from this is that I don't feel as scunnered as my Lichties mates on here must feel.

Fitba ......

11 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye. 

That gap has allowed the confidence to flourish, and being so close to the end of the season the United players just look so keen to get this title over the line. Tails are up. 

Morton are probably safe from relegation, and are probably not reaching the playoffs so don't have that intensity that made them such a nightmare to play against a month or two back. 

A loss tonight and a win for Raith tomorrow and it was back on, but aye I reckon it's done. Challenge for Raith is to try and get some momentum going for the playoffs, and for the morale not to drop with the dissapointment of losing the title. 

I have no idea whether the gap afforded by coming 2nd is a good, or a bad thing in this regard. 

A settled back line would go a long way in deciding if we can make a real go of it, an if no theres always next season .................... if the recruitment goes well

Just now, Chippyminton said:

f**k only knows. It's hard to believe that the nucleus of the team we're watching right now is the same as the one who went 16 games unbeatren, who put Motherwell to the sword in the Cup, who gave 3rd-best-in-the-Premiership-Hearts a decent contest in the quarters, who put DUFC to the sword 2-3 at Tannadice, who annihilated Pars 0-5 at EEP etc. etc. etc. My only saving grace from this is that I don't feel as scunnered as my Lichties mates on here must feel.

Fitba ......

Perhaps the worst thing that happened to your team this season was having a successful Scottish cup run. 
Getting promoted via the playoffs would have been far better. 
I’d have liked to have seen you back in the top flight even if just for one season. Hey ho.