​​​​​​​ Greenock Morton v Dundee United  12/4/24 (on BBC Scotland)

terrible Morton performance looking a shadow of ourselves when we went on our 16 game unbeaten run hit with injuries to an already small squad did no favours and Dougie persisting with the same guff that’s done nothing for weeks 

that’ll be Utd champions congratulations a team that realistically shouldn’t be in the championship but have the odd stinking season and come down so we’ll probs meet again in the championship as I don’t see us getting promoted anytime soon unless a millionaire decides to take over Morton until then it’ll be mediocre mid table finishes for the foreseeable 

Edited by Cowshed

15 hours ago, LargsTON said:

All I can really do to retaliate is mock Utd's woeful travelling support.  A big club in Scottish terms on the verge of a league title bringing around 800 fans is pretty embarrassing.  May have been more but I expected at least a couple of thousand. 

Was it 800 fans? Is that from an official attendance figure, or ticket sales or something?
I mean it was a horrendous night and game was on the telly, so couldn’t really blame anyone if folk DID stay away.  
That said, I managed to get into what ended up being an absolutely packed away section of the covered seated grandstand.  The relatively sparse numbers you saw on TV, stood on the open terracing behind the goal, are only the poor buggers who never managed (or didn’t want to?!) to get into that stand.

Question for Morton fans.  Does the lad Wilson (no.27) usually play centre midfield, or was that an experiment in the first half?

I don’t think I’ve seen a more unlikely midfielder in a long time.  It looked like a centre half playing centre mid, with predictably horrendous results.

9 minutes ago, foxinperu said:

Question for Morton fans.  Does the lad Wilson (no.27) usually play centre midfield, or was that an experiment in the first half?

I don’t think I’ve seen a more unlikely midfielder in a long time.  It looked like a centre half playing centre mid, with predictably horrendous results.

Yes, when he's fully fit he's very good and for me has been our best player this season, but he's injury prone and the couple of games he takes to get up to speed when returning from an injury can often be a difficult watch - that was his first start since February. I can't think of another player with such a noticeable gulf between performance levels at 90% fit and 100% fit.

29 minutes ago, foxinperu said:

Was it 800 fans? Is that from an official attendance figure, or ticket sales or something?
I mean it was a horrendous night and game was on the telly, so couldn’t really blame anyone if folk DID stay away.  
That said, I managed to get into what ended up being an absolutely packed away section of the covered seated grandstand.  The relatively sparse numbers you saw on TV, stood on the open terracing behind the goal, are only the poor buggers who never managed (or didn’t want to?!) to get into that stand.

I don't know what the official away attendance was.   Merely speculating.  

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Just watched the goals this morning, ooft.

The first a cross shouldn't be coming back in so easily after a freekick hits the wall, they've not gotten into any kind of shape after that, but it's primarily dreadful defending from Crawford. It's as if he doesn't even know Docherty's there until he's jumped despite looking right at him the whole way, terribly weak.

The second, where to start. At least the player giving the ball away cheaply in our own half wasn't Power for once, dreadful from Quitongo, but once the ball gets there every single player in our box looks like an utter tit. O'Connor has the chance to put his laces through the ball and shits out of it, French especially really needs to be reacting far sooner when the ball breaks to Middleton, however that would involve him actually paying attention to a game which would have been a first. While everyone in the box was making a spectacle of themselves, at least they were all there: Broadfoot only appears on the edge of the box as the shot hits the net. I know the now 39 year old was never known for his pace, but where the f**k was he?

The third, Kirk Broadfoot letting the ball drop right over his head and bounce inside our own box when the simple act of bothering his arse to jump would have allowed him to easily head it away from danger. How blessed we are to have the experienced ex-international centre back who's played in European finals imparting his great experience, wisdom and professionalism to the rest of the defence. Glue factory for him in the summer, or preferably today. From there, everyone just loses the run of themselves and charges after the ball like primary school weans rather than maintaining any positional discipline, hence the ball then breaking to Moult with no one within about 6 yards of him.

