​​​​​​​ Greenock Morton v Dundee United  12/4/24 (on BBC Scotland)

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

This Morton downfall really does make watching football worthwhile. As does seeing Jack Baird utterly embarrass himself.

How can you get so worked up by Morton?  Seriously.  I don't get that at all.  Little Ayr don't even register with me.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think how we feel having lost thrice to them. Lee Bullen must stand trial for international war crimes. 

Netanyahu, Putin, Biden, Sunak, Scholz & Bullen up at the Hague for my Christmas plz

All I can really do to retaliate is mock Utd's woeful travelling support.  A big club in Scottish terms on the verge of a league title bringing around 800 fans is pretty embarrassing.  May have been more but I expected at least a couple of thousand. 

24 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Seems like the whole of the Championship support - plus a couple of League 1 supporters - plus a token Premiership supporter - have turned out en masse to gloat over our ignominious defeat at the hands of the imminent champions. I have to say that some of the contributions have been classic P&B comedy gold, and fair play to all those who've somehow managed to make me raise a smile amidst the general gloom and despondency.

Next season will be better.

For the Honestmen.

5 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

All I can really do to retaliate is mock Utd's woeful travelling support.  A big club in Scottish terms on the verge of a league title bringing around 800 fans is pretty embarrassing.  May have been more but I expected at least a couple of thousand. 

Crack on then, bud. Goal's wide open. Put it away ...

An appalling performance, from a team who were out on their feet after 3 games in 6 days. 
Dundee Utd clearly deserved the win, but holy f**k just about all of those goals were gifted to them one way or another. 
No other manager would’ve had as much of a free pass as Imrie has recently, and he’s deserved patience given the job he’s done since taking over 2.5 years ago. However, that patience is starting to wear off with me as he continually picks his golden boys who have been horrendous for months. “I’ll never criticise my players for what they’ve given me” *apart from a couple of young players, most noticeably Jack Bearne who after putting in a MOTM performance is given a hard time for not contributing for 90 mins. 
This squad needs an overhaul, Broadfoot, French, Quitongo, Waters, McGrattan and Blues should not be here next season. 

37 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Not all bad for the Ton.

Screenshot_20240412_215054_Edge.thumb.jpg.f6a0833d1764e8907bc55142178510e8.jpg

At least we’re top of something. I’d like to see us factor this into our summer recruitment and aim for 150 next year. Contrary to popular opinion, we’re far too soft for my liking. 

Does anyone have any vicious maniacs they’re looking to offload for free?  

32 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Imrie has to put his hands up for that defensive selection. A complete shambles and not surprised by the scoreline.

I thought he was going with 3 at the back and Wilson and French out wide. That would at least made some kind of sense. But O'Connor RB and French LB gave me the fear when they lined up at the start of the game. And so it came to pass we shipped 4 goals. Lets never see that line up again!

Utd deserved their win. No complaints on that as the better team on the night won 

French LB?

Mental - Cammy Kerr is a better left back than French

32 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Seems like the whole of the Championship support - plus a couple of League 1 supporters - plus a token Premiership supporter - have turned out en masse to gloat over our ignominious defeat at the hands of the imminent champions. I have to say that some of the contributions have been classic P&B comedy gold, and fair play to all those who've somehow managed to make me raise a smile amidst the general gloom and despondency.

Next season will be better.

Honest.

38 years then?

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

It did though.

We went 7 clear of 5th and got to a point behind Partick.

And then we fucked it.

Fair. My comment is based on the fact that we’d have to overachieve so significantly for the remainder of the season, to overcome that start and reach the playoffs, that it was very unlikely. Having got ourselves into that position though I understand that expectations were then raised. 

30 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

How can you get so worked up by Morton?  Seriously.  I don't get that at all.  Little Ayr don't even register with me.

Good attempt but it falls short.

Just an innocent chuckle at a squad of wanks falling flat on their face is all it was. Nothing special.