Jack Baird, fucking hell. He's had a right cranial detachment this week, could have been sent off in all three games and caps it off by doing that for the fourth. Even before he played for us, I always thought Baird was heavily influenced by the defence around him. When he played against us for St Mirren and was beside Gregor Buchanan, he looked an even bigger shambles than Buchanan and gave goals away at a frightening rate. When he played against us for St Mirren with Harry Davis or Gary McKenzie beside him, he looked a class act. Never a player who's going to carry a defence himself but can easily get raised up or dragged down to the level of the players around him. So last season he was a genuine contender for our player of the season when he was between Grimshaw at right back, and either O'Connor or Ambrose as the other centre back. This season he's mostly had Tyler French and Kirk Broadfoot either side, and it's shown: right now he's managing to be even worse than those two clowns and you can't blame anyone else for whatever the f**k he's thinking there. The off the ball antics suggest that not only are the players around him rubbing off on his ability, but the influence of Broadfoot is extending to making him behave like a complete dickhead as well.

We're worse than we were in the first third of the season just now. We'd need to lose all three games to end up 9th from this position and even then it might not happen, but if we play like that we're Arbroath's best hope of a win. Scrape a result from somewhere and limp to the end of the season in 7th or 8th then get the obvious weak links in this squad launched to East Kilbride.

I suspect you’ve watched the Morton highlights and not the BBC. It’s clearer from the BBC side that the first goal is mainly Power’s fault. Crawford can see Docherty but has his own man behind him to consider. Power blindly tries to pass Docherty on to Crawford for some  reason. Unforgivably shite defending, he’d get dug out for that in a Sunday league. 

13 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

No way did the Morton captain pass the armband to someone else whilst playing last night 😂😂😂 that is absolutely fucking tragic behaviour hahahahaha

The captain was a sub. He got his armband when he came on. Happened a few times this season.

14 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

No way did the Morton captain pass the armband to someone else whilst playing last night 😂😂😂 that is absolutely fucking tragic behaviour hahahahaha

I don't know what planet you live on but this is hardly an irregular occurrence at any level of football.  What a bizarre comment.

9 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I don't know what planet you live on but this is hardly an irregular occurrence at any level of football.  What a bizarre comment.

Maybe my mind playing tricks on me, but it seems to be a more recent invention?

The starting captain for the day should remain the captain for the game imho - seen Liverpool hand the armband around 3/4 times a game (especially when Milner/Henderson) were getting bits of games which is just daft.

30 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Nah it’s not bizarre - weirdo behaviour having the captain of your team pass the armband mid game. Looked like the change of leadership made a big difference anyway 👍🤣

17 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Nah it’s not bizarre - weirdo behaviour having the captain of your team pass the armband mid game. Looked like the change of leadership made a big difference anyway 👍🤣

Of all the sticks the Airdrie fans have to beat us with at the moment, this is definitely the most pointless.

12 minutes ago, Toby said:

Of all the sticks the Airdrie fans have to beat us with at the moment, this is definitely the most pointless.

Absolutely and just further emphasises this bizarre obsession they've developed with us.   I've seen the likes of Xavi and Iniesta to name just two passing the armband down the years.  

9 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Absolutely and just further emphasises this bizarre obsession they've developed with us.   I've seen the likes of Xavi and Iniesta to name just two passing the armband down the years.  

Think it’s just one oddball tbh. Of the three Championship teams going to the play-offs I find Airdrie the most palatable.

Maybe a case of absence making the heart grow fonder after we had quite a bitter rivalry in 2003-04, or humiliating Falkirk last season, but I’ll certainly be wanting them to beat Partick and Raith.

Not sure I want them up to give us a crap visit to St. Johnstone or a third and fourth trip to the Highlands though.

12 minutes ago, Toby said:

Think it’s just one oddball tbh. Of the three Championship teams going to the play-offs I find Airdrie the most palatable.

Maybe a case of absence making the heart grow fonder after we had quite a bitter rivalry in 2003-04, or humiliating Falkirk last season, but I’ll certainly be wanting them to beat Partick and Raith.

Not sure I want them up to give us a crap visit to St. Johnstone or a third and fourth trip to the Highlands though.

Hard to disagree.  

1 hour ago, Toby said:

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel

3 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

John Baird had one of those games players sometimes have where it looks like they have only got a game through winning a raffle

Jack Baird.

He also managed something I didn't think possible - he managed to be the biggest c**t in a team containing Kirk Broadfoot

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Jack Baird.

He also managed something I didn't think possible - he managed to be the biggest c**t in a team containing Kirk Broadfoot

Oh aye. Although John Baird might have had a better game, even at centre half